“Nice View!”

Ranked #34 of 79 Hotels in Fira
Fremont, California
“Nice View!”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

It seems everyone in Fira town knows this hotel, it is very easy to find this hotel, or simply asked people, they would nicely pointed you to the right direction, if you take the bus to fira.

You can have the sunset view right at the public terrace, outside of your room, also it's where to have breakfast too.

We have a cave room, oh and getting down to our room...it's a bit of exercise, but hotel staff will help you with the luggage, sorry I forget his name, he also serves our breakfast, poor guy have to lift our heavy luggage up and down!!! Does he do all the things by himself? carrying the luggage also serving breakfast!! ( I feel sorry for him tho, so tip him well!)

Okay, about the room, we need to climb a narrow ladder to get up to the bed, I guess it would be not easy for old people or overweight.

But we found it interesting, got to experience the traditional greek style.

the only thing i dont like is the bathroom, too small !!!!!

When taking the shower, I barely can move.

Well, its all about the view here.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank yauany

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mermaid Beach, Australia
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Arrived late (10:30pm) and staff were very accommodating. Based on reviews we expected alot from the rooms but were disappointed upon arrival. Room 14 has amazing views but very basic and a disapointing layout ( had to climb over my husband to use the bathroom at night). Balcony has a great view but is extremely cramped (approx 70cm in depth). Bathrooms need a massive rethink, my husband knocked himself out with the window being open while getting up off the toilet (we are only in our 20's and not at all tall) and the shower curtain needs to be a screen. Breakfast was amazing! Would recommend but not to the grand expectation.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stu Anna C
Reviewed 24 May 2012 via mobile

Great hotel! Right on the lip of the caldera, amazing views, great staff, comfy rooms, great breakfast! I stayed for two nights with my mom and aunt (both over 70), and the steps were tall, but they managed just fine! James and Anna had great suggestions for restaurants, car rentals, sightseeing plans, etc. I will go back!

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tml_1970
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I felt immediately at home at the Kavalari. The woman who greeted me was warm and inviting, and happily accommodated my early arrival (via sea transport from Crete). The room was three levels down, accessed by outdoor steps adorned with flowers and greenery. I was thankful that I'd decided on a large backpack rather than a suitcase, although there was a gentleman there to show me to my room. My level had a few other rooms that all share a common open-air patio with umbrella-shaded tables overlooking the caldera. While I knew there were other guests, I never found myself needing to share the area. Overall, it was extremely peaceful and the view was spectacular. Every morning, I'd make my way up to the second-level terrace for breakfast: various pastries and a healthy serving of delicious Greek yogurt and fresh fruit. Beverages consisted of fresh-squeezed orange juice, plus tea or coffee. And when I found out last-minute that my sea jet reservation back to Crete had been cancelled, the front desk manager was really helpful in helping me solve the mystery with the travel agency.

I could not have picked a better home base in Santorini. Superb location, sublime views, friendly staff, comfortable room, and a short walk to the bus station. Brilliant!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ALG_RC
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We spent 5 nights in this delightful hotel.It is just up from the bus station and in the prime village centre.It is minutes from the best restaurants and boutique shops.The aspect and view from the hotel is staggering,the breakfast is delicious and the staff amazing .James and Yanna could not be more helpful,our luggage was lost and Yanna made phone calls for us to retrieve our bags.What a great place ,highly recommended.

Room Tip: Room 15 was great!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff, superb location with wonderful views over the Caldera - and of the sunsets - not to mention the comings and goings of cruise liners. The breakfast is out of this world, of which the local sparrows are very aware. Very convenient for good restaurants and shopping, the cable car, bus station and taxis. Some rooms are caves, hewn out of the volcanic rock.

Room Tip: It would be difficult not to get a good room, as they all have terraces and views over the Caldera.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We loved staying at this hotel for our 3 nights in Santorini! It's quite easy to find from the bus station - head right uphill and then follow this road, through an intersection and as it curves round to the right, and then when you hit the main strip and can see the water, turn right and it is on your left after a short walk. We were lucky to have a private balcony and the small pool was a great way to cool down in the heat. We watched 2 sunsets from the patio seats, sipping the complimentary bottle of wine. Breakfast was quite different as it was served by table, but this felt like a really nice touch (though the hotel was quiet so perhaps not so great when busy). You do get tired of the stairs, so this is definitely worth considering in terms of the room.

Room Tip: There are a lot of stairs - a higher up room is probably better.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple