“Small, interesting wall art”

The Santozeum Museum
Ranked #32 of 52 things to do in Fira
More attraction details
Owner description: Contains copies and descriptions of Akotiri frescoes and video presentation on Princeton computer project that helped piece the artifacts.
Reviewed 13 October 2013

A few, well presented rooms of wall art. Although they are photo-reproductions you would never know. Essential viewing if you've been to Arkotriri

There are newer reviews for The Santozeum Museum

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I guess I gave it 5 stars purel because of it's location: the most beautiful location for a museum in the world as it is set on caldera in this very beautiful old house.

However the money I paid at the entrance were money down the drain: very little exhibits and these are reproductions. I guess they still give you an insight into the Greek culture though. What is the worst that could have happened? They could have transformed this location into another over priced hotels to con you of more money and get not even decent bedding but 'survive' purely because of the views!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 19 September 2013

My wife and I liked all the pieces, especially those which we knew learning history. Myself being an Italian I really loved the Greek-Roman pieces.Don't miss it.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Visit only if you aren't visiting the originals at the Museum of Prehistoric Thira or the National Archaeological Museum in Athens. This site is made of tourists and is 5 Euros each. Well done but small.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We tried to see the Museum but failed. The two days we checked it, it was closed without any explanation. The opening hours on the door showed it should be open but it simply wasn't. Either they were waiting until more people came queuing up or they had simply decided that June was too early to open at all. Even more odd because staff at the Prehistoric Thira Museum recommended we take a look at the video presentation...