“Great location, great hotel”
Review of Villa Renos

Villa Renos
Ranked #4 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Brisbane, Australia
“Great location, great hotel”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed for a weekend in Oct, it's a great hotel that deserves the reviews and ratings on Tripadvisor.
Hotel breakfast are great, and some local food makes them special.
Santorini has lots of steps! Hotel staff generously help get your luggage down to the hotel, and back up when you're leaving, but if you have trouble with your knees Santorini may not be the best place for a vacation :)
But man it is beautiful. All rooms have an amazing view that can't be described, and photos don't do it justice. The view will literally take your breath away.

Room Tip: Room 3 had it's won jacuzzi. The actual hotel uses 5 floors (it makes sense when you see Santori...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LuckiestCouple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Having seen all the reviews, this helped me to book our stay here. This was our last stay at the end of a 3 week holiday ..and also our 30th Wedding Anniversary whilst there. It was a truly special 5 days. Vassilis, Zina and Petros and the lovely staff of this hotel, make your stay special.They look after you..spoil you and are helpful with tips for restaurants, organising tours and feeding you the most beautiful breakfast. Zina even cooked us brekkie early before we left on the 9th October..Thanks Petros and Zina for sending us on our way with such care...I recommend that if you want spectacular views of the caldera and a personal touch by the staff, this is the place to stay and be spoiled and be happy. I truly loved Villa Renos...it was the perfect end to our holiday.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My sister and I bounced around Greece starting in Crete and ending in Athens with a few nights in Santorini in the middle. Of all the hotels we stayed (including an American hotel chain in Athens), Villa Renos was our favorite hotel and our most comfortable stay. The room was clean, secure, cool, and beautifully decorated. We had a balcony which lead to a beautiful view, a small jacuzzi pool, chairs, tables, and access to the Fira cliff sides. The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast they provided was amazing. We felt they valued and appreciated our stay. I won't stay in Santorini anywhere else and can't wait until I get the opportunity to go back.

Room Tip: Every room is a good room.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at Villa Renos for 3 nights and couldn't have been happier. Villa Renos is a 4 star establishment and is the number 1 hotel in Fira for a reason. The rooms are very nice and all have a fantastic view of the Caldera. The absolute selling point is the fantastic customer service provided by the family who run the hotel. Vassilis (Bill) is very friendly and will provide suggestions and arrange things to do etc. As other reviewers have stated, the breakfasts are fantastic and are a highlight of the day. Santorini is a beautiful location and Villa Renos is the perfect place to stay. If I return to Santorini, this is the place I will be staying.

Room Tip: All rooms have a perfect view of the Caldera.
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 29 September 2013

You know that feeling you get when you are just so content with everything...well this is it. I have read all the other reviews and they are all spot on. This hotel doesn't get the ackolades by accident, it is absolutely superb. I can't speak highly enough of the location but also the great family that run this superb establishment. I write this review on 29 Sept 2013 as I watch the sun go down from our belcony and I feel as if I'm the only one here and this is my private view. My wife and I have been travelling around Europe by vehicle for 3 months and we have seen some spectacular sights and stayed at some amazing places but this takes the cake. Petros, Zina and Vassilis are the family you always wanted. They go to extraordinary lengths to ensure you are comfortable, your every need is taken care of and provide great advice and local knowledge. We had the best day ever with a sunset cruise organised for us by Vassilis. I really can't speak highly enough of this place. The rooms are clean, a good size and the hotel located to take full advantage of the greatest sunsets I've seen. Finally the breakfasts are to die for...I'd like to say a big thank you to the family for making this such a special time for us and whilst these reviews will make it more and more popular and harder for us to get back in, nevertheless do yourself a favour and stay here.

Room Tip: We were in room 5 and couldn't fault it but I don't think you could get a bad room here.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We recently stayed at Villa Renos and have had a superb stay. Vassilis, Mum and Dad all made us feel extremely welcome. The breakfasts were fantastic, especially when sitting outside in the morning sun overlooking the volcano. Vassilis also went above and beyond to ensure our stay was enjoyable, making several excellent recommendations for lunchtime and evening dining options, all of which we tried and all of which we loved. We would definitely recommend Villa Renos and will definitely come back!!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 September 2013

A lovely family run business with heaps of personal attention. Views from rooms are stunning. Breakfast by the family are real home made Greek delights, and plenty of it. Be aware that there are lots of steps in this place so you need to be sready on your feet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the top of the villas.
1 Thank Kevin_551491