“Great stay and lovely owners”
Review of Galatia Villas

Galatia Villas
Ranked #45 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel in september 2013 and it was a wonderful stay! We arrived by ferry therefore from the port to the hotel it took about 10-15 minutes by taxi and around 15 euros total. The location of Galatia is ideal as it is only a 5 minute walk to the main centre where all the restaurants, shops and nightlife is. Although we were on the ground floor and did not have any view, the cute, modern and most importantly, impeccable room were all we needed. The room was cleaned every day and the bathroom was completely renovated with plenty of running hot water (which is always nice :) ). However, as you're showering, be careful not to touch the valves or riser as they are extremely hot (it might not be the case for every room but it is so for # 11)!! The wi fi works wonderfully throughout the entire hotel and a nice touch was the dvd player we had in the room, and tons of DVD's to choose from and borrow from the reception. Overall, we had a great experience in this hotel and the owner and his sons are extremely welcoming and kind. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it without a doubt!

**Its worth mentioning that the hotel is off the main road, going down a little steep hill therefore if you have any sort of difficulty walking, its something to keep in mind.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank L M
There are newer reviews for Galatia Villas

Reviewed 4 October 2013

After reading all the highly rated reviews for this hotel most of you are probably wondering how somebody could give the hotel a "Terrible" rating. I had booked one of the economy doubles and based on all the excellent reviews was really looking forward to my stay at Galatia Villas.

I don't know if the management tried to take advantage of me since I was a solo traveler, or if they overbooked by mistake. But the room they gave me was horrible. It was not one of the newer economy rooms that I had reserved. What it was was an outdated studio apartment above a garage. First I had to lug my luggage up a steep narrow staircase. Then had had to weave my way through multiple rows of laundry drying out on clothes lines just to get to the room. The room had an extremely low ceiling with strange florescent light fixtures. The furniture was 1970's era at the earliest. There was no shower curtain, so everything got wet in the bathroom when i took a shower.

I feel management show of informed me if in fact they did overbook for that nigh, so I would know what I was going to receive for a room. It is kind of a shock to expect one thing and then get another. If not, I feel this was misleading and fraudulent. By the time I had I arrive I was too tired to look for another room and there probably would not have been any available anyway. After complaining, they did reduce my bill by 15 euros a night, but I do not feel that this was adequate.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank Chunky_C_916
Reviewed 1 October 2013

The location is not very good (you have to walk quite a bit to get to town and you need to take a bus to get to the beaches). The staff is super friendly. The room itself is okay, little but clean. You get what you pay for. The swimming pool is astonishingly small.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Julia C
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This is a family run villa and we felt right at home. It was clean, gorgeous and quiet. It was very close to all the amenities of Fira and they owners had fanastic tips on where to eat and what to see. They called us taxis and made our stay worry free. The owners went out of their way to make our trip a memorable one. We will recommend this to everyone!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank helenabarbesin
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Great service by the owners always helpfull and ready to help. As I found in most places durning my holidays in Greece.
Room was very clean, spacious and all looked new. A very value for what we got.
The villa has a certain charm to it with attention to details, candels lit at night, pool towls at the pool area, etc.
It´s about a 15 minute walk to the centre of town and local buses to many parts of the island.
I would say the only draw back of this place is it´s location as Santorini is alll about the view of the caldera, so if this is your first time to Santorini and you´re willing to pay more of course then choose another place. As from the Galatia Villas you have no view to the caldera or any other nice view at all.
Overall a pleasant stay, but on my next trip here would definitely choose a place with a caldera view the most impressive view I´ve ever seen.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We would definitely stay here again. The price was great. The location was a reasonable walk from the caldera. The family owners of the hotel were gracious and helpful. They had lots of advice for places to visit and how to get around the island.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan M
Reviewed 11 September 2013

The owner was the most helpful on what to do there and where to eat.
The rooms were cleaned everyday and the property was impeccable. It's a beautiful villa.
The bathrooms are a little small . But your at a perfect distance to the main square of fira.
The only bad thing I have to say is that the bed was a little hard.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple