“Great friendly family hotel”
Review of Dream Island Hotel

Dream Island Hotel
Ranked #16 of 81 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Great hotel within minutes walk into the town center, rooms are spacious with good facilities. A Family run hotel and are only to happy to make your stay enjoyable as our 4 year old daughter felt like she was back home in Australia,I'm sure Mackenzie will be back when she gets older.
Thank you.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Mark M

Reviewed 4 October 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here in September and I have to say it was FABULOUS! Georgia and her family were most welcoming...we were met at the airport by her lovely husband and taken to the hotel in a lovely minibus....where we met Konstantina their daughter who is studying tourism at university in Athens. Our room was gorgeous, spotless, comfy beds, with a little terrace overlooking the pool and ocean, the bathroom spacious with a decadent shower! We were an easy 10 min walk (max) to the town...only that long because I have just had another hip replaced!!!!
The pool was lovely, crystal clear, with really comfy loungers around it. The highlight of the stay was the wonderful breakfast which was included in the price...free water and lots of fresh fruit.
We were taken back to the airport...again all complimentary.

I found this hotel on Booking.com and I have to say it exceeded expectations! If I were to return to Santorini I would stay here and I encourage others to do the same. The only downside to Santorini...CRUISE SHIPS!!!! Too many in one day for this charming island but at least they clear off by 4pm!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!
1  Thank kroli
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Highly recommend. Could find no fault. Transfers from Airport. Fabulous location walking distance to shopping and Restaurants. Car hire close. Tastefully decorated and very welcoming family owners. Soooo sorry to leave.

Room Tip: Room 14 for a couple was excellent. Very comfortable bed, good wardrobe, large bathroom with shower...
1  Thank MaccaSol
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

Dream Island is a family run hotel. They even have a pet dog called Athena who lives at the hotel. The pool area is fantastic. There are hammocks, chairs, lounges and sun lounges aplenty. There are umbrellas and gazebos too. There is plenty of room and everything is immaculately clean. My room was lovely. It was right away in one corner and was so quiet and peaceful. The breakfast is plentiful, tasty and varied. All staff are friendly and so helpful. Dream Island is only 300-400m from the centre of Fira, but it's no big deal. I would definitely return to this fabulous hotel. I loved my visit.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in September, and loved the hotel.

The people/service: Georgia and her husband are friendly and wonderful. They made us feel at home, and Georgia, my husband and I had drinks at the small hotel bar the first night like we were old friends :) the groundskeepers were friendly and kept the hotel meticulously clean. The breakfast was delicious with many choices, and the woman in charge was friendly and hospitable (even went around to offer freshly squeeze orange juice right after she made it!) Additionally, there is free airport/port transfers.

The grounds: beautiful. nice size pool, with plenty of chairs and 2 hammocks to relax. Smallish hotel (less than 25 rooms), overlooking the water and some older parts of Santorini (you will see sunrise from this side).

Location- a 5 minute walk to the heart of Fira, where you can have all of the shops, restaurants, bars and sunsets you can hope for. rent an ATV/scooter- everyone does- and its a quick and fun way to see the island without waiting for a bus. there are several rental places only 2-3 blocks away.

rooms- beds were a little harder than im used to, but i still slept well. huge bathrooms, and a mini fridge.

this isnt a party/mingling hotel (at least when we were there)- most guests were quiet and kept to themselves-- but it was relaxing and beautiful!

anyone who says anything bad about this hotel is crazy. its not the Ritz, but its beautiful, convenient and has a wonderful family operating it!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jayjay1432
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We came to this hotel on our honeymoon from the UK and we were definitely not disappointed!
The owners were incredibly welcoming and accommodating.

Upon check in we were advised that we had been upgraded to a suite as we indicated on booking we would be on our honeymoon. The room was spacious and clean. The shower was also clean and water was always hot when showering

The pool area was consistently kept clean. The seating area around the pool was gorgeous, I made particularly good use of the hammock!

The breakfast to my surprise had a fantastic selection - fruits, cold meats, croissants, eggs, bacon etc.

Overall the stay was bliss, we were offered free transfers to and from the airport which was a bonus

The main square of fira is about 5 minute walk way. Hotel is definitely located in a prime position
A big thank you to this family owned business who made our honeymoon unforgettable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sunny T
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Very nice property in middle of most happening area in Santorini ... very nice rooms - all facing pool, small but very nice pool .... hotel is very nicely built and very well maintained, its a family run hotel .... very friendly service ... nice BF, comfy rooms - got small area out side each room facing pool, one can relax there for hours ... overall very good property ...

Room Tip: all rooms are facing pool ...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fira
Evgenia Villas & Suites
#7 of 81 in Fira
Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel
Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel
#1 of 21 in Firostefani

Been to Dream Island Hotel? Share your experiences!