We were two friends on a girls trip and stayed 4 nights at the Hotel Romantic, and couldn't have been happier with our choice. The cost is very low for the location, only a 10 minutes walk into downtown Fira and the Caldera. The owners are very friendly and make you feel at home. The breakfast is good, nothing extravagant for choices, but with quite a few options (eggs, fruit, delicious Greek yogurt, pastries) - much more than most people would have on a regular basis at home.
There is a mini fridge which is perfect for snacks and refreshments. The bathroom is a good size, smaller shower. Great big balcony off the bedroom to enjoy the quiet view, sunrises and sunsets.
When walking at night make sure you pay attention to oncoming traffic as you are walking along the street and some area are not lit well at all.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling on a budget
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Occupying a quiet location just off the lower main road in Fira Town, the Villa Romantic is a small family property offering comfortable accommodation at an affordable price. This friendly property is the perfect choice for guests looking for a homely environment. This family-run property has 11 guest rooms,all of which are neatly decorated. All of the rooms feature a balcony or offer access to the pretty courtyard.Villa Romantic is built in a traditional Greek style. Each of the rooms at Villa Romantic is well-furnished and appointed with Greek paintings, satellite TV and spacious balconies. Enjoy a great start to each day with a sumptuous continental breakfast included in your room rate. From the privacy of your balcony, admire beautiful views of the surrounding countryside and the sea. During the day you can soak up the sun around the spacious pool area or enjoy a Greek coffee at the relaxed pool.Take a short walk to Fira's vibrant main square and visit the many local shops and traditional restaurants and bars. Fira town square is just 800 metres (15minutes walking) away from Villa Romantic. Benefit from free wireless internet access in the public areas of Villa Romantic. There is also a PC in reception that you can use it with small extra cost. If you're driving around Santorini, you can also enjoy free private parking here. Villa Romantic can also arrange the rental of a car, bike or motorbike to help you easily explore the surrounding area. Villa Romantic provides a free minibus service to collect you from the airport or port at your arrival.(That service is free for only one way at the arrival). Reception open/08:00-24:00 Check in/24hours Continental breakfast served/08:30-10:00 and included fresh bread, orange juice, butter, marmalade, croissant, yogurt, coffee or tea or milk, fruit salad - compost and homemade cake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Romantic Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Romantic Hotel Fira
- Romantic Spa Resort Santorini/Fira