“Amazing time .. Tear in my eye as i left!”

Antonia Hotel Santorini
Ranked #15 of 80 Hotels in Fira
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing time .. Tear in my eye as i left!”
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I stayed at Hotel Antonia for two nights in the middle of October. Firstly the day I was supposed to have arrived into Santorini the ferry was on strike. I rung the hotel letting them know I wouldn’t be arriving and expecting to have to pay for the night. They told me not to worry as it wasn’t my fault (this in itself set my stay up to be a great one).

The next day I was picked up at the port by Lefteris (the owner) who was so welcoming and friendly. Upon arrival at the hotel I was sat down given a glass of wine and shown all the things I needed to know about Santorini. Where to eat/shop/what attractions there were and anything else I needed to know. Everything was so handy only a few minutes walk away. The bus station was a only a 5 minute walk away and this linked you to all parts of Santorini.

I was then shown to my room where I was blown away. For 40 euro I had a two bedroom apartment overlooking the water on the opposite side to the caldera. The sun was shining and it was just beautiful. The apartment was clean, very spacious, had a full kitchen, fridge, jug and very good shower pressure ☺ I was then given a carafe of wine, on the house, to drink while relaxing later.

I was a little bit worried about travelling on my own but those fears were soon diminished. Everyone was so friendly, the shop owners always wanting a chat and i'll never forget one of the restaurants i went to even gave me a free dessert (the hotel recommended this place). On my last night Mario (a member of staff) used his time off to take me out dancing and showed me the nightlife. It was a laugh!

I checked out in the morning but the ferry didn’t leave till after 3pm. So they offered to store my things while I went for a walk to Oia (this is a must). When I got back they offered me a shower room and cup of tea just before taking me back to the ferry.

I can’t say thank you enough to Lefteris and especially Mario for all the extra help and kindness you showed me. I will be back and have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to all my friends and family. Don’t miss out .. stay here and soak up what lovely santorini has to offer!! Hopefully you will fall in love with the place just as i did ☺

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank 1DebbieM1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Antonia Hotel is not "luxury" as said on the website but it's very good for Fira. Very well located (1 door from the center but not into it where - in summer - it must be a hell of noise for sleeping). Nice big rooms (mine was the 29 and had a coach, big double bed big closet, TV, fridge, water boiler, wine, and a nice small bathroom), with a table to smoke outside. A common kitchen available to cook your meals. All this for a very reasonable budget (by end October, the hotel is not full so... i don't give the price which does not mean much if you don't go in winter).
The staff and the boss (Elefteris) are nice, and always ready to help (they also sell services, but it's not an obligation and you'll get info, maps, etc). You can be picked up and driven back to the port for free which is a big plus in Santorini. Santorini is not a small quiet island, and Fira being located up on the cliff you do not want to walk nor loose time looking for a bus or a cab especially when all ferries are getting in delivering hundreds of travellers on the harbor decks.

Room Tip: Pour le calme, demandez les chambres de derrière (plus cher mais en été celles de devant plus bas de...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I stayed at Hotel Antonia for a few days in September 2012 with my girlfriend for my 27th birthday. Firstly being picked up from the port got my stay off to a good start. The hotel is very conveniently situated and within walking distance to the main attractions of fira. The frappe is great and service is 6 star! The hotel rooms are also great. They have hot plates so you can cook and great view. Everything was new. There is also a pool and jacuzzi. On the day of check out, Lefteris let us go out and enjoy our last day and then come back to the hotel where we could shower and eat before being driven down to the port at 16:30. That for me was unbelievable!
The price is excellent value for money!Lefteris is a brilliant host who is tireless and makes a huge effort!Would i recommend? Without a shadow of a doubt!!!!
BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT!
If you are thinking about going to Santorini then choose Hotel Antonia

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed 26 October 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights in October, and I'll join the approval club.

Unless you absolutely must have a direct caldera view and/or a super-luxury place, I can't see how you would do better. Everything was clean, efficient and friendly. Free airport shuttle, and help with booking things like volcano boat tours and rental cars.

Note that they don't provide breakfast, but you can't really complain given the economical price. They DO make coffee for you whenever you want, and there is a decent breakfast place 50 yards up the street, also a convenient laundry.

It's no more than 5 minutes to the caldera rim, perhaps 3 to the bus station.

I'd certainly return & recommend to friends.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 October 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here in early October 2012 for 4 nights. We caught the ferry to Santorini from Athens and the ferry arrived two hours late (a common occurrence on Greek ferries as we discovered). A quick phonecall to Lefteris the owner and it was no problem, our pick up was there at the port waiting when we arrived. We arrived at check in and were offered coffee, wine ect and this was also offered to us every day...a nice touch. We had a studio room which was clean, large and had a nice bathroom and kitchen which we could cook eggs for breakfast of a
Morning ect. We were situated at the back of the hotel in a quiet alley and had a pool there which was mostly ours! All this for 40 eu per night...possible the best value accodation i have ever stayed in and I've travelled alot!
Hotel is great loc small walk to Fira centre.
To top it off all staff including Lefteris, Mario, the guy who picked us up, the cleaners ect ware nice friendly people. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed October 2012
Toulouse, France
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Last April, we stayed as a family, a mama, a papa, and a little boy, in this family-owned hotel. Our flight was delayed and nearly cancelled out of Athens, and yet when we finally arrived three hours after our original arrival time, we found Lefteris, the owner, waiting for us! After picking up a few other hotel guests, we were off to Fira and the hotel Antonia. We were warned by a Greek friend that the hotel is very basic (which is okay, because we are of the clean and quite room with a cozy bed, who needs more sort of travelers) and for 40€ we were not so demanding, and so we were surprised at the lovely architecture of the place, as well as a room that was nicely painted with a bit of style. At the hotel, we were greeted with a jug of local white wine and taken to our room that overlooked one of the two (tiny but lovely) pools. We were in the hotel apartment section, where we had a small kitchen that we never used because we ate out all the time. There was a good climate control system in the room (hot/cold), a TV and WIFI. The room was quiet, though we did hear the baby next door crying in the night, a slight inconvenience we were able to manage.

The hotel is a five-minute walk up the hill to the main drag. Originally, being away from the Caldera felt like a compromise, but when we unexpectedly saw ocean from our hotel (the other side of the island), it was fine. And since the main drag was so close, we communed with the sunset until dark, and then walked back down to the quiet, while the Caldera started rocking (and this was before tourist season).

I think of our stay at the Antonia and Santorini every day. I highly recommend this hotel. For 40 Euros a night for three people, we were welcomed like family, taken care of with great restaurant recommendations, and then included in the price of our stay, we were taken to and from the airport and to and from the port (we visited another island). Thank you, Lefteris and Mario for a great stay!

By the way, do NOT put TOILET PAPER in the toilets in Greece. ANYWHERE. Clogs up the plumbing. That took a while to get used to.

Room Tip: We liked our room that faced out onto the back street, farthest away from the reception. The rooms o...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dya E
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Excellent value, very friendly service. Mario was extremely helpful orienting us to the town and highlighting what we should see and gave us excellent restaurant recommendations. It is in a very central location, 2 minutes walking from the center of town, and two minutes walking to the bus station. On a quiet street so we slept great. Beds were comfortable and room was clean. Free coffee and wine, cannot be beat. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Great value as well.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank StPauligirl03
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fira
Villa Renos
Smaragdi Hotel
Smaragdi Hotel
#3 of 40 in Perissa
Atalos Apartments & Suites

Been to Antonia Hotel Santorini? Share your experiences!