“Don't bother book in advance.”
Review of Blue Sky Hotel

Blue Sky Hotel
Ranked #80 of 81 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I booked room specifically for one person with private balcony and fridge in the room (booking.com). What they gave me was three person room without fridge (room no. 16). Room smelld mold, had no balcony (1.st floor, next to a cleaninc cupboard), view to a concrete staircase and not even own terrace.
They kept saying that it is their biggest room but didn't get that I didn't need a big room with three beds (I travelled solo), I wanter the room I booked.
I walked to next hotel opposite of the street and changed there.
Of course Blue Sky villa didn't return my money but it didn,t matter to me. It was only 30€ and the money was more important to them than me. Maybe they invest money in mold prevention.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Maaria142

Reviewed 28 June 2013

It's really hard to complain about a place that's so affordable in such a tourist trap but there were just way too many inconveniences experienced to go unnoticed. First, at the port, I waited 45 minutes for the hotel driver to pick us up only find a man yelling at me for not being able to find him sooner. He was so nasty and rude, he even threatened to leave me at the port if I don't shut up and then proceeded to call the hotel to complain about me.

My room smelled like sewage and the hallway smelled of gas -- the entire trip. Our drain was clogged and my bedroom and bathroom both flooded after showering -- huge inconvenience especially at night when there was no one at the front desk and I was opening random closets for a mop and extra towels to mop up all the water.

The breakfast was so minimal and tasteless I didn't bother touching it after day two.

There was miscommunication with the reception with regards to a day trip to the hot springs and volcano -- she neglected to tell us of the extra transportation fees not included in our ticket. The same thing goes for the airport/port transportation: they couldn't accomodate my friend who had an early flight to catch meanwhile we waited 30 minutes for our driver to

We booked a room with an ocean view only to open our balcony door and face a wall. Our friends who arrived a day after were double booked and receptionist attempted to move them to another hotel "5 minutes away" but I fought with them for 20 min because we specifically chose this hotel to stay altogether (they just didn't want to give a 3 bedroom to 2 people even though it was their fault for double booking).

The receptionist was very young, immature and condescending.

Unfortunately, because it is so affordable and at such a convenient location, I bet it will continue to flourish as a business, but be warned, you'll be dealing with a lot of inconveniences that can really affect your trip.

1  Thank 16WorldTraveler1988
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Do not stay here! First off, we were told that they would pick us up at the port an hour after we arrived, but when we found our driver an hour later he yelled at us that we were late and we kept him waiting. The bathroom smelled disgusting and flooded each time we showered, there was an odor of fuel throughout the hotel, the breakfast was not good, they booked us for an all inclusive boat trip to the volcano but they failed to inform us of all the extra fees we would need to pay. We arrived a day before our friends who had booked at the same time as us, but when they arrived they were told there were no more rooms and that they would need to stay at another hotel 5 minutes away! There was however another room available, they just didn't want to give it to my friends because it had 3 beds instead of 2. We fought for 20 minutes before they finally gave them the room. Then they couldn't accommodate my ride to the airport. The staff was rude and condescending, and even with repeated problems, they never once tried to make us happier. It really put a damper on our trip to Santorini.

2  Thank EricaWB
Reviewed 26 June 2013

If I were you, I DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!
They didn't respect our reservation made through Booking.com. We had choosen the option of Non-Refundable, we have paid for the room with more than two months in advanced and when we get there THERE WAS NO ROOM FOR US! They have OVERBOOKED. I work in Hotel Management and I am involved with this kind of situations, but the recepcionists didn't managed this well, she was laughing, and we were so tired. We had only one day in Santorini and we wasted a lot of time! First of all, they offered a "free transportation" Port - Hotel. We were waiting more than 1 HOUR AND A HALF!!!! When the driver finally appear, he hadn't even said "I'M SORRY". He drived like crazy on the mountain, we really felt sick!. Finally, when we arrived to the Hotel, we received the noticed that they have sell our room and that we HAVE TO MOVED to another Hotel of their property. The recepcionist say that it is a 5 star hotel (I swear it is not! they don't event have a map for us!) and it is in another place ("Imerovigli", 3 km from Fira AND WE ACTUALLY BOOKED BLUE SKY VILLAS BECAUSE IT IS 200 MT FROM FIRA! That was very annoying.
When we arrive to Irinis Villas (the other hotel) we explained the situation to the lady over there and she said that they will call a Taxi for us to move to and from Fira..... we wait the taxi, we went to Fira and WE HAVE TO PAY!!! Next day at the Check Out we asked her the refund and she said IT WAS OUR CHOICE TO GO BY TAXI, that we could go walking or by bus! OUR CHOICE HAD BEEN TO BE IN FIRA AND NOT 3 KM FROM THERE!). Which is worst, because of the Driver delay and this situation WE MISSED OIA' SUNSET, one of the top things we wanted to do in Santorini........ POOR SERVICE!!!!!! THEY DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO TREAT A GUEST..... DISSAPPOINTED 10000%!!

1  Thank Florshiii
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed in Blue sky hotel for 3 nights.Only 90 euros in total.Frankly speaking,that was a good deal.Hotel is close to the bus station.Room was big enough for me.Bathroom was a little bit small.I like the balcony.When you want to sleep,do not forget to close the door of the balcony.Because balconies were too close.Swimming-pool was quite nice.Free-wifi was available in public area in the hotel.My room was 5,I could get Wi-fi signal in my room,but it was not connected very well.Receptionists were helpful and tried their best to tell you everything about Santorini.Really appreciated their kindness.Nice stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank lisaselencer
Reviewed 5 April 2013

The room was so small and the television and air conditioner did not work. Although the breakfast was simple, it was nice. The place was convenient and the hostress was kind to us. The free WIFI was good for us truly.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 February 2013

The hotel is decorated with great taste. Magnificent Venetian courtyard with a fountain and pool. Clean around. Time is spent with great pleasure. Amazing white wine of Santorini. Free shuttle service from the port. Next time on Santorini staying at this hotel. Recommend to my friends.
In late August, there was no great little tomatoes grown on Santorini. The usual continental breakfast, but no Greek yogurt.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple