“adequate for fira”

Hotel Suites Blue and Spa
Ranked #77 of 81 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed here with my girlfirend as we visited Santorini, and we found that the Blue Suites Hotel was an ok place to stay. The main problems were that it was very noisy in our ground floor room as you can hear literally every sound coming from upstairs, and also the classic 'Sea View' scam which so many holiday resort hotels persevere with (our room had no such view, but if you stick your head out of the window and lean round to the right you can just about see the sea). Overall though it was ok.

Room Tip: Don't fall for the sea view con!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TomGreed

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I would suggest any 'good' reviews shown for this hotel are mistaking this for another property with the same name on another Greek island.

I agree with what everyone says about misleading, awful customer service. We pre-paid for 2 nights, and they tried to put us in a room with another couple! We ended up at a sister property 1/2 km away which was better, and apparently quite familiar with this property's problems.

Please avoid!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank JParker71
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Don't stay here !!! Rude owner bad customer service , poor breakfast , beds as has hard as bricks. When complained about the uncleanliness of the toilet and bath was told what do you expect you are not staying at the Hilton . Extremely misleading from the homepage , all complete lies !!!! Spoilt my whole stay in Santorini . Wifi never worked .

Room Tip: Don't believe everything you see on booking.com
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Debbie S
Reviewed 21 July 2014

8 nights for 480€ if booked 5 months earlier, not a bad deal. Stayed there with two kids, they really loved the pool area which is well kept and really beautiful. Breakfast is very basic and internet really slow with interruptions. Location is really good, 7-10 minutes walk to the Fira restaurants.

Room Tip: 15 was a nice one with sea and pool view from the balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tarvo S
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here July 2014 with friends for 3 nights. For what we paid we didn't think it was up to scratch with the type of service we should have received! Firstly, the receptionists were not at all helpful with giving us information about the island and where to go ect. The breakfast was continental so all basics were provided. Mainly bread, butter, cheese, ham, Nutella, hard boiled eggs which went cold, cereal, milk, coffee, peaches and Greek yogurt. Nothing special but quite adequate for what a continental breaky should be.

In regards to the room we had a twin share plus a fold out couch to fit 4 of is in there. There was enough room for our things and wasn't cramped. However our room had a terrible smell coming from the bathroom the whole time, we think it was the water or sewage but either way was unpleasant. There is hot water which was good and the balcony was nice. The air conditioner didn't work and the tv was the size of a shoe box with basically no working channels. They do provide you with fresh towels each day as a normal hotel would and do a room service but even so you pay for a quality room and that wasn't given.

On the plus the pool area was really nice to relax around and the wifi does work in the main area but not in rooms. The location to Thira main square was about a 7-10minute walk up hill but relatively easy walk to do. Didn't need to use a taxi once to get around as everything was close by. Can always hire a scooter or ATV if you wanted.

On the whole for what you pay, perhaps there are better places to stay. Although not terrible still isn't worth the money.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here last week with my family (mother and brother) and two friends. After reading the reviews we were initially worried as many people claimed to have a terrible experience however we could find next to no fault with the hotel itself. The pick up was 20 minutes late (which wasn't great but it's not the end of the world) and when they did arrive the women were both extremely welcoming. They actually gave us two apartments and a double room instead of three double rooms so we were delighted, and the apartment I shared with my friend had a balcony with fantastic views of Santorini and the Aegean sea and had it's own fridge, air conditioning and television. The pool area was absolutely beautiful with the pool being immaculate and always clean. There was always an available sunbed and the breakfast was good. I cannot fathom why people seem to be moaning so much about the service- I read someone saying it was 'the worst they had ever seen'. Really?! Staff were so welcoming and they were always on time to clean the room. People should probably understand that at such a cheap price you're not always going to get the Ritz, but in my experience Blue Suites was a real steal- we payed so little and got so much. As I was staying with friends we obviously went out to enjoy the Santorini nightlife (which was also excellent) and it was only a ten minute walk from the hotel so the location was very good. On our last day they arranged a pickup to the airport and my friend actually lost her passport- but the guy who was driving us actually waited 30 minutes for us looking for it and all staff helped us look around the apartments. Eventually we found it but it was still such a kind thing to do to help us.
I'm not the type of person who actually has time to write reviews on tripadvisor but seeing such negative comments really irritated me.
DO NOT stay here if you're the type of person who just plans to spend all day in the hotel doing nothing- if you want five star treatment then pay the price!
Really recommend this hotel. Enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I'm not sure if the booking site will upload my review do here it is...

DO NOT STAY HERE! Seriously. Customer service is THE WORST I've ever seen or experienced! We've been travelling for 2 months now stopping in over 15 hotels and this place was horrendous in terms of service.

We booked and paid in full prior to arrival so when we checked in, they tried to tell us that 'actually you'll be staying in another hotel due to a large group booking at Blue Suites'. It was only until we demanded a full refund and cancellation that they agreed to place us in a room WHERE WE BOOKED!! (Which by the way was dead quiet!).

The bed was hard as concrete. Sheets were a single size on a double bed (?!). The bathroom had a stench not too dissimilar from a burst sewage pipe cooking in the sun... Need I say more.

On the upside there seems to be a lovely hotel 100m down the road with a windmill outside. I think it's €40 more a night but if I'd known how appalling Blue Suites was, I would have happily paid extra!

• Stayed: June 2014