“DO NOT GO HERE!!”

Aegle Cafe
Ranked #99 of 189 Restaurants in Fira
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We went to this place last night to watch the World Cup-it's a really cool looking spot but then again-what isn't gorgeous in Santorini? I can't speak to the food because we only had drinks. The waitress was the absolute worst from the very beginning. I ordered a bottle of water to start and before I could ask for a cocktail or wine whatever--she says-you can't stay if you only drink water. Give me a break-we haven't even sat down much less looked at the menu!
So fine-bring me an ouzo then. Just one? She says with a sneer.
Are you kidding me? Yes-one at a time, please.
I really wanted to like this place but with so many other restaurants staffed with truly lovely and welcoming locals-don't waste your time here.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We found this cafe while shopping in Fira - it's in the heart of the town with people milling around but once you enter the courtyard, it's so peaceful. The food and service is great. The free WiFi is very useful. Great place to spent lunch.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We came upon Aegle after a day of exploring Santorini. We were heading back along a Main Street to the gondola that would take us down to our cruise ship, and decided to step into this lovely place. They had no concern that we only wanted cappuccino and free internet! The seating area was beautiful, clean and calm while just beyond the wall it was crazy-crowded! The coffee was tasty and the service gracious. Worth looking for.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Awesome coffee and they have soy milk. Literally been to Santorini three times and this is the only place I found with soy. Friendly service and great view!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

This bar is really lovely and comfortable. Reasonably priced and a good selection of snacks and meals. Very welcoming.