“You wont be disappointed with food on Santorini, but if you want the most delightful Lamb on the planet!”

Stamna Garden Tavern
Ranked #158 of 190 Restaurants in Fira
Price range: US$2 - US$18
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Traditional Greek cuisine tavern
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Having just returned from Santorini, with it's Gatronomy 2013, we can only report good food. Not a bad meal in any of the restaurants, however when one stands out you just have to give it a mention. Stamna Garden Taverna is the one to go to if you like Lamb, my with had the stuffed Octopus which was also excellent, but I like at home Lambshank, then at Stamna their Guiovesta [excuse the spelling but I think that is close] is off the bone Lambshank in a tomato based sauce with pasta. Wow! Service is good too with time to eat yet plenty of attention. The taverna is not in the main town, you're not being charged silly prices either, so you will need to walk down from the watefront, only 5 mins but well worth it.

Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

A clean, friendly restaurant with a great selection of foods to suit every taste... Not unusual for Santorini perhaps, but with the added delight of brilliant service from lovely genuinely friendly staff. Recommended.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Also see my review on El Greco taverna which is just right beside this taverna

Tip 1: the food is pretty good but the owner was a little over-friendly.

Tip 2: my partner ordered a gyros and he said its nowhere as good as El Greco's gyros. I ordered a stuffed rice and feta squid and thought it tasted pretty good, however it was pretty pricey.

Tip 3: we saw the owner greeting other customers in japanese or it could be chinese. We thought it was pretty invasive when he did that. If you found it annoying, then i suggest you don't eat at the restaurant

Tip 4: we wouldnt reccommend anyone to go there and we certainly won't go bak again. There is really nothin good about this tavern. They do sell moussaka but not sure if they will be as good as El Greco

If you think my reviews have been helpful to you, please click 'Yes' for 'Was this review helpful?'

Reviewed 19 April 2013

We had a complimentary wine while waiting for our order, their calamari was good, I can't remember what my husband ordered but I'm pretty sure it was delicious, service was good, everybody were friendly makes you feel part of their family owned restaurant.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Went to have some Yiros (GYROS), left there so full complimentary wine, and fruit served after, very nice host and staff, great atmosphere. recommend for a casual lunch. extensive menu, meats cooked on charcoal pit.