“Okay stay”

Ranked #21 of 76 Speciality Lodging in Fira
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Okay stay”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Arriving in Santorini from Athens, I stayed at Thea Studios for 5 nights (the first week of a six week European vacation). I made arrangements for transport from the airport to the hotel and pick up was confirmed via email. However, upon arrival there was nobody at the airport to pick me up. Airport information called the hotel and they said they would be there on 10 minutes. I waited an hour before another hotel driver offered to drop me off at Thea. The apartment was comfortable and had a nice view. The bathroom needs to be updated, it was quite difficult to operate the shower. The Wi-fi was spotty and not accessible from my room. When I walked out to the main lobby area, I was generally able to log on for internet service.

If you are traveling alone, I would not recommend Thea apartments as it is a 15 minute walk uphill to the heart of town. If you have a traveling companion, Thea Studios is an affordable option and you might consider renting a car or motorbike.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kate D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed at Thea Studios in early June 2014 for one night. Dimitris (the owner/host) picked us up from the bus stop in Fira and also dropped us off at the end of the stay. The stay was pleasant and the room was a good size and clean. The decor was modern and the view to the water was great. We didn't use the pool area but it looked nice. Breakfast was also included, which was a nice bonus. The one draw back was that it is a bit of a walk into town (10 minutes or so), but this didn't matter to us too much since we rented an ATV while we were there. Overall for the price Thea Studios was excellent and the hospitality was great.

Room Tip: The walk into town is a bit uphill so an ATV helps a lot!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Antonio V
Hamden, Connecticut
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We had a marvelous time at Thea studio. Love the view, being away from the insanity of town, the walk into the town, pool, great breakfast and the hospitality of the staff. Dimitri is funny, charming, knowlwdgable, and bright. His staff keeps the area immaculate. They were sweeping up and washing the outdoor patio at 7 am.
The walk into town was 10- 15 minutes. It is central to everything. The basic studio room where we stayed was simple. The new rooms hehasbuilt are huge, modern, and simple with a jacuzzi. I would feel very comfortable here as a solo traveler and a few were alone.
The are 2 dogs that are delighful.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank sueb09
Los Gatos, California
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Just returned from Santarini and Mykonos. We were there from 6/11 to 6/14/2014. Thea Studio definitely provided the best experience and the best value for your money. The view from the hotel was wonderful, sun set/moon rise all on your private balcony. Great breakfast, port transportation, away from the town noise. Our family of four had a little suite, not your conventional hotel, but adequate enough for a cook-in dinner. Dimitri provides a nice personal touch to the whole place. Wished I had just stayed there instead of breaking up the vacation to go to Mykonos. If you go to Santarini, don't forget to walk from Fira to Oia, wear good shoes, lots of sun screen, the view is wonderful. It was the highlight of our trip. If I ever go back to the Greek Islands, I'll stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sarah W
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Thank you Dimitri for last 7 days.

Very good breakfast with local products. Dimitri has provided all the conditions to enjoy 7 days of vacation. Many thanks for the details of places to visit: beaches, restaurants, taverns, etc.. Thanks for the help for renting cars. Also, transfer from/to airport.

Distance from the city center is within 10 minutes walk (7-10 minutes to the bus stop)
Easy access by car. Parking very large.

All 3 rooms under the pool, very spacious. Large bed, soft mattress, fridge, oven and stove, and a plus for most couples: a large jacuzzi in the open space. All are new, high quality.

I have attached pictures. We hope to help you make the right choice.

Thank you Dimitri!

Room Tip: All 3 rooms under the pool, very spacious. Large bed, soft mattress, fridge, oven and stove, and a p...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Laurentiu P
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We had a great three days in Thea Studios. The studio apartment for four was very spacious, clean, and comfortable - we slept so well every night. Owner Dimitris was responsive, helping with all our needs and even went the extra mile to drive back to the port when I had left my iphone in his car on the day of departure. Complimentary breakfast provided every morning was hearty and we started each day with a smile. The studios is located about 5 minutes away from the Main Street, and is easily accessible by car. overall, it was an excellent stay and we were very pleased. Terrific value for money!!!!!! Would definitely recommend this place !

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank TheodoraDcruz
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I've made a reservation through their booking system on Feb 22, 2014 and then received an email immediately mentioning that I will receive a confirmation letter within 24 hours. However, I did not receive any email for days. Therefore, I sent an email to ask for the confirmation but did not get any replies. I did send emails to ask questions before and got quick replies, so it is nothing to do with effectiveness. After hearing nothing from the hotel, I sent an email again this morning and finally got a reply from the system mentioning that my booking is declined but with no reasons mentioned. There were rooms available when I made the reservation, I just don't understand why it is now being declined. Although I am happy with that as with such POOR services, I don't wanna stay at this so-called hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Michelle L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fira
Hotel Mathios Village
Stavros Villas
#4 of 15 in Karteradhos
Armeni Village Rooms & Suites
Alta Mare by Andronis

Been to Thea Studios? Share your experiences!