“None better in Santorini”
Review of Villa Renos

Villa Renos
Ranked #4 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Argentina
“None better in Santorini”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

What cam I say??? The locstion was perfect, the room in front of the sea, minutes from all the major thoroughfares, bus station, supermarkets, etc. The rooms were of very ample size, the balcony with beach chairs, a table and chairs to ensure the sunset were as good as one can get (sorry, Mr. Nicholson). The bathroom had a jazzuci not to mention a much bigger one shared with a few other guests near our balcony. The breakfasts were very ample and one could sit outside and soak up the unbelievable and indescribable views. The owner and other staff were very helful and there is no other place I would recommend to anyone wanting an amazing experience in Santorini. May be pricey but, hey, you live once and need to experience the unforgettable!!!! This is one of those once in a lifetime opportunities!!! Grab it!!

Room Tip: Only potential problem was told to us by another guest whose room was in the lower building and a bi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PeteArgentina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Drouin, Australia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is a family run concern & they try to give everyone a true taste of Greece. Each morning they serve up an organic breakfast cooked from the produce from their family garden. The food is to die for, something we have never experienced before. They will arrange anything you want & the view from each room is spectacular. We can not fault one single aspect of our stay there. It is a MUST stay on your trip

Room Tip: Ask for a top room because there are a lot of stairs
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jody F
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Ok, so I always do my research before I book and in this case, the reviews do not lie, just take a look at the photos I have taken!

THERE IS NO QUESTION THAT WHO EVER YOU ARE, WHAT EVER YOU LIKE, THIS IS THE PLACE TO BOOK IF STAYING IN SANTORINI

So you may ask why, and I will tell you

LOCATION!!!!! VIEW!!!!! Beyond my expectations, breathtaking, unbelievable, a once-in-a-life-time stay that will never leave me.

Location: This hotel is scaled in levels of 5 or more down the cliff, centered perfectly in the middle of the town so that you have white architecture from left and from right and a sea as blue as you could imagine direct in front, with the volcano sitting perfectly in the middle, you will *NEVER* put your camera down, trust me.. The hotel is right near the pebblestone shopping strips and close to an abundant of restaurants with views you will not be able to imagine until you come here

Rooms: EVERY room faces the ocean and every room has a private balcony with french doors. See my photos, no need to book a spa room as the non-spa rooms share a plunge pool anyway which is bigger and due to the hotels intimacy of guests, there is a small no. of guests to share with, and FYI we were the only ones in it for the duration of our stay.

Facilities: as above, exceptional - the building is immaculate, stunning, rendered white, beautiful pebble floors, marble tiles. The rooms are split level, very clean, unlike other hotels there is an ABUNDANCE of english channels on a multitude of foxtel channels, the WIFI is free and unlike other hotels VERY FAST, we uploaded so many photos (hundreds and hundreds) without an issue.

Service. Please, I don't think you could get any better. Vassillis and his family own the business, he is hands on and knows anything and everything about the town. THE BREAKFAST is to die for. Imagine sitting outside overlooking the view and being served, for breakfast, home made pumpkin soup, vegetable slice, eggs cooked to your liking, other cooked delights and yes, FOR BREAKFAST home made salted caramel icecream. I felt like royalty here, I sit in my room here now writing this because this place is just so special that I needed to voice my thoughts so that people like Vassillis that tick EVERY BOX benefit from doing things beyond what you could imagine.

So there you have it, views, value for money, privacy, location, facilities, food and service - all PERFECT. If I see a bad review on this place, I will actually take it personally, if you read one - ignore it, it is NOT possible to give a bad review on this place, it really is not.

There is no other place to stay, and if you doubt me - just look at my photos!

Holly x

Room Tip: Any room is a good room but if you do not get the spa room, don't panic too much as I covered ab...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Hollybrookandaudrey
Figtree
Reviewed 15 June 2014

All of the reviews about Villa Renos are correct. Perfect position, wonderful views of the caldera and of course the sunsets, fantastic host, clean and elegant rooms, scrumptious breakfasts. What more could you want?! We would love to visit again...soon,

Stayed May 2014
Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Vassilis is the most amazing host we've met. And his family property is a little piece of paradise nestled amongst the most stunning views in the world. We originally booked a gorgeous suite with him and wanted to come back after business we had to attend to in Athens so he quickly & kindly took care of all of our arrangements.
The food was outstanding, a refreshing hot breakfast, original to 99% of other accommodations we've stayed at. Hearty and soo mouth-wateringly delicious. We now have to come back here, and will only stay with Vassilis when in Fira again. Thank you so much for an amazing Santorini Five Star experience!!

Room Tip: If you can afford to book a suite they are stunning however the hotel part is extremely quiet, spaci...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Flying_canadian
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Villa Renos Hotel for 8 nights and we certainly were not disappointed. This long serving family owned and managed boutique hotel delivered the highest quality of customer service of any hotel we have stayed at in the last 20 years and there has been many including all the top brands. Their Fira location and views of the Calderra are to die for...simply breathtaking. The entire family of Petros, Zina, Vassilis, Valli and staff looked after us like we were family, providing guidance and advice at ever opportunity. Their Greek breakfasts were all a taste sensation produced from fruit and vegetables grown on their own farm WOW. Truly an amazing life changing experience and we conclude our brief story by saying a very heart felt goodbye to this remarkable passionate customer focused team. Hope to stay in touch and we are certainly guaranteed to return soon(we wish it was next week).

Robyn & Mark Stephenson
Sydney Australia

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Pelican234
Brightwaters, Australia
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here in May for 6 wonderful nights. This is my second stay & my husbands first. I chose to return to Villa Renos mainly due to the magnificent Caldera views and the friendly management. Vassilis and his dad Petros make you very welcome and make it seem as though you are visiting their family home (which you are!)The other staff are also friendly and carry the heavy bags up & down the stairs! Vassilis goes out of his way to accommodate requests. The 2 newly renovated lower rooms are luxurious & roomy. The top rooms have the best views though!!!! and are my choice. I loved to sit on the balcony .have a drink....watch the ever changing view..cruise ships, boats, birds..........and the sunsets!!! Of course the home made breakfasts with a number of courses are ..prepared by Vasillis's mum from local produce...are to die for...every day they are different ...fresh and so yummy!. The rooms are very clean and very comfortable. The location is very central..of course there are stairs...you can't have the view without stairs!!!!. Restaurants,bars,shops, taxi & bus stations are all close.Thank-you ..we would recommend the hotel and will return...hopefully!!!!

Room Tip: If you want luxury choose the lower rooms ..for the view choose higher up rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple