“worst hotel ever”

Hotel Suites Blue and Spa
Ranked #76 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed 28 May 2014

i struggle to imagine who rated this hotel
they never fetched us from the port as planned
they sent us and my family to another hotel 2 blocks away despite our accommodation being confirmed
what a disaster.no hot water.small extremely uncomfortable beds
the next day at this hotel -same again.
tv broken
no wifi
bath tub blocked -room flooded
terrible owner and daughter -very rude -not understanding
no food for breakfast was all finished and they refused to make more
they made my santorini stay horrible

Room Tip: please donot stay there ,it will soil your impression of a beautiful island
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BDRRSMPM
There are newer reviews for Hotel Suites Blue and Spa

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The driver didnt show up in the airport as promised. Never trust them if they said they want to pick you up because they never care. So we go tohotel by taxi, cost 15 euro. The ladyboss dont allow us to claim back the money. Its fine then, they said they offered us another better hotel with seaview , its under their hotel group as well. Never trust them please! Big liars!! They send us to another worser hotel and don allow us to change back our previous hotel. Super terrible service. Please never ever trust their words. We follow their tour to volcano, oia. In the end, the driver didnt show up to pick us up as promised again!! Terrible and worst experience ever! TRUST ME, DONT book this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Berlyntan
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I booked this hotel at a good rate (paid on day of booking) and a few days before I arrived I noticed the rates for the same room same day was 3x higher. When I arrived I was first told there was a problem with the room and they could not rent it to me. Then after asking more questions I found out they gave our room to someone else when I had already had paid for it months in advance and had a reservation number. This was 7:30 pm at night and we just got back from visiting the volcano in our bathing suites with 2 young children. They offered to put us up at one of their other hotels for the same rate. When we checked out their other hotel we were disgusted with the quality of the hotel, the smell in the room, and the electricity wasn't working in the room which meant no air conditioning. They then offered us another one of their hotels again at the same rate whcih we paid and I refused. We spent the whole night looking for other accomodations far away from FIRA since every good hotel on the island was fully booked. The owner didn't seem to care. We should have contacted the TOURIST POLICE which we didn't think of at the time since we were more focused on where we were going to stay the night. Please don't book this hotel. I have read many other similar complaints where they have done this before to other people and most of the time they don't even come and pick you up from the airport.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Georgia S
Reviewed 8 April 2014

With my wife I arrived at the Santorini airport late night.
We could not find out Hotel driver(I asked pick up service confirmation twice through hotel booking site but I didn't receive),I asked a guy to call the hotel but he said there was no answer.He recommended to take taxi(He said as no more flight in the night,If I did'nt take any taxi at that time,I might stay at the airport) The taxi cost 15 euro(it took only 10~15 min)
When we arrived at the hotel,A lady took us a room.When I complaint on the p/up,She said she would find out why the hotel driver didn't pick us up.

Anyway I did'nt hear any excuse and was paid back 15 euro.

The room was suite.sun rise at the balcony view was great.
Breakfast was not so bad(bread,cheese,ham,coffee,milk,corn flake) compared to the price.

Wifi was good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The airport transfer was 15 minutes late and four of us were packed into a tiny car, having to hold our luggage, but what do you expect for about 25 euros per room average for non-peak times? The view was stunning. There were no toilet papers in the bathroom. The exterior was newly painted. Probably more 3 stars rather than 4, but I would go back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We booked a room at the Blue Sky Villa because very close to the centre of Fira, but when we arrived the hotel was closed and in bad outside condition. After 30mins, two ladies came to bring us to the Blue Suites Hotel which is a bit far from the centre (not so much).
The room was ok, but it couldn't hold a candle of a real four stars hotel. Breakfast very poor, bread, butter and marmalade, we had to ask for two tea bags because there was nothing to drink.
At least we got free airport transfer from the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chiara B
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Upon our arrival by ferry we took advantage of the hotels shuttle service as it seemed the easiest way to find our way to the hotel. We were led to a van in which my girlfriend, two female friends, another young woman, and myself were seated. This is where the scariest moment of our trip thus far occurred. After turning into Thira, our driver (who hadn’t said much to us the whole time) started driving a little maniacally. This didn’t overly shock me as I have experienced the different driving cultures a couple of times and sporadic driving is quite frequent, even adding to some of the excitement. It was when our driver slammed the breaks on after going down a side road in front of a house, and turned our van around. This part is what I thought was odd, since the man worked for the hotel and it seemed strange that he would have gotten lost on route. After driving for another minute back up the same street we had come, our driver began driving even faster and a bit more sporadic. Again, he slammed on his breaks only this time he got out of our vehicle and walked up to the van he stopped beside. Our driver began screaming at the woman driver and punched and slapped her in the face through the driver’s side window several times until she was bleeding. All of us sat in the van unable to move and stuck in terrified shock without knowing what to do. Eventually the male in the woman’s passenger seat got out of the van and the two men began grabbing at each others clothing and screaming at each other. I’m not entirely sure how it broke up because I was reaching into the back seat to get our luggage so we could get away, but he got back into the van before we could get out and took off in a completely different direction than where he originally took us to begin with. The rest of the car ride involved us five sitting in shock and fear while the driver made phone calls screaming in Greek. All we could hear from the other end of the phone was a female voice crying and screaming back. After we arrived at the hotel, he simply said. “Sorry about that back there. Problems with girl.”

We later learned that our shuttle driver is actually the hotel owner “Andreas” who is in charge of a shuttle service among several hotels in the area. Not only is he putting his customers in danger but nothing was done about it either. His actions were completely unacceptable, regardless of cultural differences and most of our stay here was spent in fear of the out of control owner. Thank you for your time and I genuinely hope that you seriously consider avoiding this hotel for your own safety.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends