“Wonderful Villa” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Illinois
“Wonderful Villa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2009

Two couples stayed in Villa Aphrodite for 5 nights and loved it! The view, the villa and the service - all excellent. Niko, the manager, was better than all of the wonderful reviews stated. As stated in several reviews, know that there is a difference between the villas and the adjacent hotel. The hotel is beautiful on the outside but we heard not so nice in the rooms. The villas are another story! Both bedrooms have a bathroom, the private pool is large and pristine. The kitchen lacks a microwave and certain items - e.g., a sharp knife - that would be nice to have. We rented a car for the last two days from Enver and were very satisfied with the price and service. There is a grossly overpriced mini-market across the street and a supermarket a five-minute walk away. We walked to Fira town, about a 20 minute easy walk - very scenic.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank billingw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Greek first
Northern Westchester, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2009

I apologize for the length of this review. In August, my husband, three children and I travelled through Greece and stayed at the Villas. Please do not confuse the villas with the hotel. While they are on adjoining property and share some amenities, from what I understand they are two different entities and treated as such. I am a bit of a hotel snob and I have to say that the villas exceeded all of my expectations and beyond. More than likely, if you are reading this you already know the details about Santorini and just how beautiful it is so that will not be addressed. What I will address is the villas and just how extraordinary they truly are. We were in the Aphrodite villa. We had two full bedrooms, two full bathrooms, pull out bed in a living room adjoining the kitchen and a private pool. The villa was extremely clean and well appointed. The beds were very comfortable for all of us. An abundance of towels, shampoos, lotions, coffees and teas were provided. The sea and volcano views from the three patios were beyond spectacular. Thinking about it now still takes my breath away. Both my husband and I unfortunately had to stay connected for business reasons throughout our travels. The villa contained wireless internet for our laptops and a pc in the villa was provided as well. I understand this is the case in all villas. The villas come with a delicious made to order breakfast that is quickly delivered to your private patio. We did eat lunch one day at the restaurant in the adjoining hotel and found the food and service to be perfectly adequate.

I am sure there are other beautiful hotels and villas available on Santorini, however, I feel that these villas are beyond extraordinary because of Niko the general manager. As stated earlier, I am a hotel snob and have stayed at some of the finest hotels and resorts throughout my travels, yet I have never received such exceptional service as I did from Niko and his staff. I have never encountered such attentitive treatment from a hotel/villa staff member. He runs these villas so smoothly and meticulously. Niko takes care of your every need and then some. He was always available for us. Personally, I don’t know when the guy sleeps. I saw him working extremely late into the evening and again very early in the morning. All of his recommendations were perfect. I only wish I could have packed him in my suitcase and brought him home with me to New York to run my business in the same manner he runs these villas, flawlessly. He is a true gem.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank LFfromNY
Palo Alto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2009

The Volcano View hotel and suites is different from the 5 villas they have as an extension. We got to stay in two of them since we were upgraded after the first night. We chose the villas because we got a great deal when I called -- so don't just accept the internet price, call and see if you can do better. And then ask for the European option which is 20% off if you dont want all meals covered (which you shouldn't anyway - get out and eat all over town). Rent a car, but be comfortable with stick shift since that was all that was available. The manager Niko is incredible - very service focused, and pretty much does everything. You dont call the operator or room service, you only call Niko and he is available pretty much when you need him and will solve your issue immediately. One of our kids has allergies, and Niko went out of his way to make sure she got appropriate food through our whole stay. The views are classic Santorini - lovely caldera views and terrific sunsets, though if you looked straight down you can see the markers from the 2007 ship sinking. The suites are clean and the private pool and hot tub make it worth the high price Just a terrific and memorable experience for our family

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank RaviAiyer
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2009

My wife and I have stayed in a lot of nice places, but nothing like this. I read the reviews, so I thought I had a pretty good idea what to expect. (Also, one has to be a little skeptical -- just so you don't blow your expectations all out of whack.)

It turns out I was wrong. The villas are wonderful, the view is amazing, and the staff is borderline fanatical in their attentiveness. After a few days of oohing and ahhing, we made a quasi-serious effort to nit-pick, or find faults. We came up dry.

Hats off to Niko and his staff!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Piscivous
Austin, TX USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2009

This review is for the Villas and not the VIP Volcano Hotel.
We just returned from a great vacation to Greece. We stayed in Santorini for only two nights but they were two GREAT nights! The Villas were fabulous. View was unbelievable - right on the edge of the cliffs. The Villas themselves had plenty of room, was nicely decorated with all amenities, and the private pool and pool deck were fantastic. Niko, the manager, was a great host - completely hospitable and helpful. Anything we needed, he was always more than happy to help with at anytime of day or night. We had made-to-order breakfast on our private pool deck each day which was tasty and a great way to get each day started. I would highly recommend the Volcano Villas to anyone. We have pretty finicky tastes and we really enjoyed our stay. Thanks Niko! One suggestion - they should change the name so as not to be confused with the Hotel. We read several reviews before we arrived which gave us some angst but they were all for the hotel and didn't apply to the Villas. Also, I would highly recommend the semi-private (holds 8 people) boat cruise through the caldera. It was a great experience.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CaptainTD
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2009

We travelled to Greece last November, off season and quiet, but staying at this location was the right choice. We prefered things quieter and avoided crowds. First off, you could not ask for a better manager than Niko. He picked us up from the airport, showed us the best early morning pastry shop [bought us pastries!!] and gave us a tour of the best sites to see in the area. Throughout our trip, he never hesitated to make any arrangements for us. We actually rented a car through him as well, which I highly recommend. This location is just outside of Fira which suited us fine. With a vehicle, any point on the island is easily reached and all the ammenities are nearby. The villas were gorgeous!!! One could easily just lounge around the pool, the hot tubs and soak up the sun instead of touring the island. Because we were travelling off season, we did have to eat out, but there is a nearby grocery store and the restaurants in the neighboring towns offered exceptional service - ask Niko for the best places to eat. All and all, I recommend this location for those seeking a more upscale and memorable experience.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelJunkie42
Little Rock, AR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2009

I can't begin to explain the overwhelming beauty and outstanding service that you will find at the VVV. Upon arrival, Niko was waiting for us at the airport even though our flight was delayed 3 hours, (we blew an engine on takeoff). He took care of our rental car, private boat excursion, (lovely!), dinner reservations,etc. We stayed in a one bedroom, IMPECCABLE, 2 story villa with a private pool, steam shower (with disco lights!) and 2-story terrace overlooking the breath-taking caldera. Breakfast was set each morning on the terrace and served as our "wake-up call". Niko provided us with his cell # in case of an emergency and instructed us to call him at any hour. It was like staying with family (or better).

We have stayed at the Alfonso/Spain, Amstel/Amsterdam, Danieli/Venice, Savoy/London, Ritz/Paris, Madrid, Grand Cayman etc... All are beautiful but none can compare with the personal service so remarkable at VVV! We will be back... SOON!

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2006, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cjroman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fira
Astra Suites
#4 of 80 in Fira
Filotera Suites
Filotera Suites
#1 of 55 in Oia
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Dreams Luxury Suites
Dreams Luxury Suites
#13 of 48 in Imerovigli

Been to Celestia Grand? Share your experiences!