My boyfriend and I stayed at the Enigma and our stay was absolutely perfect. The views from the rooms are incredible, the rooms are very contemporary and comfortable (bathrooms are very modern), and the service was unparalleled. Chris and Lisa were wonderful in Reception and gave us amazing dinner suggestions (one night at Vanilia for the sunset, one night at Nauoussa for INCREDIBLE authentic traditional style cuisine, one night at Koukoumavlos). They also helped us arrange to rent a quad and drive around the island -- it is easy to get to all the beaches in a day.
I was also planning some surprises for my boyfriend's birthday and Lisa booked us massages at a spa on the island (the spa arranged transfers from the hotel). We also did a sunset cruise with swimming (in the ocean & the hot springs) which ended with a BBQ on board. This was Captain George's cruise, on the Eleftheria (Santorini Yachting) which was incredible because of the intimate experience on board (only about 8 passengers / cruise), George's knowledge of the island, and the delicious BBQ on board. (George also arranges for transfers from your hotel).
The Enigma was everything we wanted in our stay on Santorini. The location is perfect!! -- easy to bus to Oia for a day (the bus system is very very easy to figure out), there are lots of restaurants and shops near by but the rooms are very quiet and removed from the bustle of Fira. We had a delicious breakfast brought to our balcony every morning -- overlooking the ocean and caldera was just incredible.
On our first night we were in suite 6 which has a huge living room space, two lofted bedrooms and a jacuzzi and patio both overlooking the ocean / caldera. The patio is semi-private and has several chairs and tables on it but we found in our 5 days staying here that no one was ever using the patio (even though it was the peak season / August) so it felt as though it WAS private.
We spent the remainder of our stay in suite 8 which has a private balcony / patio / jacuzzi (off one of its 2 lofted bedrooms) which overlooks the ocean / caldera. Both of these rooms were incredible and the views were absolutely breathtaking.
The hotel location, service, and accommodation were all perfect and made our stay in Fira absolutely wonderful. I can not emphasize enough how perfect the hotel and service was. We loved the Enigma and would DEFINITELY stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Enigma Hotel in Santorini (Apartments & Suites) is perched on the cliff side of western Santorini, in the heart of Fira, the capital of Santorini island. Its wonderful location provides its guests with a spectacular view of the famous Santorini volcano and Caldera complex, the Aegean Sea, the island’s traditional old port and, best of all, the celebrated Santorini sunset. This view, along with the hotel’s excellent service and facilities, places it as a fine Santorini hotel in Fira.The Enigma Fira Santorini luxury hotel provides an amazing atmosphere for your holidays in Santorini. Enigma’s luxury Santorini suites, apartments and studios are elegantly-designed and feature a plethora of modern amenities that fuse harmoniously with the charming island-style architecture, creating one of the most picturesque hotels in Santorini. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Enigma Apartments & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enigma Apartments And Suites
- Enigma Apartments Hotel Fira
- Enigma Hotel Fira
- Enigma Apartments & Suites Santorini/Fira