“Okay for a stop-over, no recommendation for a longer stay”
Review of Blue Sky Hotel

Blue Sky Hotel
Ranked #77 of 79 Hotels in Fira
Linz
“Okay for a stop-over, no recommendation for a longer stay”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had to spend a night on the island because of a change in ferry schedules and for just one night this room was okay.

A big plus: the swimming pool and the balcony! And of course the location which is really within a few steps from everything you need: restaurants, shops, supermarket, main bus stop.

The rest is just average Greek hotel room: small room and a tiny bath that floods as soon as you take a shower.

Breakfast was okay, too, the usual bread, jam, butter and cheese and those sausage rolls they call "bacon" ;-)...good filter coffee though. Service was okay once we got to see the manager, the rest was obviously just helping out and barely knew where the rooms were, the cleaner was super-unfriendly, chasing me away with her broom.

We had asked for transfer from the airport but never got an answer, when we asked for transfer to the port the next day it turned out they only went there twice a day so if those times don't fit your schedule - your problem. But the local bus service is really okay and there's always a taxi nearby so no need for hotel's transfer (which would not have been for free either).

What was really good was that we could have the room for the whole following day for some 20 Euros extra which was very convenient because our boat was going in the evening and we didn't feel like hanging around in cafes all day which would have cost us much more money. They even cleaned the room in the morning although we said it wasn't necessary so we got fresh towels for the pool.

My summary: good for a stop-over, definitely not for a whole holiday!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Well firstly we, as others have said. Arrived late only to be taken to another hotel and transferred back in the morning. They then gave us the infamous room 16. The toilet area stunk! The toilet seat was cracked. Aircon didnt work. Tv didnt work. Ants on the floor and occasionally on the bed. Sheets didnt seem to be washed very well. Light globes not working. All in all probably the worst hotel on earth. Recommend to nobody. Really wish we checkes trip adviser before booking. Wont be making that mistake again....on top of that dont ask for a taxi. They offer u a loft at an inflatted price. They charged us 15euro to goto a mexican restaurant only then to get a real cab back and it cost 7euro. Very disorganised bunch of malakas. Cleaning lady the rudiest lady ever.

thanks for ruining a good holiday

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank teeroybagginz

Travellers are raving about these Fira hotels

Reviewed 5 July 2013

We booked our room back in April.When we got there,the director of the hotel told us to go to another hoter nearby Blue Sky Hotel.We spent all of our time there and when we needed to talk to them about taking us to the port we couldn't find them ANYWHERE!Overall,I would not suggest you visiting Blue Sky Hotel!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank RATEDRBAU
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I booked room specifically for one person with private balcony and fridge in the room (booking.com). What they gave me was three person room without fridge (room no. 16). Room smelld mold, had no balcony (1.st floor, next to a cleaninc cupboard), view to a concrete staircase and not even own terrace.
They kept saying that it is their biggest room but didn't get that I didn't need a big room with three beds (I travelled solo), I wanter the room I booked.
I walked to next hotel opposite of the street and changed there.
Of course Blue Sky villa didn't return my money but it didn,t matter to me. It was only 30€ and the money was more important to them than me. Maybe they invest money in mold prevention.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Maaria142
Lima, Peru
Reviewed 28 June 2013

It's really hard to complain about a place that's so affordable in such a tourist trap but there were just way too many inconveniences experienced to go unnoticed. First, at the port, I waited 45 minutes for the hotel driver to pick us up only find a man yelling at me for not being able to find him sooner. He was so nasty and rude, he even threatened to leave me at the port if I don't shut up and then proceeded to call the hotel to complain about me.

My room smelled like sewage and the hallway smelled of gas -- the entire trip. Our drain was clogged and my bedroom and bathroom both flooded after showering -- huge inconvenience especially at night when there was no one at the front desk and I was opening random closets for a mop and extra towels to mop up all the water.

The breakfast was so minimal and tasteless I didn't bother touching it after day two.

There was miscommunication with the reception with regards to a day trip to the hot springs and volcano -- she neglected to tell us of the extra transportation fees not included in our ticket. The same thing goes for the airport/port transportation: they couldn't accomodate my friend who had an early flight to catch meanwhile we waited 30 minutes for our driver to

We booked a room with an ocean view only to open our balcony door and face a wall. Our friends who arrived a day after were double booked and receptionist attempted to move them to another hotel "5 minutes away" but I fought with them for 20 min because we specifically chose this hotel to stay altogether (they just didn't want to give a 3 bedroom to 2 people even though it was their fault for double booking).

The receptionist was very young, immature and condescending.

Unfortunately, because it is so affordable and at such a convenient location, I bet it will continue to flourish as a business, but be warned, you'll be dealing with a lot of inconveniences that can really affect your trip.

Lake Placid, New York
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Do not stay here! First off, we were told that they would pick us up at the port an hour after we arrived, but when we found our driver an hour later he yelled at us that we were late and we kept him waiting. The bathroom smelled disgusting and flooded each time we showered, there was an odor of fuel throughout the hotel, the breakfast was not good, they booked us for an all inclusive boat trip to the volcano but they failed to inform us of all the extra fees we would need to pay. We arrived a day before our friends who had booked at the same time as us, but when they arrived they were told there were no more rooms and that they would need to stay at another hotel 5 minutes away! There was however another room available, they just didn't want to give it to my friends because it had 3 beds instead of 2. We fought for 20 minutes before they finally gave them the room. Then they couldn't accommodate my ride to the airport. The staff was rude and condescending, and even with repeated problems, they never once tried to make us happier. It really put a damper on our trip to Santorini.

1 Thank EricaWB
Argentina
Reviewed 26 June 2013

If I were you, I DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!
They didn't respect our reservation made through Booking.com. We had choosen the option of Non-Refundable, we have paid for the room with more than two months in advanced and when we get there THERE WAS NO ROOM FOR US! They have OVERBOOKED. I work in Hotel Management and I am involved with this kind of situations, but the recepcionists didn't managed this well, she was laughing, and we were so tired. We had only one day in Santorini and we wasted a lot of time! First of all, they offered a "free transportation" Port - Hotel. We were waiting more than 1 HOUR AND A HALF!!!! When the driver finally appear, he hadn't even said "I'M SORRY". He drived like crazy on the mountain, we really felt sick!. Finally, when we arrived to the Hotel, we received the noticed that they have sell our room and that we HAVE TO MOVED to another Hotel of their property. The recepcionist say that it is a 5 star hotel (I swear it is not! they don't event have a map for us!) and it is in another place ("Imerovigli", 3 km from Fira AND WE ACTUALLY BOOKED BLUE SKY VILLAS BECAUSE IT IS 200 MT FROM FIRA! That was very annoying.
When we arrive to Irinis Villas (the other hotel) we explained the situation to the lady over there and she said that they will call a Taxi for us to move to and from Fira..... we wait the taxi, we went to Fira and WE HAVE TO PAY!!! Next day at the Check Out we asked her the refund and she said IT WAS OUR CHOICE TO GO BY TAXI, that we could go walking or by bus! OUR CHOICE HAD BEEN TO BE IN FIRA AND NOT 3 KM FROM THERE!). Which is worst, because of the Driver delay and this situation WE MISSED OIA' SUNSET, one of the top things we wanted to do in Santorini........ POOR SERVICE!!!!!! THEY DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO TREAT A GUEST..... DISSAPPOINTED 10000%!!