“Worth of every penny”

and 1 more site!
Archontiko Santorini
Ranked #41 of 79 Speciality Lodging in Fira
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Pros:
1. view: it's amazing!
2. facility: new and clean
3. location: prime
4. hospitality: sweet and helpful
5. others: the private deck is amazing, we dont need to join the zoo up the hill for the sunset
6. price: super reasonable!

Cons:
1. internet: very slow and unatable
2. because it's on the way of donkey trial... it's a bit noisy
3 hot water system: somewhat pain in the butt. after i mastered it, i was about to leave.
4. breakfast is very simple...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darian L

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Archontiko is the most perfect little place, nestled among many hotels in the beautiful little town of Fira. When my wife and I walked in to our apartment we were instantly mesmerised by how tastefully done the place was. It was charming, spacious and cosy all at once. The hotel has been recently renovated and has 3 apartments - the family that owns and runs the hotel lives in the fourth. The living room and kitchenette offers a good unwinding space once you're back from a day full of activity, there's a really neat little bathroom and a quaint bedroom on the first floor [almost like Bilbo Baggins' home -just Santorini style]. And to top it all it offers a most stunning view of the Caldera. There is also access to a private terrace which is the perfect spot to sip some wine and let the sky and the Sea do their magic.

Great location both in terms of view and access to the main town, market, bus station as well restaurants and super markets.

The owners Vasilios [I hope I'm spelling your name right!] and his wife own and manage the place and made our stay most comfortable. He was a good storyteller and even gave us some good greek music to listen to. They personally attend to your every need and take great pride in their hotel. They love their hotel and so will you.

And Archontiko is priced most reasonably too. But what it offers is priceless.

Room Tip: There are three rooms which are all identical. All have the same great view of the sea. Would even r...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MadhavSrinivasan
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed here for 8 days on vacation with my wife and we couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. Similar places in this price range are out of date and this is very nicely renovated. The other hotels still have furniture from the 70's. I didn't know what to expect and placed faith in the reviews on here. It was an excellent choice and I am very picky about hotels. There is a small fridge and a hot pot for coffee and food within walking distance. We stayed at the beginning of April and did not have any problems finding places to eat. The best part about this place has to be the owners. They met my wife and I at 11pm at the top of the steps to help with the luggage. Some people give places a bad review in this city because of stairs, but every hotel in this city has stairs to go up and down so don't discredit this because of the stairs.
I was missing some power adapters for my electronics and the owners went out right away to help me. They also helped setup reservations as restaurants and other locations. They are a hard working family that truly knows the meaning of customer service. We traveled all over the island and felt like this has one of the best views. One thing I can not stand in hotels is being able to hear the guest in others rooms. I did not hear anyone the entire time I was there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank c5vette211
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I am so greatful that I happen to find this place because this was the best place to stay in my whole life!!! The place is clean and deco is super cute (SO my style!!:)) The owner family is so friendly, location is amazing, the view is beautiful...what more can we ask for? My husband and I stayed at a different apartment in Oia after this place, where cost double the price, and it was nowhere this level...I was totally missing Archontiko:( This place certainly made our honeymoon so special and I still keep thinking of the place after a few months!! As long as you are happy using the ladder in the room and steps to get to town, it is definitely worth staying here!!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mimichocoholic
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Good location -It near main street ,super market(Carrefour),BUS Station ,so you don't need spend too much time and money in transportation. Great view -apartments on the cliff rim ,the ocean and volcanic island is right ahead,the church is next the apartment so it is a great place to take pictures. The apartment is very clean , beautifully decorated,very well maintained new and very comfortable to stay ,we stayed in for 4 nights ,we love it very much and have very great time there! The owners of this place a matured couple are the best ,they treat us like their own family. Advice you the best information you need,there have something that 5 star hotel never have, here is really like home, warm and sweet. I am strongly recommend to stay here it won't let you down,and l believe that you will love there!
這邊地點非常的好,離fira主要的街道,家樂福和公車站都很近,你只要用走路的就可以到達,景色非常的好,他是在厓邊上的房子,海景和火山島就在正前面,旁邊還有個教堂,拍照的絕佳地點.房間很乾淨裝潢的很典雅,民宿主人夫婦待你就像家人,這些是五星級飯店享受不到的,我們在這裡待了4夜,我都都愛死這裡了,建議大家可以來住這,相信你們也會有很美好的回憶.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank CHUN-YI_HUANG
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Me and my gf stayed @ this place in sep for 2 nights....the minute you see this place....it's like WOW...just as it shows on the internet. The owners of this place...a matured couple...are the best. They treat you like their own family. Advices you the best. The view is best in FIRa, from this place. Very very well maintained apartments, better than a 5 star hotel...I strongly suggest this place to everyone, they won't let u down. It's soooooo beautiful....if santorini is Gods Gift...then dis place is an added star to it. Perfect location. They made omelette for us the way we wanted.....always asked if we needed anything.
Absolutely budget friendly but a 5 star service....
Thank you uncle and aunty....we ll always remember u both...

Room Tip: They have 3 apartment.....all r the best...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JAAZ997
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Archontiko Apartments gives you the Santorini experience you've been dreaming of: breathtaking views, the balance between being close to food/activities in the day but quiet at night, and sweet hospitality from the owners. All this along with beautiful furnishings and an affordable price made this our best hotel find... ever! Even as we moved on to other islands, we kept saying how we missed Archontiko.

I admit I was nervous before arriving that the place would be too good to be true because I had sent several emails with no response. Once we arrived, I soon realized this is a small operation maintained by a husband and wife team who clean, provide breakfast (5 euro/person/day), and answer questions from their guests all by themselves. They're probably not email people.

Also, although they advertise services like assistance with airport/ferry transfer and ATV rentals, it's really best to take care of these things on your own. Luckily, its perfect location makes it easy to do so. Just tell the taxi driver your hotel is located near Agios Minas chapel across from Hotel Keti if he's unfamiliar with the hotel name. As far as ATV rental, just walk from store to store within the main square and select the best price (but don't forget to also ask about horsepower)! We parked our ATV in the lot near the church.

Santorini and Archontiko Apartments, in particular, was everything we hoped for! If we ever visit Santorini again, we would definitely stay at Archontiko.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple