I wanted to experience Easter and landed at the beautiful site of Aressana Spa Hotel and Suites.
- In my arrangements the hotel arranged to transport me from the Santorini airport to the hotel. A great value to me since my arrival was late in the evening. I was transported to the main lobby where I met with smiling and friendly faces and a warm towel to freshen up my face. I a few minutes, the staff showed me to my room, along with a beautiful tray with local white wine and fruit. My bed was ready and warm and quick hot shower relaxed me to my dream land.
I started my days with a visit at the hotel dinning room for breakfasts each day early, the smells from all the goodies were intoxicating ...my favored fresh orange juice quenched my thirst and I enjoyed fresh made spinach cheese pie treats and tasty seasonal sweets "Tsureki" and the "red died eggs". There was great variety of meats, cheeses, sweet treats, you name it, but I left it alone for others to enjoy.
The dinners were also excellent. The Santorini fava dish and the white wine were my favored,
After a long day out harvesting pictures in returning to my room I was treated with local sweet wine "vinsanto" with mixed dry nuts tray and my bed was ready with a small plate of local sweet balls.
The bar staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly and engaged me with interesting insights about the island, as well as what local wines i may enjoy tasting.
Aressana's location is ideal for taking short walks leading to the center of town or reaching below to the small harbor for a visit to the volcano, hot springs, and other locations you can only access by boat. But on the way anywhere nearby you are surrounded with aesthetic beauty, the volcano is breathtaking and the vessels below standing or moving create opportunities for "Kodak" moments all day long.
A special treat was to visit the village of Pyrgos and see the thousands of lights on Good Friday night, as the villagers do something very special. They light up the entire village (every house, every roof top, every church, every path) and as you approach the village from below it is the most incredible sight you will ever see. But, then the view of Pyrgos from the Aressana Pool was also as spectacular yo enjoy.
My time at the SPA was very relaxing and invigorating and the staff very professional.
While at the main lobby, I was attracted to the jewelry displays and my spouse was very happy with my choice of the "meandros" design on the necklace I purchased.
I want to extend my sincere thanks to all the staff at Aressana Hotel and SPA for a perfect holiday weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aressana Spa Hotel and Suites is a selected member of the worldwide recognized association of Small Luxury Hotels of the World. Located in the heart of the cosmopolitan Fira on the island of Santorini offer guests all the charms of the Cyclades islands artfully married with modern facilities and dedicated personalized services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TravelUp, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Agoda, Bookgreece.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Aressana Spa Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aressana Hotel Fira
- Aressana Hotel Santorini
- Hotel Aressana
- Aressana Spa Hotel And Suites Santorini/Fira