We were deciding between Fira and Oia, and Oia is probably a much better choice of a town to stay in...by FAR. Fira is noisy, too touristy, and almost at the verge of tacky, especially on those days (like every day) when the cruise ships unload literally thousands of passengers. But...if you're going to stay in Fira, for whatever reasons...stay HERE at Enigma. The hotel is in an amazing location---with sweeping views of the caldera and the slopes. Even though you're in noisy Fira, the hotel is incredibly quiet, and makes you feel far removed from the noise and crowds. It's literally an oasis in Fira. The staff are very helpful as well. Our breakfast carrier (I forget his name) took the time out to play with our 18 month old toddler. The luggage carrier Armand was always friendly with a smile. And the two receptionists---Chrisoula and Allysa were incredibly helpful and friendly. They suggested itineraries and tips on where to go, when to go, and how to get there and back. This was our most expensive stay in Greece...but worth every cent.
A few tips: definately go for a 1 bedroom apartment, instead of a studio. It's worth the extra 50 euros or so. Also, avoid studio #2 as it under the restaurant, and you can hear the chairs moving around at night. If you have young children---be careful of steps...as you should anywhere in Santorini.
Also---be friendly to the two receptionists---Allysa and Chrisoula...their insights around town are invaluable, and you'll avoid a lot of headaches following their tips. (in addition to being friendly, those two are incredibly beautiful---you can't help but follow their tips)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Enigma Hotel in Santorini (Apartments & Suites) is perched on the cliff side of western Santorini, in the heart of Fira, the capital of Santorini island. Its wonderful location provides its guests with a spectacular view of the famous Santorini volcano and Caldera complex, the Aegean Sea, the island’s traditional old port and, best of all, the celebrated Santorini sunset. This view, along with the hotel’s excellent service and facilities, places it as a fine Santorini hotel in Fira.The Enigma Fira Santorini luxury hotel provides an amazing atmosphere for your holidays in Santorini. Enigma’s luxury Santorini suites, apartments and studios are elegantly-designed and feature a plethora of modern amenities that fuse harmoniously with the charming island-style architecture, creating one of the most picturesque hotels in Santorini. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Enigma Apartments & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enigma Apartments And Suites
- Enigma Apartments Hotel Fira
- Enigma Hotel Fira
- Enigma Apartments & Suites Santorini/Fira