“Paradise”

Ranked #7 of 79 Hotels in Fira
New York City, New York
“Paradise”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, helpful staff, gorgeous views. Far from fira, but you can take the shuttle or taxis. Make sure you try the bakery across the street! The restaurant is good too. It's a much more serene vibe than some of the "party hotels" in Santorini.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed at Lilium for a week In a room with our own Plunge pool....Very nice on a evening with a beer or glass of wine to watch the sun go down.

I can only echo what has been said about the place, The staff are always helpful and obliging, our rooms were kept clean and the food at breakfast and at the restaurant was good.
I did not find it very noisy and the 30 plus rooms is a nice number so that there was always somewhere to sit for meals or by the pool.

The walk into Fira is flat and takes about 15 -20 minutes and there are a few shops and supermarkets to get Drinks or food ...Lidl supermarket is a 5 minute walk from the Hotel.

The shuttle bus from the hotel is a good way to get there quickly, but only runs at certain times.
They occasionally do an airport run if not busy...at a charged.

In town get to the bus station and get on the bus, this is a cheap and interesting way to explore Santorini

Go careful on the taxi hire.....// most are alright when you negotiate a price, but on one occasion I jumped in and got charge 5 euros more for a journey I had done before for 10 euros

The beach at Kamari is not brilliant as it is Volcanic, But there is enough to do and explore on Santorini for a week.

The Boat ferry Terminal to go to other islands can be seen from the hotel to the left

I was on Santorini for my sons wedding and thought the setting fantastic

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I am currently writing this review whilst sat on my patio overlooking the breathtaking view of the ocean. I have travelled all around the world, including The big Sur in California and this view is unbeaten.

My husband and I only stay in 5* places/ maybe 4* and it took months to finally book a place in Santorini. When we arrived at the hotel ( private pick up from the hotel is provided in a blacked out merc, airport is 8 minutes drive away), we both had the usual first impression nerves: 'will it meet our expectations?!' And the answer is yes!

Beautifully decorated (all white New England theme), simplistic and modern.
We have a standard room for the first few nights and then the pool suite for the second half of the week - I've seen the suite first hand and it is fabulous! The standard room did not disappoint however. We are on level 4 which is below the pool and restaurant. One small issue we do have is the noise of footsteps above but this is only a minor issue.

The town is 2km away (fira)- we walked last night and it was fine. All flat and one road - took maybe 15 minutes. We took a taxi back however and this was €10 to give you an idea. The hotel do run free shuttles every couple of hours to and from the result too.

We hired a quad today - A MUST if you are looking to explore! We had a brilliant day riding along the coasts and through the towns- went to Oia and had lunch in a beautiful beach bar.

So far the holiday has been 10 out of 10.

Looking forward to the open air cinema tomorrow night too!

One recommendation is that I would only suggest a week at most on this island! My husband and I both stated that we would probably get very bored after a week here as there is only so much sunbathing, eating and looking at sunsets you can do!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Staffsfoodlover
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I am here for a 3 night stay in a Fira, it was indeed a little far from the centre but by renting a car everything would be fine as they provide free parking space!
Beautiful swimming pool and great breakfast service! They have this really cool fresh orange juicer which is terrific!
Hotel staff is always helpful with luggage.
Hotel supplies you with a lot of toiletries so it's very convenient.
Hotel room is always bring with decorated with white furniture which makes it very santorini-ish an contemporary at the same time! Would most likely return!

The only downturn is one of the reception does not always smile, it would be a lot better if she would say smile more!:)

Stayed July 2014
Cairns
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Hours, weeks, months....that's how long we looked and priced and checked as to where we would stay for a week on Santorini. It was getting painful. I could nearly name every hotel.......but finally found and picked what I consider the best accommodation.....I nearly said 'ever' and maybe it is. We decided in the end to take the V.I.P. apartment with the private pool. Sure it wasn't the cheapest and it wasn't in Fira(20 minute walk). I know the view is more than fantastic but imagine if you wake and sit up in bed and there it is. You jump in your own pool and don't have to get up early to get your towel on the sun lounge. The apartment is large and comfortable.One of the greatest spots on earth.....and that's just the apartment.
Maria, Liza , Silvannah, Loucas, George and Theresa, Afroditti and Spiros.......what a great bunch. The great breakfasts and dinners, the great service are over and above what you would expect. Lilium is a 20 minute walk into Fira and I liked that. If you stay in Fira you may have to cart your bags down roads and alleys that are cobblestones and have no car access. At Lilium you are driven to the door and your bags are taken to your room.
The restaurant has great food and the standard outstanding view. The hotel does do runs and pickups into Fira and I would recommend the pickup from the port when you arrive. Do this, stay at Lilium and save yourself the time and effort. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The V.I.P suite with private pool is really the best option if you can afford it.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Penespal
Ireland
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed at the Lilium for five nights at the end of June. The hotel looks and feels exactly as it is on the pictures and as described in various reviews. The views of the caldera - from the room, pool area and restaurant are outstanding. The service in all areas - the reception, to the restaurant, shuttle drivers - is warm and attentive.

Entrance to our triple room was at a reception level and a few steps up from the pool and the restaurant. The room was spacious but if I can have one small criticism it is a limited storage/shelving for three people (would be ok for two guests). The room is very comfortable, there is enough seating, space for the luggage, good lighting, convenient outlets for charging gadgets. The balcony is huge and perfect for that sunset drink. The beds are very comfortable. The room has a kettle with a small selection of tea and coffee (randomly replaced) and a complimentary bottle of water is provided on arrival.

The breakfast was very good, good selection overall (but only watermelon for fresh fruit) and fresh. Although the hotel was fully booked up during our stay, it did not feel crowded at any time, including at breakfast. We also had dinner once and although the food was very good there was no atmosphere as we were one of only two tables occupied.

We loved the location. The shuttle to Fira was convenient (once in the morning and every two hours in the afternoon with last return from Fira at 10:35pm). Taxi from Fira to the hotel is only €5. There is a bakery across the road from the hotel where you can also get drinks/ice cream. Señor Zorbas, a Mexican restaurant, is about 7 min up the road and further on is the Santo winery. It is also possible to walk to a big-ish supermarket (called something like A/B) about 10 minutes in the direction of Fira.

We were offered transfer from the airport by the hotel which we did not use but should have as the price was he same as the taxi - €20. Transfer to the port was €15.

It was extremely convenient to rent a car through the hotel. The car was brought to the hotel and we just dropped the key off at he reception 48 hours later.

The guests were a mix of different nationalities and ages and his added to the great vibe at the Lilium.

Overall, our Lilium experience was perfect and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Virus
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Lilium for a few nights in late June and found the experience enjoyable from start to finish.

On arrival you are completely wowed by the stunning views over the caldera. The rooms are spacious and VERY clean which is a big statement as I consider myself a clean freak!!

In summary, the hotel is absolutely incredible and I would really recommend it to anyone visiting Santorini.

However, in my opinion there is still room for improvement (hence the 4 star). 1) The breakfast selection is ok (tinned fruit - not great)
2) Cocktails were served in plastic glasses ( not really expected...)
3) Internet slow in room

Regardless of this, we will be back!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple