When I booked this pathetic excuse of a "hotel" I was notified it was a non-refundable payment. This did not worry me as the hotel had impressive photos of the room decor, a swimming pool, terrace bar etc online. As I arrived, I was horrified to find this was not the case. I shall start from the beginning...
1. We waited at the local bus station for almost 2 hours to be picked up by someone at the hotel who never turned up. Eventually we were forced to find a taxi.
2. As we walked up to the "hotel" we found ourselves in the midst of a building site. With loose tiles, wheelbarrows, mounds of sand, drills and shovels all around us. I was beyond shocked, but nevertheless walked up to what I hoped was the reception.
3. The reception was ridiculously informal and disorganised. The lady behind the bar she called the "reception" could not speak a word of English and was rather rude and dismissive when we tried to communicate. We also noticed there was no pool and definitely no restaurant. Luckily, a family nearby could speak Greek and helped translate that the only room they had available was a double, when we had specifically booked and paid for a quadruple room with two double beds. The woman told us it was that, or our party of 3 would be split up into two rooms on opposite sides of the hotel. Regretfully, with no where else to say, we accepted the offer of the double room (which was not subsidised in the slightest).
4. We walked into our room to find dead cockroaches, stains in the bath, dirty towels, broken air con and thousands of flies all around us. Considering we were paying over €170 a night, this is not the standard of room we were expecting.
5. We decided to try and get a refund as we had been completely scammed by the false advertisement. One of the boys running the hotel on site openly admitted his boss had taken photos of another hotel and advertised it as Fira Blue Horizon. We were disgusted, and asked to speak to the boss immediately. He refused to come and discuss the situation with us and was most unhelpful. A man who clearly does not care about customer service. Eventually, we were lucky enough to find room elsewhere and fled the "hotel" as soon as we could. There was a very uneasy and unsafe atmosphere on the premises and I would not be happy to let my dog stay a night, let alone humans. KEEP AWAY AT ALL COSTS THIS PLACE SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fira Blue Horizon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fira Blue Horizon Santorini