“Super Place”
Review of Celestia Grand

Celestia Grand
Ranked #1 of 81 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Fantastic place. Highly recommended. It has one of the best views in Santorini. The staff is very cooperative. Niko,the manager is wonderful. He makes you feel at home. His presentation about Santorini on arrival is a unique feature which I hope every manager in hospitality should follow.
He made sure we got our early morning flight by being at the villa at 4.45am!!
He also had a small bite ready for us at that time and dropped us to the airport personally after our so called agency dumped us.
Will go back definitely for a great place and a wonderful human being called Niko..!!!

Stayed: April 2014
volcano_view_hotel, Manager at Celestia Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review. When I got back from the airport I saw that your agency had not "dumped you" but were waiting for you at the Villas...ok, they were a tad late (but late is better than never!) It was great to hear your stories and meeting your sweet family. Say hello to my "little German!" I wish you all the best and one day I will visit you soon when I have to switch from bifocals to trifocals! I miss your smiley faces already.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed at the Celestia Grand Villa - Aphrodite in March 2014. We were shown excellent customer service from the minute we arrived. The concierge team go above and beyond to ensure you have a wonderful time at the villa and on the island. The villa was spacious and definitely large enough for 4-5 people.

Nico, (concierge at the time) sat us down and provided a summary of the history of the island and the attractions to be seen. The villas are a short distance from the main town of Fira and Nico dropped us off to town multiple times.

Definitely recommended or a quality stay in Santorini

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We just got back from 3 nights at the Celestia Grand Villas in Santorini. Everything was so fabulous: the amazing ocean view, the beautifully decorated spacious villa, but the best of it was the service. The villas are located about 5-10 mins drive from the port where the ferry arrives, it is only a 5 min drive to Fira if you want to get some dinner and walk around. It is still highly recommend to have your own car for a couple of days to drive around the island to see more of it.

We were first picked up at the port by Kostas (I hope I spelt his name right) - the supervisor of the villas - what an unexpected surprise! I didn't book any transportation to the villa, and thought I would figure it out once the ferry reaches Santorini, but started to panic when I didn't see any taxis or information offices readily available. Kostas showed up and said it was a surprise for us - imaging the trouble he had to go through as he was not notified that we would be arriving by ferry! We were then driven to this amazing property which had a non-obstructed view of the ocean and the caldera. What a pleasant surprise! The villa had a huge deck with a large pool and a jacuzzi which we were even able to enjoy in Jan (Kostas asked the maid to clean it and turned it on for us so we could sit in the Jacuzzi even when it is mildly cold outside.
Breakfast prepared by Kostas was tasty and abundant! We had so much to eat and it normally make us last till dinner time. i miss the chocolate crepes that we had as breakfast dessert every morning.
I also asked for Kostas' help with getting us an automatic car to get around the island, even though he was given very short notice and there just isn't enough automatic cars on the market, he still managed to get us one the next morning, and even helped with price negotiations. It is really nice to have someone who knows the island recommend trustworthy rental companies to rent from after so many bad reviews I have read about car rental on the island.
On the day of our departure, I had realized later on that I left my driver's license document in the rental car which was picked up by the rental company in the morning already. Kostas went and retrieved the document for me, I was so moved! He also arranged to have us stay in the villa for an additional half day at no additional cost as our departing ferry leaves at 19:00. The perfect trip ended with him driving us to the port.

Thank you so much for giving us such a memorable vacation, even though it is winter time and extremely quiet on the island, we were still very happy that we came and spent 4 amazing days with you. Thank you Kostas for everything you have done for us!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Manzhi
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I took my mother to Santorini for her "big" birthday after deciding that this was a place she had always wanted to visit. After reading many reviews on here for accommodation I decided to go with this 5 star hotel and chose one of the Villa's. We arrived to a modest looking hotel front on the main street, some 10 minutes from the airport after being picked up by one of the hotel drivers; when we entered the hotel we had definitely chosen the right place, the views were spectacular. We were seen to immediately and our luggage was taken to our Villa. We were greeted by Nico, the Villa Manager; he was extremely welcoming and very attentive. Within 30 minutes he had us some fruit and rose wine on our terrace and he was debriefing us on our weeks stay and by did he recommend some places. Villa Artemis was amazing, enough space for 6 but there was 4 of us so it was super great, very clean, serviced daily and breakfast was served everyday by the pool (private one). Special mention to Maxos pronounced Mahos, what a great private waiter he was, with special honey served from his farm; he delivered breakfast every morning, very polite and respectful of your privacy, what a great employee he is . THANK YOU THANK YOU we had an amazing time we were sad to leave. Basically this place looks after you from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave. Listen to Nico, he knows his stuff. Take all his recommendations on where to eat and what to see. We hired a boat just for the four of us and sailed around the Island, another recommendation from Nico and by that was a fantastic afternoon on the water. We cannot fault this place....the food was great, the breakfast was outstanding and the local wine was even better. I would definitely stay here again with no hesitation. I suppose you pay for what you get; these Villas are not cheap but if you want to stay in Santorini Kardashian style then stay here! THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN TO NICO AND HIS TEAM, OUTSTANDING

Room Tip: Villas are amazing; if you choose a hotel room ask for one in the cliff face, these lokk great too.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sandham01
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Quite frankly I was skeptical because of all the rave reviews. This Niko guy must be on the make, the rooms and private pool are probably small and most people are not discerning. I was wrong on every single count. We stayed nights in Villa Ianthi and got upgraded two nights to Vila Artemis--WOW!! The pools are clean, the rooms are spacious, the bathrooms are up to date, the service is non stop, the breakfast is a lavish feast. Niko is a lovely man, raised and university educated in Canada--he works hard, he is authentic, he is creative and he is always looking to serve our slightest needs. Obviously there is a difference between the villas, but even Ianthi (which is the least expensive of the villas) was great (the master bath is up to date but the deep tub made it hard t o get in and out). Artemis rooms are HUGE and one bathroom showers is large and overlooks the caldera. The hot tub in Artemis was wam-not hot but who cares? There is also a large jacuzzi in the master bath. WE loved our sunset sailing cruise (again my expectations were surpassed). The big power outage on the Island happened 1/2 hour after we arrived and was in effect on most of our 5 day stay--because of Niko's diligent care (and the hotel generator) we did not feel any issues. The VIP Villas are not to be missed.

Room Tip: Ianthi (which is the least expensive of the villas) was great (the master bath is up to date but the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sssbbb
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We returned to Santorini this July, 19 years after spending our honeymoon there, now with our two daughters. The beauty of the island, of course, speaks for itself - it is as stunning as we remember it to be. After spending some time searching for the perfect place to stay for our family holiday, we came across VVV, and immediately recognised it to be a truly special place. From the first call while booking from Niko, to our arrival and first impressions, it definitely did not disappoint! We stayed in Villa Artemis, which had newly been renovated to become a two bed/two bath villa - it was absolutely stunning! The views from everywhere (especially the private pool, hot tub and very large terrace!) were incredible. It was a private oasis on a very vibrant island. I think what sets it apart, though, is the incredible commitment that Niko, the manager, has to ensure that his guests get the ultimate enjoyment from their holiday. His desire to genuinely ensure that we were able to find whatever we were hoping to get out of the island was incredible. From sailing, to dining, drivers to private car hire, touring etc he had it organised before we needed to give it a second thought. He is a truly special person who will ensure you have everything you need. Favourites were - Santorini Sailings - private sunset cruise, Metaxi Mas (best restaurant on the island! - we went twice), Ambrosia in Oia - fab food!, Archipelagos in Fira - gorgeous for sunsets, and Sea Side by Notos in Perivolos Beach (definitely plan to spend some beach time here!) Made to order breakfasts served on our private terrace by the very friendly Kimo was a perfect start to each day in this magical place. Santorini is busy in the summer months - but definitely not unbearably so - Fira has a fun vibe with all the people wandering its lovely narrow streets - and then returning back for a refreshing dip in our pool was a wonderful way to wind down before watching the sunset.....
This is a place I would definitely recommend! We have so many pictures from this beautiful island that will remind us of how beautiful it is - there is a photo op around every corner! I hope to go back again, someday very soon! Thank you for everything Niko - perfect in every way!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ThePlacesYouWillGo
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I've stayed in lots of true 5-star hotels (Burj Al Arab, Amanusa, Four Seasons Maldives (Landaa Giraavaru)) and this has to be one of the top overall experiences I think I've ever had. We stayed in July 2013, and here are some factual observations:

1. We booked Villa Erotas, but were upgraded to Villa Ianthi. The layout of Ianthi is much, much better, and I would pay for it when we return. The villa was two floors, spotless, and was air conditioned. The bathrooms could probably use a little updating, but this is fairly minor. The bed was a king sized bed, and not two twins pushed together. The view from the in-villa pool was STUNNING!! It's the type of thing you see in American Express Fine Hotel ads.

2. There is one guy (Nico, I think) that is the butler/concierge/whatever-you-need-guy for the six villas. Nico was EXCELLENT! We have stayed in many other rooms/hotels with butler service, and we usually get annoyed by it, and don't believe anything they tell us. ALL of Nico's recommendations were great. And he suggested some things that we would have NEVER found otherwise (even looking through TripAdvisor). He truly, truly seems like he cares that you have a good time. He was a large part of why we enjoyed our stay so much (and again, this is unusual for me to say since I generally hate hotel concierges).

3. The Villas are actually part of the adjoining hotel, but they really are treated separately. You check in/out in the main lobby, but after that, you interact with Nico, and not the hotel (e.g., if you need laundry done, you talk to Nico, not the lobby). Hotel guests are not allowed down to the villas, but villa guests can use the facilities at the hotel.

4. The villas are a 5 minute drive from Fira. They have a shuttle that runs at regular times, and was reliable when we wanted to use it. Nico set up a rental car for us one day (and made the guy come to our villa to do the paperwork).

5. The villa includes a free transfer to/from the airport or port. Free breakfast is also included with the villas, and it is served to you in your villa whenever you want.

6. The internet is free in the villas, and it worked very well (unlike most other places in Greece).

7. My only nit is that they were super stingy with towels!! We never felt like we had enough towels, whether they were pool or shower towels. We could have called Nico for more (and he would have probably brought us 50 of them), but it was just a bit surprising.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tacostuff
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fira
Aenaon Villas
Anteliz Suites
#3 of 81 in Fira
Enigma Apartments & Suites
Lilium Villas Santorini
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel

Been to Celestia Grand? Share your experiences!