“BRILLIANT!”

Aressana Spa Hotel and Suites
Ranked #11 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have been coming to Santorini every summer for over the last 20 years and have stayed at The Aressana Spa Hotel and Suites for most of my visits. It now feels like my home, after the staff's welcoming and genuine caring attitude. No request is refused and always completed with so much joy.
My current visit has shown that despite their excellent reputation, The Aressane team have not rested on their laurels. Instead, lifting their already high level of service to reach the well deserved accolade of Small Boutique Luxury Hotel...well deserved!
The Hotel offers the best food (breakfast is extraordinary) for the price on the entire island of Santorini with stunning interior decor and luxury bedding, bathroom toiletries.
A must is the wonderful spa located in the lower level...where i enjoyed the best ant-stress full body massage ever...so much power from such a petite female masseuse..she had been streaming in pain and joy..
I loved my visit this year that I extend it...I want to stay forever...the most beautiful island in the world in the brilliant Aressana Hotel..I can't wait to come back next year!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Flames1961

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We received top treatment from the hotel from start to finish. We were hooked up with a room and a balcony with the best views in the hotel. They started off by giving us a bottle of wine and fruits and were given treats every night while we were out. The food in the hotel was outstanding (breakfast especially) and the location is absolutely perfect. Housekeeping was as "on top of it" as they could be and would even freshen up our room while we were out for dinner. I have stayed in a lot of hotels because of my occupation and this one was by far the best. My husband and I are already planning our trip back. Thank you Aressana!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed 6 nights in early July. Beautifully appointed (I doubt there is a more elegant and spacious reception/bar in the whole island), lovely pool area, extremely convenient location, and, above all, professional staff who all actually know how to do their job well, and who are attentive without being intrusive. The executive balcony room had beautiful wood furnishings and gorgeous floor and bathroom tiles. Yes, the bathroom was very small and the room could do with additional lighting, but I suppose space is at a premium near the Caldera in Fira. Extra lighting, though, would be easy to add and helpful. There are so many lovely touches in Aressana, from the use of pebbles as notices, to the sculptures in reception, and the turn-down service. I was surprised by how good the pool food is and I could write a paragraph solely dedicated to the hotel'a coffee (suffice it to say we never drank coffee anywhere else). The breakfast experience is also wonderful ie the room and the service as well as the food. We know others who stayed in so-called boutique hotels that, besides the view, had little else to offer. Quite honestly, you can stay all day in Aressana and have a lovely day. Just pop out in the evening to see the sunset and get a bite to eat and a draught beer. OK, it's not cheap but I don't think you'd expect it to be, after what I've just written!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed here for three nights as part of a group tour. Located just steps from all manner of shopping and restaurants in Fira. This hotel has small rooms and even smaller bathrooms. Very difficult to shave or apply make-up over the miniscule sink in the rather dimly lit bathroom. Nice breakfast buffet with many offerings. Lovely covered terrace on the lobby level overlooking the pool. Small but nice pool with lounges and curtained beds for relaxing. Helpful and friendly hotel staff. Concierge made recommendations for dinner at outside restaurants that were very helpful.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

i recently stayed with my family in a suite at the Aressana Spa Hotel. The hotel is perfectly located--steps away from all the fun in Fira. It is sparkling clean and the staff are among the nicest we have ever encountered. I cannot say enough nice things about this place. Unfortunately, I developed a serious eye infection while in Fira. This hotel found me a specialist, made appointments, provided transportation and a translator in the doc's office multiple times--all free of charge. What makes this hotel special is that it is a five star hotel while still having a casual, comfortable feel. Excellent! A special thank you to Anna, Maria and Stephanos! You made a vacation that could've been a disaster into a wonderful trip! Thank you.

Room Tip: i think they are all good--only 48 rooms in all.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Aressana Spa Hotel for a couple of days as part of a package tour to Greece. As shown in the brochures/online, the pool has lovely divans with curtains and cushions for lounging and napping. We ate a nice poolside lunch of eggplant and zucchini tempura. The breakfast room was large and cheery with an excellent buffet featuring a wide variety of local foods. The staff was attentive and the grounds were neatly kept. The hotel is just steps away from the main shopping area in Santorini, overlooking the famed caldera. Downside: Our room was decorated in dark brown and very dark and depressing. The bathroom sink was teeny, with lots of ants, and not much counter space. The hairdryer was awkward and not very powerful.

1  Thank BeachLover57201
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Everything about this hotel was excellent. Fro$m the check in to the room, restaurant. And over-all ambiance was outstanding. Love the scent this hotel had in their lobby. I would and have recommended this hotel to everyone. Traveling to Santorini.

• Stayed: September 2013