All reviews minute walk volcano view room hotel is located very clean hotel the bus decent hotel lovely little hotel nice pool easy access town centre the location is perfect buffet breakfast greek islands double bed would highly recommend this hotel breathtaking views each morning
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Astor Thira Hotel is located just outside Fira, the best location in Santorini. It took only 4 minutes to walk into Fira, and it was quiet located outside the town. A pool was very appreciated as the beach was a few kilometres away. The room was small but comfortable for our family of four. The cleaning was good and the reseption were most helpful. We spent 4 days here, mostly in Fira and Oia. Ask for a room not pointing at the road but at the pool or countryside.

Room tip: Rooms pointing at the pool or countryside is best.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Firstly, the staff were lovely. We paid for a volcano view room, and unfortunately over looked a condemned building in the middle of our view. There is a main road and large quarry between you and the water. Additionally, our building was surrounded by views of abandoned buildings, a fuel stop and dead grass. The rooms are very dated, and the bathrooms smell. Beds and pillows are uncomfortable. The room was cleaned well, and attended to daily, so some silver lining there. There isn’t a fully functional bar or a lot of facilities here. It is an unpleasant walk to Fira on busy roads, and would be quite dangerous for a family. My advice to anyone staying in Santorini, regardless of your budget would be to pay for Oia or somewhere more scenic. When we arrived at this hotel and saw our room (supposedly top of the line) we were quite disappointed. Not what or where we envisioned our honeymoon at all. If you want cheap and cheerful (as we really liked the hotel staff) this will do the job- just not what you picture when you imagine Santorini.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma M
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Spent 5 night in Santorini staying at the Astir Thira Hotel. Nice little hotel which is well run in a very handy location. The staff are very friendly and accommodating in particular Elvis who was more than helpful with any requests that we had. The hotel is located a short 5 minute stroll to the centre of Thíra. Be sure to capture the breathtaking views of the famous Santorini sunset which can be obtained from across the road of the hotel. Pool was more than handy and very refreshing after a long day out and about. All in all all a pleasant stay and would recommend this place to anyone thinking of staying there.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank svmelb10
Reviewed 25 June 2018

My wife and my 2 kids and I spent 3 nights at this beautiful hotel. The room was clean and very spacious.I like the fact that the room has 3 beds. The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast in the morning that includes eggs,cereal and pastries. Also, there is an amazing pool near the rooms that is kept clean. I Like the fact that the hotel is a 5 minute walk from the center of town. Also,there is a grocery store near the hotel where you can buy food at low costs. The staff are very nice and friendly. I would strongly recommend this hotel.

Room tip: rooms on the first level near the pool
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank highstick17
Reviewed 24 June 2018

My stay at the Astir Thira was definitely one of the highlights of my trip to Greece. I was warmly greeted at the reception by Argy and offered a welcome drink of sweet wine. Both Argy and Maria were excellent in orienting me to the island and suggesting tours and sights to see. The location was ideal, about a 5 minute walk to Fira and all its excellent restaurants and shops, and the most beautiful sunsets right in front of the hotel. This was the third hotel I stayed at during my visit to the Greek Islands and definitely the best. Thanks to all the Astir Thira Hotel staff for making my stay so enjoyable!

Room tip: Front rooms have beautiful view of the sunsets but the back rooms are further away from the busy main road and quieter.
Date of stay: June 2018