“The perfect place for an unforgettable honeymoon.”
Review of Celestia Grand

Celestia Grand
Ranked #1 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We can't say enough to do this piece of heaven justice. For ultimate romance, Celestia Grand has the most breathtaking views in Santorini and is conveniently located away from the crowds and commercialism of other parts of the island. Thanks to Niko, the concierge at Celestia Grand Villas, despite some windy days, our stay was perfect in every way. We were graciously upgraded to the Villa Sapphire(where the Kardashians stayed) which has a private pool and both indoor and outdoor hot tubs. Niko paid attention to every detail, picking us up at the airport, orienting us to the island, making recommendations of what not to miss, and even booking us an amazing cruise. Nothing was left to chance, down to the details of our delicious daily pool side breakfast. Niko is a prime example of the people of Santorini, gracious and warm. We highly recommend this gem of a place and dream of returning!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Dabdelreheim
There are newer reviews for Celestia Grand

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We chose to stay at the Celestia Grand Villas as we were two women traveling together and decided to splurge on a two bedroom villa here. We were met by Nikos at the airport and from the moment we arrived he treated us like family. We stayed in the Artemis Villa which is a 2 story, 2 bedroom, 2 bath, private pool, jacuzzi with spectacular views. I mean really are you kidding me with this place, it's just amazing. Nikos gave us a full orientation on the island, arranged a rent a car for us to drive to the lighthouse and up to Oia and cooked us an amazing breakfast each morning. We absolutely loved Santorini and the Celestia Grand Villas and I highly recommend it to anyone. Nikos made our stay spectacular with his knowledge, stories and absolute professionalism. We can't thank HIM enough for our stay.

If you are traveling in winter as we were, we recommend this part of Santorini as Fira has restaurants and shops open where in Oia absolutely everything was closed. We stopped at the local grocery story Lidl and picked up Mythos and snacks for enjoying while sitting out on our balcony. We even used Nikos recommendation and order pizza delivery one night.

Nikos we can't thank you enough for your hospitality. You are a super cool guy. We know we will see you again soon and if you're ever in Vegas who know who to call ;)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
volcano_view_hotel, Front Office Manager at Celestia Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Greetings from Santorini and thank you for the kind review. It was my true pleasure hosting you and your friend. Your gleeful faces and warm hearts makes my job here very easy and enjoyable. Thank you for sharing important information regarding winter travel to Santorini. More and more guests are making their way to Santorini in the off-season and your tips are invaluable to those planning to see the "other side" of Santorini. I hope you get the chance to see Santorini during the summer some time too! Best wishes and congratulations for your upcoming wedding, I wish I could be at the ceremony. Thanks Again.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed at the Volcano View Villas (Celestial Grand) and were simply amazed. The view, the accommodations, and the service were unsurpassed. Niko was excellent and took great care of everything we needed. This was, by far, one of our favorite vacations and made so by Niko and the Volcano View hotel. If you are looking for a place in Santorini, look no further. Simply amazing!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tlhoooper
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Fantastic place. Highly recommended. It has one of the best views in Santorini. The staff is very cooperative. Niko,the manager is wonderful. He makes you feel at home. His presentation about Santorini on arrival is a unique feature which I hope every manager in hospitality should follow.
He made sure we got our early morning flight by being at the villa at 4.45am!!
He also had a small bite ready for us at that time and dropped us to the airport personally after our so called agency dumped us.
Will go back definitely for a great place and a wonderful human being called Niko..!!!

Stayed: April 2014
volcano_view_hotel, Manager at Celestia Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review. When I got back from the airport I saw that your agency had not "dumped you" but were waiting for you at the Villas...ok, they were a tad late (but late is better than never!) It was great to hear your stories and meeting your sweet family. Say hello to my "little German!" I wish you all the best and one day I will visit you soon when I have to switch from bifocals to trifocals! I miss your smiley faces already.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed at the Celestia Grand Villa - Aphrodite in March 2014. We were shown excellent customer service from the minute we arrived. The concierge team go above and beyond to ensure you have a wonderful time at the villa and on the island. The villa was spacious and definitely large enough for 4-5 people.

Nico, (concierge at the time) sat us down and provided a summary of the history of the island and the attractions to be seen. The villas are a short distance from the main town of Fira and Nico dropped us off to town multiple times.

Definitely recommended or a quality stay in Santorini

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We just got back from 3 nights at the Celestia Grand Villas in Santorini. Everything was so fabulous: the amazing ocean view, the beautifully decorated spacious villa, but the best of it was the service. The villas are located about 5-10 mins drive from the port where the ferry arrives, it is only a 5 min drive to Fira if you want to get some dinner and walk around. It is still highly recommend to have your own car for a couple of days to drive around the island to see more of it.

We were first picked up at the port by Kostas (I hope I spelt his name right) - the supervisor of the villas - what an unexpected surprise! I didn't book any transportation to the villa, and thought I would figure it out once the ferry reaches Santorini, but started to panic when I didn't see any taxis or information offices readily available. Kostas showed up and said it was a surprise for us - imaging the trouble he had to go through as he was not notified that we would be arriving by ferry! We were then driven to this amazing property which had a non-obstructed view of the ocean and the caldera. What a pleasant surprise! The villa had a huge deck with a large pool and a jacuzzi which we were even able to enjoy in Jan (Kostas asked the maid to clean it and turned it on for us so we could sit in the Jacuzzi even when it is mildly cold outside.
Breakfast prepared by Kostas was tasty and abundant! We had so much to eat and it normally make us last till dinner time. i miss the chocolate crepes that we had as breakfast dessert every morning.
I also asked for Kostas' help with getting us an automatic car to get around the island, even though he was given very short notice and there just isn't enough automatic cars on the market, he still managed to get us one the next morning, and even helped with price negotiations. It is really nice to have someone who knows the island recommend trustworthy rental companies to rent from after so many bad reviews I have read about car rental on the island.
On the day of our departure, I had realized later on that I left my driver's license document in the rental car which was picked up by the rental company in the morning already. Kostas went and retrieved the document for me, I was so moved! He also arranged to have us stay in the villa for an additional half day at no additional cost as our departing ferry leaves at 19:00. The perfect trip ended with him driving us to the port.

Thank you so much for giving us such a memorable vacation, even though it is winter time and extremely quiet on the island, we were still very happy that we came and spent 4 amazing days with you. Thank you Kostas for everything you have done for us!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Manzhi
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I took my mother to Santorini for her "big" birthday after deciding that this was a place she had always wanted to visit. After reading many reviews on here for accommodation I decided to go with this 5 star hotel and chose one of the Villa's. We arrived to a modest looking hotel front on the main street, some 10 minutes from the airport after being picked up by one of the hotel drivers; when we entered the hotel we had definitely chosen the right place, the views were spectacular. We were seen to immediately and our luggage was taken to our Villa. We were greeted by Nico, the Villa Manager; he was extremely welcoming and very attentive. Within 30 minutes he had us some fruit and rose wine on our terrace and he was debriefing us on our weeks stay and by did he recommend some places. Villa Artemis was amazing, enough space for 6 but there was 4 of us so it was super great, very clean, serviced daily and breakfast was served everyday by the pool (private one). Special mention to Maxos pronounced Mahos, what a great private waiter he was, with special honey served from his farm; he delivered breakfast every morning, very polite and respectful of your privacy, what a great employee he is . THANK YOU THANK YOU we had an amazing time we were sad to leave. Basically this place looks after you from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave. Listen to Nico, he knows his stuff. Take all his recommendations on where to eat and what to see. We hired a boat just for the four of us and sailed around the Island, another recommendation from Nico and by that was a fantastic afternoon on the water. We cannot fault this place....the food was great, the breakfast was outstanding and the local wine was even better. I would definitely stay here again with no hesitation. I suppose you pay for what you get; these Villas are not cheap but if you want to stay in Santorini Kardashian style then stay here! THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN TO NICO AND HIS TEAM, OUTSTANDING

Room Tip: Villas are amazing; if you choose a hotel room ask for one in the cliff face, these lokk great too.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sandham01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fira
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
Anteliz Suites Santorini
Aenaon Villas
Aenaon Villas
#2 of 51 in Imerovigli
Atrina Canava 1894
Volcano View Hotel Santorini

Been to Celestia Grand? Share your experiences!