“The no.1 place to stay in Santorini”

Enigma Apartments & Suites
Ranked #2 of 81 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed 19 April 2012

It was a one of my dreams to go to greece for my honeymoon and my husband made it happen :) and what complimented it even more was the hotel he chose for us "enigma apartments!" it only got better and better once we got there because not only the hotel itself was beautiful but the room was as well, the host :) chrisoula made us feel at home and was very warm and friendly. The location is perfect its a 5 min walk from the centre of fira ( santorini) the hotel is fresh and clean! which was very important for me. the view is spectacular and considering we went in march we werent expecting too much out of it but to our surprise it was alot more than we expected. enigma doesnt deserve 5 stars but its deserves 6!! excellent breakfast too!! to end this review with a sweet note!! dont think too much , stay at enigma apartments you wont regret it !!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NikitaG14

Reviewed 10 April 2012

LOCATION: This hotel is in the pretty much in the center of Fira. We took the bus (2.4 euros) from the airport to Fira (on a budget) and walked about 6-8 blocks to get to the hotel. The best part is that this hotel is on the last street, right before the sea… so every room has a view of the caldera.

ROOM/FACILITIES (space, cleanliness, bathroom): There are a few room categories, we stayed in the mid-one (I think) meaning it had a balcony with table and 2 chairs and a jacuzzi. It was simply awesome! The evening we arrived we had Santorini wine, sitting on the balcony watching the sunset… then jumped in the Jacuzzi. The next morning (and the 2 after) breakfast was delivered to our balcony as well… and it made for a great start each day. The breakfast has options (coffee, tea, break, boiled egg, yogurt, fruit etc) that you select the night before, as well as the time you want your food delivered. The room itself was beautiful and had a kitchenette with some utensils. There were small details that I personally love, others probably don’t care for (like my boyfriend) but for example having each day the towels set up with a ribbon around them was just a nice detail.

SERVICE: Everyone in the hotel was super nice and polite. Chrisoula in specific was soooo nice! She gave us great recommendations for everything: restaurants, where to take good pictures, what to do, arranged car rental etc. My impression is that she truly cares for their guests having a great time, and thanks to her we did!

VALUE: For the rates we got (and comparing to other Santorini options) this is the place to go, no question about it!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank TravelEatSleep1
Reviewed 6 April 2012

My husband and I just came back from a trip to Greece. Although we formed many beautiful memories of the country, Santorini at Enigma was an unanimous highlight and defines this trip for us. We stayed for 3 nights at Enigma at the end of March and was unsure if this was too much time considering the island was just beginning to open up for tourist season. However, we could've stayed a week here with no complaints!

We booked the hotel transfer with Chris beforehand and it really saves you the hassle. It's a drive of about 10-15 minutes. Someone from the hotel meets you at the car and takes you on a short (<50meters) walk to the hotel. We got a good rate on our room as it was low season and loved the charming room. It was super clean and had a small kitchenette that was handy as it always felt like teatime on the front porch with the gorgeous view! The view was breathtaking and definitely one of the most beautiful we have ever seen. Sunset is spectacular and I truly believe Enigma has one of the best locations and setup on the cliff side. It is smack in the middle of Fira but feels like a santuary once you enter it. It's chilly in the morning as the sun comes up from behind but by lunch time it is glorious bathing in the sun with the best view in the world. Our room didn't have a jacuzzi and the family lower down from us looked like they were having so much fun in theirs we were jealous lol Next time we definitely plan to book a room with the jacuzzi.

We wish the hotel had informed as that the a/c also provides some heating as it did get quite chilly as the mattress is on top of cement. For some reason my side of the bed was colder than my husband's lol.

Breakfast at Enigma was always a highlight. You check off the list of items you would like for breakfast the night before and the time you would like to have it delivered and voila, a tray of fantastic breakfast goods arrive within the time range. There was one morning where we slept in after an unpredictable late night and forgot to change the time. We got a nice phone call the next morning and the staff were happy to bring breakfast whenever we woke up.

The service is personable and so friendly! Chris sat down with us after we arrived and gave us this hand drawn map of the island and local Fira, which was a lot more useful and practical compared to a standard hotel map. She gave us the low down on the activities and restaurants on the island. Her recommendations never disappointed!! All the restaurants were great (especially Anogi!!!) and driving around to black, red beach was super fun. I admit I research like crazy before I travel but I really didn't need to with Chris's information. You can literally fly in and plan everything on the spot based on her recommendations. She also arranged for a rental car for us, 35 euros for smart car for 24 hours!!!! The entire process was painless and efficient. I would highly recommend driving around the island, especially for the scenic and somewhat thrilling drive to Oia for the sunset of a lifetime.

Cannot wait to come back!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: all have great views but pick one with a jacuzzi!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Helena L
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I have waited all my life and am 47 to go to Santorini and all I will say to anyone thinking of going is this - don't waste another minute. I found Enigma on trip advisor and all the reviews you will read are spot on. This place is set in the most magnificent position on earth. The hotel is wonderful and the staff are just fantastic. Chrisoula is the best hostess and all the other staff are just brilliant. The breakfast is to die for and the views, well what can I say, they are simply breathtaking. We stayed 4 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our room had a stereo and we had our CD's playing round the clock. We even have our own Santorini song which we play back at home reminding us of our stay. You must explore your immediate surrounds and take a great camera. You will take classic shots of your family with amazing backgrounds. You must visit the red and black beaches and also do the whole island by 4 wheelers - no need for a car. We have 3 boys and enjoyed the greatest day of our life travelling the entire island finishing with a race to follow the sunset to Oia. My wife and I also did the Caldera cruise in a yacht where we jumped into the water and saw the sunset moored off Oia before setting sail for shore. Looking back at the cliff faces is majestic and the dinner on board was fantastic. We even had an marriage proposal on board which was duly accepted and we cracked open the champaign and danced the Zorba on board. I have the only picture of the engaged couple but I think I have lost their details. The fellow's name is Steve and he is a Richmond supporter and for privacy reasons I have not attached the photo. Back to Enigma. This is simply a great hotel but a little on the expensive side, however you must treat yourselves. You will have no regrets. Chrisoula organised transfers from the airport and we felt like kings being picked up and delivered in style. Our ferry trip to Mykonos was also organised by Chrisoula and we were even driven complimentary to the port for our departure. We are definitely going back. The 5 of us stayed in a jaccuzi suite with the main terrace in front of our room. Simply unbelievable and unforgettable.

Room Tip: Depending on how many people, as all are catered for. Ours was the big one with the jacuzzi and the...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank BillZ_12
Reviewed 14 March 2012

My husband and kids stayed at Enigma for a week in July and totally loved it! We had, I think, the largest jacuzzi suite with two loft bedrooms and a beautiful terrace with the most spectacular views! We enjoyed our time there, having breakfast at the requested time each morning served to our balcony by the most kind young man "Eddie" who was always willing to go updown the steps in order to please us!
The entire stuff was very helpfull and thanks to the ladies at the reception we visited the most beautiful places of the island!! We really felt like we were at home and that is what makes holidays memorable!
We will sure come back, but this time without the kids, even though it was not that hard since the hotel is located withing a few steps away from all the shops, bars, etc. and as teenagers they were out all night!
Thank you "Enigma" for your hospitality!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Enig.. was my first romantic vacation away from the noise and pulse of the city. I didn't want to leave and I suspect that you will too. The view was breathtaking and we saw a few western moviestars during our stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Meg B
Reviewed 4 February 2012

We stayed for three nights while on honeymoon. Beautiful location with superb views and excellent services, couldn't ask for more

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fira
Anteliz Suites
Villa Renos
#4 of 81 in Fira
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
Lilium Villas Santorini

Been to Enigma Apartments & Suites? Share your experiences!