“Much more than a 2 star hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Antonia Hotel Santorini

Antonia Hotel Santorini
Ranked #11 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Pennsylvania
“Much more than a 2 star hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here on our trip to Santorini and the whole experience was GREAT! Lefteris was very hospitable, from picking us up at the port, driving us to the airport, a carafe of wine daily :), connections for car rental, sightseeing, and other great service! Our room was small but clean and comfortable. The hotel is in a great location and you can not go wrong in staying here. Thanks Lefteris and staff!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
1 Thank denbev

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dunedin, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

The great reviews for this hotel were all true. We were made to feel very welcome and it was great to be picked up from and dropped back to the port. We were greeted with a glass of wine and also given a carafe of wine to enjoy on our balcony. It was great to get useful tips about restaurants that were good but not too expensive. We made use of the little pool as the weather was hot when we were there and a swim was really nice. The hotel was only a short few minutes away from the Caldera views but also was nice and handy to the local bus station. We found this a really handy way to get around the island without needing to hire a car or go on any organised tours.
The apartment was spacious, clean and everything worked well. We were able to shop at the little Carrefours supermarket along the road and have breakfasts and lunches in the apartment if we wanted to which was great. Lefteris and Mario were so friendly, helpful and kind. The hotel had a real family feel to it and was incredibly good value on an island that has some very expensive accommodation options.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Bernee2013
Boston, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We had a great stay at Hotel Antonia! It was in an ideal location, close to the action by far enough away that it was quiet. I did a lot of research and picked this hotel based on th strong reviews and it did not disappoint. It was nice to have the kitchen even though we didn't really use it! It was great to have the extra space.The staff was so helpful and accommodating, the wine was a great touch and they even made us frappes in the morning. The also directed us the bakery that was up the hill down an alley to right, it had the most amazing cheese and spinach stuffed pastries I have ever had. Another plus!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I'm not usually one to dole out exceptionally high praise, but Hotel Antonia is 100% deserving of every accolade I can think of.

When we arrived, Mario welcomed us with a glass of wine and did not hesitate to show us the best spots for food and sightseeing around the island. After we finished our wine, he supplied us with a carafe which was replenished every day when our rooms were made up. The room was well appointed - the air conditioner was in great condition, and we slept very comfortably.

But the real charm of Hotel Antonia is the staff - ALL of whom are extremely friendly and accommodating. For example, when I got sick on our second night, Vasso personally escorted me to the clinic and spoke with the staff in Greek to make sure I was well taken care of. He was so wonderful, and I (and my boyfriend!) couldn't be more thankful. Vasso also woke up at 5am to drive us to the airport. Mario and Vasso were always very welcoming, and would ask us how we were and how our day was every time they saw us.

The location in downtown Fira is ideal, and we couldn't have been happier with our stay. We absolutely hope to return very soon!!

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Amanda D
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is ideally located in the heart of Fira, Santorini. The owners are lovely and very helpful. Transfers were provided to/from the port/airport. The room was very nice and included air conditioning, tv, fridge and good bathroom. Great hotel!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Phoebesansom89
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it! The rooms are clean and the hotel is in a great location. Hotel owner Lefteris was very hospitable and gave worthy advice. He recommended Fanari restaurant and made a reservation for us - the prices were very reasonable, the view was amazing and we were looked after! We were given a complementary carafe of wine each day and coffee in the mornings. I will definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends who come to Santorini. Hopefully if I'm lucky enough to return I will stay in this hotel again!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie B
Key Largo, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

This place is absolutely amazing! It has a great location in Fira to start with. The rooms are very clean, beautiful and roomy. I have to say that this hotel has the best service out of anywhere that I have been. Jeffrey and his staff are the most welcoming and kind people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting! They give you a pitcher of wine at arrival and tell you everything you need to know about the island and are happy to answer any questions. Every morning when I sat on my porch someone would ask me if I needed anything or would like coffee or wine. You feel very comfortable and at home at this hotel. You are getting way more than what you are paying for in my opinion! Next time Im in Santorini this will be the place I stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fira
Costa Marina Villas
Stelios Place
#2 of 40 in Perissa
Aressana Spa Hotel and Suites
Atalos Apartments & Suites

Been to Antonia Hotel Santorini? Share your experiences!