“Amazing views and great location.”
Review of Tzekos Villas

Tzekos Villas
Ranked #23 of 81 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed 5 October 2013

The location was fantastic. The views were absolutely amazing. We has a spa on the balcony which was so nice. The sunset was beautiful. The rooms were a good size and the beds comfortable. The bathroom was a little small but adequate. The breakfast was basic but that was the only thing about the hotel that was basic. It was a short walk to the main township where you could catch a local bus to wherever you wanted to go for a small fee. There was a lot to do in the local area with some lovely restaurants and shopping. The staff were very helpful although I did feel sorry for the guy carrying our suitcases up the stairs. We would certainly satay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Great value hotel for Santorini. Staff really helpful. Great pool and pool bar. Position is excellent for views over the Caldera and the sunset views are excellent. Rooms are large, clean and secure with great views. 5 minutes walk to the local busses, which will take you to all areas of the island for less than 2 Euros. Many steps, but that is to be expected in Santorini.

Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I have stayed in Tzekos villas for 5 nights and i would like to thank Strafolla who is working there for taking care of us during this stay and make it really remarkable. the hotel is located in Fria and its 3 minutes walk to the city center with the best view to the volcano. we reserved the junior suite with Jacuzzi in the terrace and the view was really amazing.the hotel is very clean and the water pressure was good. the swimming pool is big. once you are in you will feel that you are with your greek family as everybody is kind and polite. The breakfast was with limited options. many steps to go up and down but this is the nature of Santorini. i highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: go for the junior suite with Jacuzzi
1  Thank Ahmad Z
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed at the villas for 5 nights and only just left last night! We loved our stay for many reasons, first the view is just amazing, really really amazing! The rooms are nice and clean and the junior suite with the spa on the balcony is amazing! beautiful way to relax after walking all of steps around the town! Second, the staff!!! Where do I start... When u stay at a hotel normally u are greeted by a receptionist that u say hi to, pay ur bill and that's about it, but at Tzekos you get more then that. Stravoula, well what can i say about her, she first greeted us at the reception desk and everyday from there on helped us in every way she possibly could. Every day we stopped to talk to her, she would tell us lovely stories of Greece, we would have a laugh and she would help us out with planning our day or boooking tours, She even upgraded us to a beautiful suite, and she didn't even know us!! She really is an amazing beautiful kind hearted person to meet and I will miss her dearly :-) (I'm sorry I didn't get to give her a big hug goodbye)!!! Theodore.. What a man of muscle ;-) carried my bags (and they were heavy) up and down all the stairs for us without a complaint and more then once too! He's really lovely and is ways there to help! On our last day we even heard him practicing guitar and we hope next time we come he will be playing during breakfast hehehe! Then we have Stefan, Stefan works behind the bar at the pool and he makes the best cocktails!! His boss really needs to get him a new blender though because the poor guy crushes the ice by hand and I like my daiquiris so he was crushing ice a lot! Stefan made us feel very at home, and that was really nice. He is a lovely person and my husband and myself think he is a great value to the tzekos villas..
Stefan and stravoula made our stay at this hotel very comfortable and enjoyable, we didn't want to leave. We will miss them so much and hope to come back to santorini one day and stay again! Luke & Nat :-)
Oh
1 more thing If you want to eat at a good restaurant for lunch or dinner Try Ellis next door it is the best meal we have ever had!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 24 September 2013

So we booked our rooms for our honeymoon through a travel agency and when they offered us this hotel we were through the moon excited. The rooms looked spacious beautiful amazing view, I was really looking forward to staying there.
So let me start off with basic good things. The staff was friendly. The view is AMAZING from the balcony, but we were in room 201. And if you've read any more reviews its not the greatest room to have. I guess if I didnt have higher expectations for the room I wouldnt of been so disappointed but it looked nothing like the pictures! It was small, had a balcony which was also tiny, barely fit the 2 chairs and table that was out there, and the AC unit had a plastic container on the ground to catch the condensation, which is important to add because at night it is very windy at the hotel and you can hear that container moving all night. Also I could vividly hear the people above us moving, showering, flushing the toilet ect.
The hotel is nicely located right by the town of Fira and the OId Port if you are doing tours so that is nice.
We ate out so I can not rate the food, but I really feel like their website should be like "look at all these beautiful rooms and by the way we have this one room in the corner the size of a closet you might get which looks nothing like these beautiful pictures we are showing you."

2  Thank Jessica R
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My partner and I stayed at Tzekos Villas for 4 nights on the last leg of our Greek Island hopping experience. From the moment we got into the reception and were greeted by Stavroula we could tell this was a special place. The views were fantastic from every point throughout the hotel - from the top of the stairs, reception area were breakfast was eaten, the pool and our room - everywhere you looked was STUNNING!!

Stavroula gave us a host of information about Santorini, where to go, what to do and made us feel very welcome.

Unfortunately we arrived in Santorini just as we were both coming down with a nasty illness and proceeded to spend the next 3 days in bed. At least we are really able to comment on the quality of the room since we didn't leave it for a while!! The room we had was lovely with a big double bed, couch, and very spacious bathroom - we also had a little private balcony where I managed to sit one night and watch the absolutely amazing sunset that Santorini is so well known for. The bed was comfortable even after days of lying in it! The TV in the room was decent (not that many people going to Sanotrini would care!) but we managed to find some English movies to help pass the time. While we were sick Stavroula and the other reception staff were extremely helpful and kind - they cancelled a tour we had booked but were unable to attend and even offered to get a doctor to come to the hotel for us.

We did make it up for breakfast a couple of days and while the dining area is small it provides everything that you need. You can also buy bottles of water from the reception area which was very handy for us as we were unable to leave the hotel.
There is wifi available through the hotel free of charge and our bags were stored for us until our evening flight on our last day in Santorini

The hotel is located close to Fira (a 5 minute walk at most) and also very handy to a supermarket. The hotel provide a good map with all the local amenities on it!

If we had the privilege of returning to Santorini we would most definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to everyone we know!

Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

I went there with my wife for our honeymoon. That place is just paradise. Breathtaking balcony views. Very nice and helpful staff who make you feel like home (shoutout to stavroula, michael and theodore) just a 2 minute walk to the lively streets of Fira where you can shop, enjoy the beautiful walk and observe the sunset of Santorini. Really this stay was the best part of our honeymoon.

• Stayed: September 2013