“3rd year and still excellent”
Review of Aigialos Hotel

Aigialos Hotel
Ranked #32 of 80 Hotels in Fira
THESSALONIKI
“3rd year and still excellent”
Reviewed 22 July 2011

what a woderful place to stay and relax.....
aigialos hotel is my favorite
it is the 3rd year at santorini...and of course at aigialos hotel..
every year is more wonderful!!the stuff,,,the rooms..the place...and the view..
if someone read my review... ι suggested you go unconditionally to AIGIALOS HOTEL!!
you will pass unforgettable MOMENTS...
see you next year......<3 u!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank nana i

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
BEVERLY HILLS
Reviewed 20 July 2011

This island is magical! This was our first time in Santorini and we had a blast. Fira is a very beautiful village and this hotel felt like a house,so it's very cute. We loved our suite called Zephyros I hope I spelled it right! We sat down in our amazing private balcony looking over the ocean for hours. The sunset view was out of this world. The staff were like nothing we had ever seen and we travel a lot. We asked them for movies in English and they went to a video store and found "Town" and "Lawrence of Arabia" for us! Upon arrival they sent us a giant plate of beautifully cut fresh fruits,nuts and wine. Great breakfasts by the reception and they really treat us like family. The only thing that was a little uncomfortable was the shower because was hand held and short so with my head full of hair, was not an easy thing to do! Other than that which I got used to it and we laughed about it constantly, we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank FAY1357
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 16 July 2011

The personal service and standard of the hotel were exceptional. The attention to detail was very unusual. Every member of staff made us feel special.
Quite a few stairs to climb from reception and breakfast to the rooms
Hotel close to shops and restaurants in Fira and on the last evening, we had an excellent dinner on our personal balcony cooked by the hotel chef

Room Tip: Rooms are small but well maintained, serviced daily Breakfast provided daily and is really deliciou...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Paula255068
Reviewed 16 July 2011

From the welcoming committee to the service of our croissants each of the, what, 6 mornings?, my family and I were living this wonderful experience every minute.
From the moment we landed at the airport, we were taken in charge by Jean-Pierre and Nikos. Once at the hotel we were introduced to Vivi and Yiouli whose genuine smiles and authentic desire to make our stay the Best possible were immediately noticed.
The quality and personalized service (from breakfast preferences to choice of sites for our hicking) combined with a breathtaking view from our unit is the key to your successes.
I already spread the great news about Aigialos and hope my contacts will experience your amazing property.
One side note; the bathroom of the unit Zefyros would benefit from a small but efficient change. I think that changing the counter for a small corner sink, adding shelving in such a way that it allows the door to open fully and a shower curtain that covers only the shower surface in an "L" shape would make it better. Still, it will never take away those souvenirs nor prevent us to recommend or even return to your hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank FPrezeau
New York, NY
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Beyond the fantastic, friendly, and accommodating hotel staff, beyond the charming beauty of the hotel, Aigialos is the quintessential Santorini experience. The cliffside sunsets and stunning views made this one of the most fabulous places I've ever stayed. The wonderfully attentive and genuinely friendly staff made this one of the most luxurious places I've ever stayed. The afternoon I spent with friends at the Aigialos (all of whom high maintenance and demanding New Yorkers) was the perfect ending to my trip in Greece and has left me with a cherished travel memory I will carry with me forever. Now tell me, how many hotels can you say that about and mean it?

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room depending on what you're looking to get.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bpresnell
Trabuco Canyon, California
Reviewed 15 July 2011

My daughter was studying abroad in London for a few months and to end her trip I flew over from California to have a special girl trip with her on Santorini. We had seen the island in movies and always wanted to go there together. It did not disappoint! The Aigialos Hotel was absolutely more than we could have ever dreamed of. Here's why:
The e-mail confirmations were swift and personal. They were at the airport with sign in hand, whisking us off to paradise. Jean Pierre welcomed us with their special cinnamon martini-like drink and went over the delightful history of the hotel and offered us a free upgrade to the Tramountana suite.The Tramountana suite...OMG! Not one, two, or three , but four terraces overlooking the volcano and the caldera. The sunset was one of the best and the reddest I have ever seen.The room was exactly as you see on their website. The amenities are wonderful. Free wifi, delicious breakfast which is included. Jean Pierrre is amazing! Always there and his attention to detail is unsurpassed. They treated us like family and made great recommendations for restaurants and activities for us. We wanted to tootle around on a quad so they had one delivered to the hotel and away we went...all over the island. On our last night we ordered up a dinner on the terrace at sunset. It was delicious, magical and a trip I will never forget thanks to the amazing Aigialos Hotel and it's wonderful staff.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank llakelb
Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Jean Pierre greeted us upon arrival and told us all about the history of the hotel, served us Greek cinnamon juice and then upgraded us! What more can you say...quiet at night, easy walk to Fira and the bus station. They arranged a catamaran trip to the caldera where we swam in the warm sulfur springs and then had lunch on the boat, great day trip highly recommend it, leave by 10 am back by 3 -perfect way to see the coast of Santorini up close.
Small pool but sufficient for cooling off...well informed caring staff-we would go back. These are traditional "cave" rooms so if you are looking for modern sleek and contemporary, this is not for you. Vivianna (Santorini native) was especially helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple