“Everything was absolutely PERFECT”

Enigma Apartments & Suites
Ranked #2 of 82 Hotels in Fira
New York City, New York
“Everything was absolutely PERFECT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Enigma and our stay was absolutely perfect. The views from the rooms are incredible, the rooms are very contemporary and comfortable (bathrooms are very modern), and the service was unparalleled. Chris and Lisa were wonderful in Reception and gave us amazing dinner suggestions (one night at Vanilia for the sunset, one night at Nauoussa for INCREDIBLE authentic traditional style cuisine, one night at Koukoumavlos). They also helped us arrange to rent a quad and drive around the island -- it is easy to get to all the beaches in a day.

I was also planning some surprises for my boyfriend's birthday and Lisa booked us massages at a spa on the island (the spa arranged transfers from the hotel). We also did a sunset cruise with swimming (in the ocean & the hot springs) which ended with a BBQ on board. This was Captain George's cruise, on the Eleftheria (Santorini Yachting) which was incredible because of the intimate experience on board (only about 8 passengers / cruise), George's knowledge of the island, and the delicious BBQ on board. (George also arranges for transfers from your hotel).

The Enigma was everything we wanted in our stay on Santorini. The location is perfect!! -- easy to bus to Oia for a day (the bus system is very very easy to figure out), there are lots of restaurants and shops near by but the rooms are very quiet and removed from the bustle of Fira. We had a delicious breakfast brought to our balcony every morning -- overlooking the ocean and caldera was just incredible.

On our first night we were in suite 6 which has a huge living room space, two lofted bedrooms and a jacuzzi and patio both overlooking the ocean / caldera. The patio is semi-private and has several chairs and tables on it but we found in our 5 days staying here that no one was ever using the patio (even though it was the peak season / August) so it felt as though it WAS private.

We spent the remainder of our stay in suite 8 which has a private balcony / patio / jacuzzi (off one of its 2 lofted bedrooms) which overlooks the ocean / caldera. Both of these rooms were incredible and the views were absolutely breathtaking.

The hotel location, service, and accommodation were all perfect and made our stay in Fira absolutely wonderful. I can not emphasize enough how perfect the hotel and service was. We loved the Enigma and would DEFINITELY stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sal_slambert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Greek first
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

My fiance and I stayed at the Enigma Hotel during the first week of our 3 week trip to Europe. It was our first time in Greece and Santorini and our stay at Enigma was definitely one of the highlights of our trip. The hotel is perfectly located...in the heart of Fira with tons of restaurants anid food options. Enigma is a great looking hotel with beautiful views and great service. Chris, the owner, and her staff were very warm and hospitable and took care of all our activities on the island so we didn't have to worry about anything. We had an amazing breakfast spread every morning and had great views of the sunset from our room every night. All in all...I am glad we made the choice to stay a this great hotel that made our trip to Santorini even more memorable.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed at Enigma for 3 nights in mid July. We were not disappointed. The rooms and the view are excellent but what set this place apart was the people that worked there. The two ladies at reception, Chrisoula and Liza were so friendly and really helped us with recommendations for restaurants and setting up the sunset cruise. I was sceptical about the sunset cruise but it was truly amazing. Diving off the boat into the waters of Thirassia is something I will never forget. Breakfast at Engima is also a wonderful experience and special thanks to Eddie for taking care of breakfast and our rooms. We also arranged pick up to the hotel (Armando did this) and this was also very helpful and got us off to a good start (no stress finding the hotel). I can't say enough about this place. The price was worth it and I will likely try to come back one day.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

this is a comment only for the bar.. I was amazed by the quality of beverages, so I strongly recommend it at least once, if you go to Santorini. The lust of the sunset is self-explicable..

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

Stayed here with my Mum for 5 nights and we had a fabulous time. Our room was spacious, spotlessly clean and comfortable with a great balcony, the staff were helpful and friendly and we had prime position for sunset. The location is perfect; on the main street of Fira with all the shops and restaurants nearby but it's not noisy, the bus station is only a few minutes walk away so you can easily get to the beaches and the hotel offers use of a lovely pool at a nearby property. The breakfasts are excellent and were served on the balcony of our room each morning as we marvelled over the spectacular volcano views. I was sad to leave and will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mel1Melbourne
Barrington, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

I spent numerous hours looking for a place to stay while my wife and I spent our 10 year anniversary in Greece. At first, I had a couple of resorts/Vegas style places picked where the pools were plentiful. Then I stumbled on this small (8 room) gem while doing research on TripAdvisor and I am so glad I did. The rooms were incredible...first class with as much charm as the rest of Santorni. The service...even better...incredible!!! Chrisoula and her staff were amazing. For the moment I began corresponding with her until the return ride to the airport, they did not disappoint. Breakfast every morning from our deck, lunch and dinner recommendations, daily discussions on where to go on the island....they made for the most the most perfect trip i have ever experienced.

I read other reviews about staying close to Fira and the noise...NOT AN ISSUE AT ALL. Enigma gives you the benefit of staying close to everything but you feel miles apart. Our room and small pool were quite and the scenary was unreal.

My wife and I are more pool people than beach people and at first I was a little nervous about not having direct access to a pool. However, Enigma's staff sets you up with the best pool experience i have ever had of my life at Aressana which is a short walk away.

If you go to Santorni, do yourself a huge favor and stay at Enigma. We have stayed at 5 star resorts in Tahiti, Aruba, Italy, France, Japan and throughout the US and no place, I repeat, no place compares to Enigma. Thank you Chrisoula, thank you.

S

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steve K
Sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

We stayed in Enigma in Fira for 4 days with our family of 4 adults. The apartment was spacious with a great bathroom, small kitchen, jacuzzi and lovely (shared) balcony with fantastic views. The breakfasts were great and brought to our apartment at a time which suited us.
Chrisoula and her sister were so friendly and helpful during our stay. Our daughter was celebrating her 21st birthday and Chrisoula organised a birthday cake to be presented to her during our sunset boat trip on 'Thalassa', accompanied by the saxophonist playing happy birthday - it was a great surprise and a lovely touch....
The jacuzzi was lovely but Enigma doesn't have a pool. If you ask Chrisoula she can arrange for you to visit a nearby hotel's pool which we did one day - it was great.

Do walk past the cable car base along the coast path to Firostefani and Imverogli where there are some fabulous views, interesting art studios etc.

Room Tip: look at the photos on the hotel's website and on Tripadvisor and discuss what you need with the...