“Worth It”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Traditional Greek cuisine tavern
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Dined for two nights and was satisfied with food and service. Food was good and worth the price. Clean, and pleasant atmosphere. Their Kalamari was awesome :) hats off to the chef. And thanks to Aris for the wonderful service.

There are newer reviews for Stamna Garden Tavern

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Hubby and I got a lamb gyros as we walked back to get the bus and I must say they were good and cheap. However the following day we decided to eat in based on our previous experience of it being good. That was a huge mistake. We ordered lamb gyros on a plate (it came with salad, dip and bread). It was the worst meal I have had. The lamb was chewy and most importantly all FAT. In fact there was little lamb full stop. We basically paid 10 Euro for a takeaway gyros that they sell for 2.50 Euro and at least that had little fat. Was very disappointed and will not go there again. We tried other gyros places and they were both good. Save your money and go else where. Pathetic given they remembered us. If they expect repeated customers then provide good meals.

1  Thank msrworldwide
Reviewed 25 September 2013

As we were coming down the path , we saw this restaurant staff , he tried to temp us with the menu and garden themed restaurant . Since a shopkeeper had praised us the restaurant next to this one - we were in double minds where to eat. So I checked out the second place which was upstairs while my husband and baby waited on the PAVEMENT . I liked the second one as it had very balcony table overlooking the road and sea...as soon as I went down and told my husband we will eat in the second place and not at stama the old guy called me s--t. I meanwhile was smiling up to him and was telling I would return the next day- as I did not want to hurt his feelings. That was when I realized he was calling me a .... I was shocked into silence . in my country ( India ) and in Switzerland where I work no one screams such obscenities at you if you refuse their services. Immediately as we were entering the second place - ANOTHER guy also came from inside the restaurant and both were shouting the F word with signs at us , more at me as I made the final decision ....
Needless to say , my dinner at the second place was ruined due to the foul mouth of some one else.
I strongly recommend that a hotel that keep a person as staff who insults this way ..NO PERSONS-should be shut off .it is as if those who walk on that road have no right to choose where to eat...the decision is thrust on them ....
I have lost some respect for the Greek men in general since this episode

2  Thank Litz F
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I would advise to avoid Stamna Garden Taverna due to the aggressive nature of the people who work there or maybe it was the owner, I don't know.

We didn't actually eat at Stamna Garden. We were walking past Stamna Garden Taverna and the man on the door tried to get us to go in to which I replied “no thank you”. He asked where we were from to which I replied from England and I said to him my son wanted pizza at which point another man from inside the taverna started shouting angrily "we do pizza, we do pizza, look" and then proceeded to tell me to "[--] off". The staff at Stamna Gardens were very hostile so I would advise to avoid them.

2  Thank Grecophile.13
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Casual dining in an unremarkable setting. Waiters are super attentive and eager to help in the early parts of your meal, more relaxed once you've been served - perfect for a laid back lunch or dinner after hiking the island. Excellent grilled dishes - lamb portion is highly recommended.