“Average place on an amazing island ”

Hotel Suites Blue and Spa
Ranked #76 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here July 2014 with friends for 3 nights. For what we paid we didn't think it was up to scratch with the type of service we should have received! Firstly, the receptionists were not at all helpful with giving us information about the island and where to go ect. The breakfast was continental so all basics were provided. Mainly bread, butter, cheese, ham, Nutella, hard boiled eggs which went cold, cereal, milk, coffee, peaches and Greek yogurt. Nothing special but quite adequate for what a continental breaky should be.

In regards to the room we had a twin share plus a fold out couch to fit 4 of is in there. There was enough room for our things and wasn't cramped. However our room had a terrible smell coming from the bathroom the whole time, we think it was the water or sewage but either way was unpleasant. There is hot water which was good and the balcony was nice. The air conditioner didn't work and the tv was the size of a shoe box with basically no working channels. They do provide you with fresh towels each day as a normal hotel would and do a room service but even so you pay for a quality room and that wasn't given.

On the plus the pool area was really nice to relax around and the wifi does work in the main area but not in rooms. The location to Thira main square was about a 7-10minute walk up hill but relatively easy walk to do. Didn't need to use a taxi once to get around as everything was close by. Can always hire a scooter or ATV if you wanted.

On the whole for what you pay, perhaps there are better places to stay. Although not terrible still isn't worth the money.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here last week with my family (mother and brother) and two friends. After reading the reviews we were initially worried as many people claimed to have a terrible experience however we could find next to no fault with the hotel itself. The pick up was 20 minutes late (which wasn't great but it's not the end of the world) and when they did arrive the women were both extremely welcoming. They actually gave us two apartments and a double room instead of three double rooms so we were delighted, and the apartment I shared with my friend had a balcony with fantastic views of Santorini and the Aegean sea and had it's own fridge, air conditioning and television. The pool area was absolutely beautiful with the pool being immaculate and always clean. There was always an available sunbed and the breakfast was good. I cannot fathom why people seem to be moaning so much about the service- I read someone saying it was 'the worst they had ever seen'. Really?! Staff were so welcoming and they were always on time to clean the room. People should probably understand that at such a cheap price you're not always going to get the Ritz, but in my experience Blue Suites was a real steal- we payed so little and got so much. As I was staying with friends we obviously went out to enjoy the Santorini nightlife (which was also excellent) and it was only a ten minute walk from the hotel so the location was very good. On our last day they arranged a pickup to the airport and my friend actually lost her passport- but the guy who was driving us actually waited 30 minutes for us looking for it and all staff helped us look around the apartments. Eventually we found it but it was still such a kind thing to do to help us.
I'm not the type of person who actually has time to write reviews on tripadvisor but seeing such negative comments really irritated me.
DO NOT stay here if you're the type of person who just plans to spend all day in the hotel doing nothing- if you want five star treatment then pay the price!
Really recommend this hotel. Enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I'm not sure if the booking site will upload my review do here it is...

DO NOT STAY HERE! Seriously. Customer service is THE WORST I've ever seen or experienced! We've been travelling for 2 months now stopping in over 15 hotels and this place was horrendous in terms of service.

We booked and paid in full prior to arrival so when we checked in, they tried to tell us that 'actually you'll be staying in another hotel due to a large group booking at Blue Suites'. It was only until we demanded a full refund and cancellation that they agreed to place us in a room WHERE WE BOOKED!! (Which by the way was dead quiet!).

The bed was hard as concrete. Sheets were a single size on a double bed (?!). The bathroom had a stench not too dissimilar from a burst sewage pipe cooking in the sun... Need I say more.

On the upside there seems to be a lovely hotel 100m down the road with a windmill outside. I think it's €40 more a night but if I'd known how appalling Blue Suites was, I would have happily paid extra!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Hashtagreview
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Blue suites in conjunction with Blue Sky Villa, deliberately OVERBOOK to feed each other and other properties. It's is a SCAM. They will bounce you all over the island and LIE about everything. BOOKING.COM seems to go along with this!!!

You won't get your transfers, you will miss flights and ferries. It's 10 minutes further out.

It's 2 star at best (with a pretty pool) and the WORST breakfast EVER. They take cold coffee
and MICROWAVE IT, in a stifling room.
The staff will lie about anything and everything. DON'T go there, you've been warned.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Anne J
Reviewed 28 May 2014

i struggle to imagine who rated this hotel
they never fetched us from the port as planned
they sent us and my family to another hotel 2 blocks away despite our accommodation being confirmed
what a disaster.no hot water.small extremely uncomfortable beds
the next day at this hotel -same again.
tv broken
no wifi
bath tub blocked -room flooded
terrible owner and daughter -very rude -not understanding
no food for breakfast was all finished and they refused to make more
they made my santorini stay horrible

Room Tip: please donot stay there ,it will soil your impression of a beautiful island
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BDRRSMPM
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The driver didnt show up in the airport as promised. Never trust them if they said they want to pick you up because they never care. So we go tohotel by taxi, cost 15 euro. The ladyboss dont allow us to claim back the money. Its fine then, they said they offered us another better hotel with seaview , its under their hotel group as well. Never trust them please! Big liars!! They send us to another worser hotel and don allow us to change back our previous hotel. Super terrible service. Please never ever trust their words. We follow their tour to volcano, oia. In the end, the driver didnt show up to pick us up as promised again!! Terrible and worst experience ever! TRUST ME, DONT book this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Berlyntan
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I booked this hotel at a good rate (paid on day of booking) and a few days before I arrived I noticed the rates for the same room same day was 3x higher. When I arrived I was first told there was a problem with the room and they could not rent it to me. Then after asking more questions I found out they gave our room to someone else when I had already had paid for it months in advance and had a reservation number. This was 7:30 pm at night and we just got back from visiting the volcano in our bathing suites with 2 young children. They offered to put us up at one of their other hotels for the same rate. When we checked out their other hotel we were disgusted with the quality of the hotel, the smell in the room, and the electricity wasn't working in the room which meant no air conditioning. They then offered us another one of their hotels again at the same rate whcih we paid and I refused. We spent the whole night looking for other accomodations far away from FIRA since every good hotel on the island was fully booked. The owner didn't seem to care. We should have contacted the TOURIST POLICE which we didn't think of at the time since we were more focused on where we were going to stay the night. Please don't book this hotel. I have read many other similar complaints where they have done this before to other people and most of the time they don't even come and pick you up from the airport.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family