“Location, location, location...”

Ranked #7 of 80 Hotels in Fira
London, United Kingdom
“Location, location, location...”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Lilium for a few nights in late June and found the experience enjoyable from start to finish.

On arrival you are completely wowed by the stunning views over the caldera. The rooms are spacious and VERY clean which is a big statement as I consider myself a clean freak!!

In summary, the hotel is absolutely incredible and I would really recommend it to anyone visiting Santorini.

However, in my opinion there is still room for improvement (hence the 4 star). 1) The breakfast selection is ok (tinned fruit - not great)
2) Cocktails were served in plastic glasses ( not really expected...)
3) Internet slow in room

Regardless of this, we will be back!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tvr89

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at Lilium Villas for three nights in June 2014. The staff were all wonderful and extremely helpful. I would like to mention one of the drivers Lucas (spelled different in Greek I think). He really stood out as he was very friendly and a very hard worker. He had a really good attitude and provided excellent service. The rooms were nicely decorated and kept clean. The pool area was great with a view that was just incredible. The breakfast was good and had enough variety for us.

One minor criticism: The internet did not work most of the time and when it did, it was extremely slow. We were in beautiful Santorini so this did not bother us too much.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and would come back to Lilium if we returned to Santorini. I have not given the hotel five stars as I don't think it was quite at that level but it was definitely a wonderful stay. (Five star view though).

BEACH TIP: Most people and books will tell you to go to Perissa Beach. I highly recommend to give this a miss and go to Kamari Beach instead. The water is much nicer and you are not constantly bothered by people trying to sell you sunglasses or massages. The restaurants looked to be of better quality too.

1 Thank Looch00
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have ten thousand words of superlatives ready as I prepare this review but I will only use half as I don't want you to feel like I'm hard selling this place. I will summarize how our experience was completely magical. We stayed mid-June 2014. This was our second hotel in our entire holiday in Santorini. They couldn't book us for the entire duration of our stay so we took whatever was available as this place come highly recommended by friends. We have the last leg of the trip here for 2 nights and it was magical experience.

REASONS WHY I LOVE THIS PLACE AND WHY YOU SHOULD PICK THIS PLACE:
1) LOCATION - while it's not exactly in Fira town (thank god), it is perch in its own little place slightly away from Fira with the most sublime caldera view from every point of the hotel. They have a free shuttle to and fro Fira town and the schedule is quite frequent.
2) CALDERA VIEW - every room has balcony view facing the caldera. So whatever category of room you book, you will have a balcony facing the famous volcano view. It just a matter of whether there's the pool (for reception level room) or down the steps - completely no obstruction for all rooms!!!
3) ROOMS - rooms are large, very well decorated and furnished. The photo is exactly what you're getting: super comfy bed with fluffy towels and chic toiletries!
4) EXCELLENT SERVICE - the staff is gold. Everyone, i mean, everyone is very helpful, cheerful and with ready smile to serve you. I think that's the magic of this place. Please keep up the good work!

DOWNSIDE:
There is none. Not from us.

This is exactly what you get for a luxury boutique hotel - excellent full service and very chic accommodation to match. I will post photos later on - let me tell you those photos inspired a lot of my friends to travel Santorini and look into Lilium for accommodation.

Thank you Lilium for taking care of us. We are already dreaming of our return!

Room Tip: If you prefer not to walk up and down the steps - request for the rooms at the reception level, it i...
2 Thank Ellemorena
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was lucky enough to have had the pleasure of staying at the Lilium for a week to celebrate my 50th with some great friends. From the moment we arrived Liza and all the amazing staff made us feel right at home and nothing was ever a problem or to hard. They helped us organise drivers, dinners and just made everyday perfect . The hotel was spotless, the food amazing and the view breathtaking. Thank you so much for making this holiday extra special.
Dianne 1964

Room Tip: They will give you the best room available and all rooms have views
1 Thank Dianne O
Leeds
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We have just returned from staying at the Lilium Villas for 7 days and what a great hotel! Like most people say, we had followed the reviews in the weeks up until the holiday, all of which were wonderful and the hotel really does not disappoint.

The hotel is small with a chic, exclusive boutique feel to it. White washed buildings looking out onto the most stunning view of the Caldera. The room was also in-keeping with the décor, with a traditional Greek feel in that everything was white and blue but with some modern features (the cool style chairs and neat little white plasma on the wall). The cleanliness of this hotel makes it stand out as the room and the pool side is all immaculate. The cleaners came everyday to change the bed and clean and this was a great service.
One thing which must be noted, like in other reviews, is the great staff - in particular Liza and Maria. Both helped us book trips, gave us advice on restaurants and helped us book tables at these. Nothing was ever too much and they were always so helpful and friendly.
The staff in the restaurant are also very friendly and helpful.

There are only 2 things which if we were being really fussy, would help to have improved our stay. The first was that we went on our honeymoon and think that as this is a once in a lifetime experience, think that perhaps it would be nice to have had a little note on arrival or something as cheesy as some gesture on arrival, but as I say this was only something petty. The other thing would be the selection at breakfast. Although the pastries and juices etc were great, it would have been good to have more of a selection and to have alternated this a bit during the week as the breakfast was the same every day.

Whilst we were there we hired a quad bike to get around the island on (we would definitely recommend this!) and went to see the Lighthouse, Perissa Beach, the Open Air Cinema in Kamari (great experience), Pyrgos (stunning - go to Francos!), Imerovigili (go to Mezzo for a great meal and fab sunset view) and Oia. I have to say though that the sunset view is just as great in Fira as anywhere else and this is the best in the world! Also try the bakery's in Santorini- they are wonderful.

We loved our stay in Santorini and fell in love with the island which is very special and always will be to us and would not hestitate to go back to Lilium again or recommend this to anyone- great hotel, great location, fantastic staff and just want to go back now....

Room Tip: We stayed in room 203- the middle of the second floor overlooking the pool. This had a great view an...
1 Thank Sarah C
New Canaan, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have traveled the world. Lilium Santorini is the best by any measure; value, cleanliness, friendliness, views, front desk team, restaurant team, etc. I plan to go back real soon.
We stayed in suite. Friends in standard room. Both were perfect.

1 Thank William966
Sydney
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Lillium Villas in Santorini - all other reviewers were right - hypnotising view of Caldera.... It made us feel relaxed from day one. Very well run hotel - spotless rooms - really well serviced.

Liza and Maria at the reception - true professionals - they made us feel extremely welcome and relaxed. We always felt like friends were giving us suggestions about things to do not hotel representatives. Hotel is really comfortable and the shuttle to Fira runs really well and Luka who was in charge of the driving is the most friendliest guy:). Its worth you while to chat to these guys to get the bet tips about the island:).

I will be honest (in a good way) that the breakfast choices were ok but the food was not tasty. As in eggs, bacon, sausages, canned fruit, cheeses, tomatoes (I know I sound like crazy and it was a lot of choices ) but the quality of food and taste just wasn't there. Again, just my opinion.

On the last night in order to catch sunset from our hotel -THE best sunset view angle ( I promise - no need to go to Fira to spend money to sit in expensive restaurant!!!) we decided to stay in and order the room service. OMG! The food (I was later told prepared by Manoli and I hope my appreciations were passed on) was absolutely outstanding. If only I knew we would have ordered all our dinners at Lillium!!! Truly and honestly - lovely and amazing hotel with wonderful staff who really care about their clients. Best views of Caldera and delicious food (at night:).... Just a hint about breakfast (to hotel) but no pressure:).
Beautiful hotel - great staff - good location - Santorini at its best!!!
Tips - bakery across the road - really good with heaps of choices for savoury and sweet cakes and pies. A must visit! Catamaran trip around the island with swimming in gorgeous waters suggested by staff is a good value and amazing. Car hire arranged by hotel really well run and convenient.
We are jealous as if you read this you are looking to go to Santorini. Enjoy!

1 Thank boxela
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fira
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
Santorini Princess
Santorini Princess
#8 of 51 in Imerovigli
Evgenia Villas & Suites

Been to Lilium Villas Santorini? Share your experiences!