“Highly recommended!!”
Review of Hotel Golden Star

Hotel Golden Star
Ranked #58 of 81 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I got a lovely room with a beautiful balcony for cheap price! Just 10-15 minutes walk from the bus station and the center of Fira. The place is quiet and peaceful. Besides, they gave me a free shuttle to the airport at 4:30 am! The driver woke up at 4 am only for me! What a great service!! I wish I could stayed there one more night. I'll definitely come buck!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Hotel Golden Star worked great for our three days on Santorini in early June 2013. A short walk to the cauldron and sunset watching. Katherine was very helpful and was always smiling. Short walk to the busses for getting around the island.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Zookeeper_MD
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I travelled to Santorini with my 10 & 12 yr old kids and my two parents who are in their early 70s.
We were picked up by Katherine's father from the airport and were then offered wine and juice on arrival. We found the Golden Star hotel to be of exceptional value. Katherine was great and very welcoming. The staff were also very friendly and hospitable. The best part of the hotel is the swimming pool which my kids loved! It is also very close to the shops. I would stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kerry C
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Strategic hotel location, a short walk to Fira but quiet enough from the sounds of Fira at night. Very friendly and hospitable owners. Katherine promptly responded to my e-mail queries before and after booking a room. The hotel shuttle van picked us up from the airport and also dropped us off to the Port after our stay. There were no extra charges for this service. The room and facilities such as the lobby, corridors and the pool are very neat and clean. We felt safe as we walked late night back to the hotel after dining and wining at Fira. I highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank BonVoyage98
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We found Hotel Golden Star a really lovely place to stay. Katherine on reception was delightful as were the lovely ladies who were quietly going about the place keeping everything so spic and span. We were welcomed with a glass of wine.
Hotel Golden Star is conveniently situated in Fira. While it doesn't face the Caldera side,it is very quick to walk there. the hotel has it's own beautiful view over the large swimming pool. Beds were comfortable, breakfast good and we enjoyed our stay and swims immensely. We would certainly return, and recommend to our friends and others to choose this hotel.

1  Thank DDS1944
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We lived in this hotel for the first night and last night in Santorini. This is a very nice place for living and it is really a resort to spend your holiday. House hosts are very kind-hearted and they gave us different kinds of red wine (local wine) to us and that tastes very good. This is a very good hotel worth you to come.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here, a lovely hotel, just a couple of minutes walk from the main street. It was so relaxing to have a dip in the pool and lie out in the sun & not feel like I was in the middle of a town. It does not have a view of the caldera but since i was not planning to spend the evenings in my hotel room it really didn't matter & there is such a view from many of the bars, restaurants and public walkways anyway. All the hotel staff were so friendly & helpful, even when i got lost on my way there having taken down the wrong directions from the internet & had the phone the hotel to get some advice. They also had a very welcome free transfer from the hotel to the port on my last day.

• Stayed: May 2013