“Do not hesitate in booking this hotel”

Aressana Spa Hotel and Suites
Ranked #12 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Like a number of other people who have wrote a review of this hotel I too got a good deal through Travelzoo. I did not know the hotel or where about it was in Santorini all I knew is that the Hotel looked great in the photographs and I wanted so much to go back to Santorini having visited there on a crusie last year. I was not disapointed - The Aressana Spa Hotel is fantastic in so many ways. In a great position yards from views over the caldera. Minutes walk to the bus station from where coaches not buses take you to parts of the island at a very cheap rate and minutes walk to the shops and the heart of Fira. The staff was so friendly and they made you feel as though you were a regular visitor to the hotel. The rooms were excellent and they even turned your bed down at night and left chocolates on the covers. The breakfast was something to look forward to each night and chocolate cake and rice pudding was on the buffet table along with so many other things to try and I recommend the musili. Great meals in the hotel on a night don't be put off if the restaurant is quiet on a night there is so much choice of eating places around that sometimes there are few people in the hotel or at least there wasn't when we stayed. The food is excellent and the chicken with Santorini tomatos is highly recommended. My only worry about giving this review is that when it comes to booking the hotel again and I will be going back is that it will probably be FULLY BOOKED!!!! Finally can I make a special mention - Anna and "James" who as employees of the hotel went out of their way to make us feel so welcome. As did all the staff.

Room Tip: Room 36 was so quiet and had a lovely balcony and a lovely view of the hills
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel has a great location and within seconds you are in the heart of the town and more importantly the view of the Caldera. All the staff were friendly and efficient and nothing was too much trouble. We did spend one night one of the rooms off the reception but as other correspondents have said, the noise does travel up the stairs. We spoke to the reception and we were moved without any fuss. The rooms were clean, but a little dated and could have been brighter. There is a fridge in the room which was handy for milk but there isn't any tea and coffee making facilities. They supplied bathrobes and slippers which was a nice touch. The public areas were modern, contempory and looked as if it had been refurbished. The breakfast was very good and it gave me a taste for granola with a large spoonful of natural yoghurt. The tea and coffee was waiter poured on request but I would have preferred a coffee pot on the table so I could help myself. We did wander down to the spa but I found the price a little expensive so we didn't bother. I suppose a lot depends how important a massage is to you. We tried to visit Oia by bus but it was chaotic at the bus station. Having just missed the bus we thought we would wait 30 minutes for the next. After 1 hour we gave up and hired a car the next day (which the hotel organised). We had food at the hotel on 3 occasions at lunchtime. It was very good but perhaps a little more expensive that in the town but I think worth it. We didn't eat at the hotel in the evening as we like to try other restaurants. Visit Salt and Pepper, we did 3 times but you may have to book in advance. I have mentioned a couple of minor issues would have no hesitation recommending this hotel and would choose this hotel if I visited Santorini again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 21 - 26 unless you are a heavy sleeper
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I loved this hotel. It's wondefull and the location is the best, close to volcano! The staff are very friendly and very preoccupied in our stay. Very very clean rooms with a perfum of lavanda around. They produce their own honey and the breakfast is very good . I won't never forget the greek yorgut there!!! I hope return to Santorini and certainly, I'll stay there again!!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We got a deal for this hotel through travelzoo amazing deal considering how much it normally is to stay here. Lovely small intimate hotel situated in the heart of Fira. The views over the Caldera are amazing loads of shops bars restaurants

All the hotel staff are very helpful and friendly. Rooms on the small side could have done with a bit more storage but really not that much of a problem. Turn down service every evening with chocolates left on bed a nice touch. Very clean and smart hotel, pool area lovely chairs comfortable. The barman make amazing cocktails ask for a Pimms was the best I have ever had. Bus stop a 3 minute walk away .

Me and my husband used the spa area jacuzzi, hot beds to lay on and a sauna very modern and clean, spa staff were lovely and very accommadating I had a facial my husband had a massage.

Yoi must try Mama House restaurant lovely well cooked food also, Salt & Pepper wonderful hospitality, Fanari sea view restaurant and Vocano Blue sea view all had lovely food.

For 1.6 euro you could travel to Kamari beach 20 mins away lovely area with boutique style hotels. Perissa beach was also a bus ride away Kamari was my favourite would def go back.

1  Thank 16hack
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Great hotel in a great location. Wonderful friendly staff.A great holiday for a special birthday.
Wouldn't go beginning of April again though as can be chilly and not everywhere open.Great bar in the hotel though and food. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014

A stylish, understated hotel with an amazing team of staff. I would like to thank everyone from Anna and the team on the front desk who welcomed us so well from day one, particularly Stephanos (aka Fluffy) and his team of waiting staff who treated us like royalty at mealtimes and bartender Michael (aka Prince/Diva) who wowed us with his amazing cocktail skills.
This is a special hotel with very special staff who go the extra mile to ensure every guest is treated as a VIP.
The pool area is very intimate and relaxing, my only gripe is the chill out music was unnecessary and a bit too loud. Bed very comfy, excellent level of cleanliness and comfort plus as we upgraded - hot tub amazing.
The location is great if you want to walk out to restaurants, bars and shops etc and would definitely recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Junior suites are not worth the upgrade cost as the view is of a brick wall. Ask for a standard room...
1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel in April 2014 and it was fabulous. The hotel is very centrally located and it was very easy to get out and about either into Fira or to a taxi or the public bus services. We had a gorgeous room at the back of the hotel which was quiet and peaceful overlooking gardens from our private terrace. The room was spacious, the curtains heavy duty to keep the sunshine out when you were sleeping and the bathroom was lovely. Each day we had a treat in the room after turn down service and we really looked forward to what it would be each time. The staff are, without fail, courteous and very hard working and nothing was too much trouble for us when we were there. From Vangellis on the front desk, to Stefanos the superb waiter and all the others that made our holiday so special. The breakfast was a delight with new and fresh dishes each day. The pool was truly lovely to be around and the service was second to none all day long for drinks and food.The bar in the evening was great and the polish cocktail waiter they have is an absolute diamond. Plus, he makes some of the best cocktails I've ever had! We wanted a table one evening to go out for dinner and before I could ask, the staff had made a recommendation and then booked it all up for us. The place they sent us to was really fabulous and it was all made so simple. I would love to return here and I would highly recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: Our room was 35 and it was a beauty
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family