“Lovely family-owned hotel”

Ranked #12 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Sydney, Australia
“Lovely family-owned hotel”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at Evgenia Villas & Suites for 5 nights at the end of May 2014. Our flight from Athens arrived at 6am in the morning and we were greeted by friendly Chris who picked us up from the airport. All other hotels we looked at charged 25 Euros for each airport transfer, so having an airport transfer included in our accommodation was wonderful.

I will also mention that I booked our room at Evgenia Villas & Suites online and there was a bit of a misunderstanding about which room I booked. George went out of his way to ensure we were given our preferred room.
The room itself was quaint, clean and nicely decorated. Fresh towels were replaced every day and our room were tidied and cleaned very thoroughly.

Breakfast was served outside by the nice girls in the family and was simply lovely.
The pool area is really nice with cute outdoor furniture.

George also helped us hire a motorbike at a good price.

We enjoyed our time in Santorini so very much and would love to go back again one day. I would thoroughly recommend staying with George and his lovely family at Evgenia Villas & Suites; it really is amazing value for money and I can assure you that George and his family will go above and beyond to ensure their guests are happy.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Boerne, Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband and I spent four nights of our vacation to Greek Isles at Evgenia Villas & Suites and were terribly disappointed! Our room was terribly small, they did not replenish the soaps and shampoo while we were there, there was a ruckus of some sort two of the four nights we were there right next door(like 3:00am ) that woke both of us up, and it was soooo far from Fira to do anything. We would not stay there again!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tina2332
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed at Evgenia for 4 nights in July and it was the best place I have stayed at for a few reasons: Its clean and very well maintained! The facilities are excellent, perfect pool, towels and an all day menu. The rooms are great, comfortable beds, fridge, security safe and AC. Its a 10 minute drive to the airport which they will provide pickup/drop off (even at 5:30am), its also a 10 minute walk into Fira. What made my stay here even better, were the staff! George, Vina, Xristos and Elena. George is the manager and provided helpful tips and ideas of what to do and where to eat- George you should be very proud of the establishment you run and the professional people you have working for you! Xristos and Elena, these two are heart and soul of this place. They are always happy and it just makes everyone around them happy too. They would sit for a friendly chat, invite us out to see the town and were always around to take care of us- they made me feel apart of the family.Your professionalism and care you show your clients are invaluable. I will never forget my stay here and the memories. Thank you so much for being apart of the best trip I've had in a while.....I loved it so much, I accidentally packed my room keys! They are on there way back to you....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed for three nights here in June. Our two-room suite was perfect for us, a couple with a young adult son. The owner and staff, especially George and Chris, couldn't have been more helpful with tips, airport transfers (even at 5 am!) and printing boarding passes. Once we discovered back alley routes to the center of Fira and the village of Firostefani for sunset viewing, we could avoid the clamorous and dangerous streets. If only breakfast had been served in a less cramped room, with more choices and quicker refills, our stay would have been perfect!

Room Tip: Ask for one with a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Midvale, Utah
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The facilities and accommodations were more than adequate for our family of 3. We stayed at one of their triple rooms and it was very clean and cozy. My 9 year old son loved sleeping in his very own bed. The terrace adjoining the room was great for having coffee or drinks. The breakfast area at the back of the pool bar is also a great place to have a relaxing breakfast and enjoy the sights.

The staff are very friendly and courteous. George and Chris made every effort to make our stay at Evgenia very memorable. On our arrival, Chris picked up our party of 11 (6 adults and 5 kids) from the airport at 6:00AM and gave us tips on how to navigate the back streets of Fira to get to the city center quickly. He also gave us suggestions on where to eat.

On our last night, Chris brought me and my buddy (as we were hanging out in one of the sitting areas in the courtyard) a glass of the house wine from George's family's vineyard to try and it was really good. The next morning, Chris drove our party to the airport at 6:00AM. Now that's what I call "excellent service".

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joel O
Geisenheim
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Whenever I visit Santorini...I always choose to stay at Evgenia Villas&Suites.This year we stayed at the new villas..That was an experience,I must admit...decorated in a very stylish,yet traditional way the villa offered everything we needed for a pleasant,comfortable stay....George,the owner,who would always welcome us with a huge smile,was again there for us,ready to cover our every need...I feel the need to thank him again this year and just looking forward to seeing everyone again next year...cause we'll be returning there for sure...!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank missGM
cairns
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I checked out of this accommodation yesterday and already I miss it. It is the perfect location, far enough out of fira it's not too noisy but close enough that even with my broken foot I could walk to everything.

The staff were great and quickly moved me to a downstairs room seeing my injured foot. They were always willing to give you advice on restaurants tours or atvs.

The pool and bar are beautiful and me and my friends had a great time relaxing around the hotel.

My only complaint, and this is not with the hotel directly, Please just be careful of booking taxis on the island as if it is too short of a distance they will sting you with a high fee to compensate.

If I ever return to Santorini I will be back to see George and his friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fira
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
Anteliz Suites Santorini
Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel
Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel
#2 of 21 in Firostefani

Been to Evgenia Villas & Suites? Share your experiences!