“Highly Recommended: Wine Tour & Cooking Class”

Santorini Wine Adventure
Book In Advance
US$121.71*
Small-Group Santorini Wine Tasting and Vineyard Tour
US$60.86*
Private Custom Tour: Santorini in a Day
US$91.28*
and up
Private Tour: Santorini Sightseeing with Photo Stops on the Fira to Oia Hiking...
Ranked #1 of 10 Food & Drink in Fira
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover the most distinct wineries and traditional cellars of Santorini through a unique wine-tasting journey! Small-group Wine Tours, Food & Wine tastings, Greek cooking classes & Private tours are some of the trips offered daily to experience the wine, food & culture of Santorini and Greece.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My wife and I (on our honey moon) decided to get a semi private wine tour and cooking class based off the positive feedback on trip advisor and it lived up to the reviews. Michael, a sommelier and chef, led us on the wine tour. His impressive background and passion about wine showed as he taught us more about wine than we have ever learned before and we have been on several wine tours in different wine regions around the world. He was extremely friendly, informative, and entertaining. We saw some other tours with large groups that did not get the attention and information we did from Michael which only made us appreciate the tour more.

Afterwards two wineries we went to the cooking class at a restaurant located right on the black sands beach of Kamari Beach (awesome view). The chef was friendly and awesome and we cooked awesome food including salad, tomato fritters, grilled calamari, and pork. The meal was one of the best we had. It was a great all around experience and we met two other great couples on the tour.

Santorini Wine Adventure Tours even gave us a free bottle of wine because another couple overslept and delayed the start of our wine tour. Great company, very informative, great food, and a great experience. Highly Recommended

There are newer reviews for Santorini Wine Adventure

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I, along with our family, went on the half-day Santorini Wine Adventures Tour in June 2014. Dimitris was a great tour guide. We could not have had a more perfect day--especially since we love wine. We learned a lot about the unique wine making culture of Santorini, which made the tastings even more interesting. I really liked that Dimitris explain us characteristics of the greek wine and the making process of it. Overall, it was a really great day that gave us some great insights into Greek wine and Santorini.
I really appreciated that Dimitris didn't rush our group so that we enjoy the wine and surroundings at each stop. It was an excellent experience on Santorini - I recommend it!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The sunset tour with Michalis was one of the highlights of our 3 days in Santorini. He knows his wines. We visited 3 wineries and learned all about the wine making process in Santorini. One of the best things about the tour was the explanation of the wines by Michalis and how they paired with different foods. This was followed up with samples of meats, cheeses, olives and tomatoes and how the wine's characteristics changed with food. Our small group ended up at Santo Winery overlooking the caldera. While the haze prevented us from seeing the sunset clearly, it didn't matter as our final tasting was of a sweet wine that was paired with a wonderful chocolate soufflé with cream. Don't miss this tour!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My wife and I went on the tour in May while on our honeymoon. It was a great tour and I'd recommend it highly; it was certainly a memorable experience. Went to 3 different wineries and a brewery. Got to taste lots of wine and beer. I really liked how we went to wineries in 3 different areas of the island so that we could see the island as we drove around. I think it lasted between 4-5 hours; probably a little longer than usual since we were there before peak travel season when he only does 1 tour per day. And Dimitris was a great guide! He had stories to tell throughout the car rides and was able to teach this wine novice a thing or two. Overall, it was a great tour.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife and I went on the tour during our visit to Santorini in May. Dimitris was a great tour guide: courteous, funny and knowledgeable. Throughout the tour, we learned a lot about the unique wine making culture of Santorini, which made the tastings even more fun. As a beginning wine taster, I really liked that Dimitris helped to cue us into characteristics of the wine while also encouraging us to provide our own interpretation of the product. Overall, it was a really great day that took us around Santorini and gave us some great insights into Greek wine. We really enjoyed ourselves and had a great time with the other people in our group. Would highly recommend to anybody, especially couples looking for an affordable and exciting activity on the island!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction