“Dismissive”

Apiron
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A spectacular infinity view, a table for two with view of the volcano and the dazzling Aegean sea sunset. Welcome to Apiron..!
Brighton, England
“Dismissive”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and I booked to come here a couple of weeks in advance by email from the UK.I explained it was our 25th Wedding Anniversary and therefore celebrating a special meal with 2 couples that came with us. The reviews were excellent hence choosing Apiron. We tried for Thursday 19th and asked for a front line table so we could all enjoy uninterrupted views and eat watching the amazing sunset. They said they were fully booked, but mentioned we can get you in for the following day instead but only for 7pm - 9.15pm - great no problem - yes. We all dressed up, arrived in time to find we had a table for 6 in the rear stuck in a corner, 3 rows back. Not good. I highlighted we had booked in advance and they had confirmed the booking and they did not seem to care or make any alternative suggestions or compromise. Very disappointing. Needless to say my wife was extremely upset. So although I cannot comment on the food, I was not impressed with there careless attitude. So if you are booking in advance I really suggest you double check!!

3 Thank scantheman_9
Georgios K, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Apiron, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear scantheman_9,

Thank you for your time writing a review for our restaurant.
You do not mention though anything about the food, or the service, or the atmosphere, or the comparison between price-quality, but this is obvious, having not seated at all .

These are the interesting parts for a review in tripadvisor and not if you didn't like the table and you left. Tripadvisor must consider situations like this prior uploading reviews concerning the total experience.

In our email exchanges , I had clearly advised you that the restaurant was fully booked and I succeeded to find a table for you at 19:00. I never promised you a table in front because I just couldn't make it.
The fact that your reservation was made 2 weeks ago, does not change the result of a fully booked night, something clearly explained to you.

Finally, I believe that a criticism just for not being satisfied by the table, won't be considered seriously by the tripadvisor readers.

I'm really sorry that you finally left and you didn't had the chance to experience the taste of our food, that so many good reviews are written.

Best regards

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
“Wow! Wow! Wow!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

This place is slightly more expensive but not excessive . We had an upstairs seat with a great view. The food was fantastic. Two exceptional dishes were the shrimp wrapped in potato and the lamb shank. My wife also enjoyed the white aubergines. Well worth the little extra!

Smyrna, Georgia
“Fantastic meal”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I booked a few weeks in advance to be sure we had the best sunset view, and we did. We got there just before sunset and watched the sun go down with a bottle of wine at a fantastic table. We ordered the eggplant salad and they make it right at the table; delicious. We also had the sea bass and the strawberry dessert which were also fantastic. We picked the cheapest bottle of red on the menu and that was perfect as well. It was an incredibly romantic dinner. Once the sun sets, the inside is even more romantic with lots of candles everywhere. Service was impeccable. It's not that cheap, but nothing is in Santorini. It's pretty much on par with any nice restaurant there.

2 Thank ClaireBZE
llandudno
“Amazing”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Fantastic experience. Had made a reservation for 7.15, so were lucky to have an amazing sunset just as we we re finishing our meal.Ordered one starter of eggplant salad, which was delicious, prepared at the table, and enough for two people, the we had the shrimp risotto and swordfish, both were beautifully prepared and tasty. The staff are great, very friendly, gorgeous. setting. Not cheap, but worth it for a special evening

Tampere, Finland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This restaurant was one of the best ones we went to at Santorini!

The mussels we had as starters were just phenomenal. So good. Also both of our main courses were great and the portions were really generous. The prices were reasonable (main courses 20-30eur), too.

Also the atmosphere was romantic and the quality of the service was really high, waiters were nice. The view was amazing as the restaurant was located at the caldera, I strongly recommend having dinner during the sunset!

1 Thank Josephinee1