“Dream you never want to end”

Enigma Apartments & Suites
Ranked #2 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Bellevue, Washington
“Dream you never want to end”
Reviewed 31 January 2009

I cannot think of anything but positive things to say about this place. The stuff was super friendly and helpful. They knew exactly what we needed and gave us great tips. Even before we arrived there I already developed a great communication with them and when we arrived they knew exactly who I was.

All the rooms are unique. We stayed in the one at the bottom. The room was very cool with some interesting designs. Our bathroom was located on the bottom floor, I felt like I had to go down the cave.

And the view....just look at my pictures. Amazing views of Kaldera in the morning and sunsets.

Did I mention they bring down to your room a delicious breakfast with freshly squeezed orange juice, warm croissants and many more things.

Thank you for wonderful memories Enigma.

• Liked — Unique style, View, Staff, Breakfast, Service
  • Disliked — Lots of stairs to walk but it's a great workout
  • Stayed September 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Greek first
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 6 January 2009

My wife and I stayed at Enigma for our Honeymoon in June of 2008. It was simply a dream come true. We stayed in a Jucuzzi suite. The views and accomidations were perfect. He never had to leave to hotel, but when we did we would ask the front desk for advice on where to eat or go. They never steared us wrong. We had the best meals of our trip thanks to the Enigma. By mentioning where we were staying, we were moved to tables with better views. I simply can't say enough great things about this place, other then to THANK them for making our honeymoon. (We visited Mykonos and Ios. While we had a great time and stayed in great places, Engima was easily the high light of the trip)

• Liked — Views, views...did I mention we had our own jacuzzi to drink wine and look at the view?
  • Disliked — We had to come home!
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Surrey
Reviewed 14 December 2008

We stayed here for one night as an anniversary treat. It is the most fantastic place we have ever stayed.

We had a private jacuzzi and could enjoy the beautiful views whilst drinking our complimentary wine.

It may have been an expensive treat to ourselves but it was well worth every single penny.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008
1 Thank Kearw
US
Reviewed 22 November 2008

What a mythical and mystical island! What a great place to stay on this island. What a relaxing atmosphere, what a beautiful light.
We are newly weds, visited Santorini end of September and fell in love with the place. Stayed in two apts. no 1 and 2. Beautiful, small boutique hotel, great service - thanks again Chris, Eddy, Anna, Demetris and Christos!
Great restaurants nearby (our favorite was Archipelagos restaurant in a renovated captain's mansion, close to Enigma), excellent shopping and dining all over the island. Don't miss Oia village!
We'll definitely be back!
Marion and Franz

• Liked — relaxing atmosphere, great service
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank summer0707
New Hampshire
Reviewed 15 November 2008

I hadn't been to Santorini in quite some time, 16 years to be exact. The last time I left I had made a pact with myself the next trip there would be for a special occasion. My girlfriend and I planned to visit Santorini during our trip to Greece in September. I told her to find the property she would like to stay at. Little did she know she picked the location where I would propose to her.

My fiance did her due diligence and found Enigma. I contacted the Hotel and found there was no availability for the dates we were to arrive. Not to worry. A few days later, Chrisoula, the manager of the hotel, contacted me and explained there was a cancellation and the room could be ours for the four days we requested. We were ecstatic when we confirmed the room, and after our stay, we couldn't have been more happier.

First of all, the location of the property is perfect. A spot carved into the landscape of Fira with views that are second to none. We spent quite a bit of time just sitting on the patio soaking it all in. Sunsets at night, cruise ships sailing in and out of the harbor during the day, and the calm of the sea whatever time of day. In addition, the center of the vibrant town is less than a two minute walk away. Location is a key to this property.

Secondly, the room was very accommodating. A large living area, a small kitchenette and a bedroom nestled up a set of small stairs. The bathroom was of good size and provided everything needed. Of course, the jacuzzi was an added bonus when the time came for catching the sunset. The breakfast that came every morning certainly would satisfy most everyone's needs. A large choice of items was available, and you tell the staff what time you would like it. The staff delivered breakfast directly to our room at the exact minute we had requested daily. Eating breakfast while overlooking the sea was a highlight every morning.

Finally, the staff. Chrisoula and the rest of the staff at Enigma were terrific. They did everything in their power to make sure our stay was everything we could have expected and more. They went above and beyond their call of duty to satisfy all of our needs. Smiles all around were the norm, and any request we had was taken care of immediately. I can't say enough about the people employed at Enigma. They made our stay one that shall remain with us for the rest of our lives.

I highly recommend Enigma to anyone looking to visit Fira. I doubt you would be disappointed. The size of the hotel and the staff's attitude make a stay there a truly personable experience in one of the world's most beautiful destinations.

• Liked — Location, the room and the staff.
  • Disliked — Had no complaints.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nikos95
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed 12 November 2008

We (2 adults and 2 kids) stayed at Enigma Hotel for a week in early September 2008. Before going to Santorini I spent a lot of time finding perfect hotel for our family vacation there. I was looking for a hotel in Fira (best location at the middle for discovering Santorini); with caldera view (romantic evening, as it was also our 5 years anniversary); big enough to accommodate four of us; stylish and with traditional Santorini design; and of course with good reviews on TripAdvisor :) So, we choose Enigma and we really loved it!

It has excellent position right at the heart of Fira, close to shops and restaurants (try Nikolas Tavern!). We were lucky to have Jacuzzi Suite #8, which is most private with magnificent views over caldera and decorated with traditional Santorini white and blue colors. Our apartment has living room, kitchenette, bathroom and two bedrooms. From one of the bedrooms there is access to the very private terrace with huge Jacuzzi (4 of us was sitting there and still had place for more people :)) We also had baby cot free of charge for our 2-months old baby girl. Room is clean and romantic, fresh flower were there during our whole stay. We also had three complimentary bottles of white wine (one on arrival, one sometime on the middle and one on our last night) and fruits plate on last evening. All the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. We haven't had any problems to go all the way down with two kids as whenever we needed we had help from the staff.

Sounds too perfect, but it's really is :) We loved every moment there.
Marina, Alexander, Roman and Mia from Finland.

P.S. All the photos was taken by me and my husband, Alexander Shalamov. If you are interested in more from this trip – send me a message.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank MarinaShalamova
Australia
Reviewed 4 November 2008

We stayed for 3 nights in a standard apartment suite in early October. The room was comfortable and clean. There was a small kitchen and facilities to make yourself tea and coffee, which was great after having come from italy where this is unheard of in most hotels. The room had a small balcony with panoramic views of the caldera - worth the price of admission alone! You can't get tired of the beautiful view. The hotel staff are first rate - friendly, polite, helpful, and knowledgable about getting the most out of your stay. The location of engima in Fira itself is very convenient - with the entrance running straight off the main Gold Street, a popular spot for people to walk and take in the view. There are numerous excellent places to eat within easy walking distance, and there a couple of supermarkets as well. The included breakfast is delivered to your room each morning (you pick the time and what you want from a menu) and it was on time, fresh and plentiful. The pot of coffee to kick start the day was also very good! The complimentary bottle of local wine was also very much appreciated after a long day hanging around airports!!!
Thira is such a spellbinding place - it is impossible to take a bad photograph here! I hope to return to Thira soon, and would not hesitate to stay at Enigma again. Highly recommended.

• Liked — Views, value, service
  • Disliked — Nothing really
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple