We think Elkaza could be a very good option for a budget accommodation in Santorini. Although some aspects should be improved:
- The map to the house, that we received by e-mail from the owner and that is available on Elkaza website, does not represent Santorini streets and don’t shows the real options you should take to get to the house. We got lost and when we arrive very close to the house we couldn’t find it. We asked to some locals that lived there and no one knew Elkaza. We found a very nice Greek lady that helped us, but even she – that is living there for years – could find Elkaza with that map. We had to call to the owner and finally we found it and we realize that we have been there before but the sign in the house saying Elkaza was turned to the main road and not to the path given by the map. We told that to the owner and she told us that there was another sign on the roof. But that one was also turned into the wrong direction…
- The breakfast was poor for 3 persons: in the last day we only received 5 bread slices (perhaps we should eat 1,6666667 slices each). We had 1 littler of orange juice at the fridge when we arrive there, but in the last day it disappeared and was replaced by a juice jar so we only got a glass each.
- The toilet paper run out in the last night and there wasn’t a reserve one.
Elkaza is not in the center, but is at reasonable walking distance (we recommend you to eat at Mamma’s House the waiter is very nice and the food is good at reasonable prices). Don’t expect a traditional Santorini view with is lovely white houses from Elkaza: it’s turned to the other side of the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Elkaza Villas, if you are looking for a home away from home you have found it. Our fully furnished home Villas are created accordingly to cover the needs and excite the mood of our valued guests. The smart location of the complex and the attractive surroundings makes this place ideal for couples, families or group of friends. The location of Elkaza villas is really a strategic place for those who wish to be close to the action of the center and nightlife but still a bit away from the crowds. The villas are located on the main street of Agiou Athanasiou and that means you can park your car or scooter just outside your house. Or you may park it and enjoy nightlife or sunset walks around on foot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, HostelWorld, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Elkaza Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elkaza Villas Santorini/Fira