“Nice place”

Koukoumavlos Fine Dining Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 188 Restaurants in Fira
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Koukoumavlos Fine Dining Restaurant was established in 1989 in Santorini, by Chef Nikos Pouliasis. Through the years it was acclaimed as one of the best gourmet restaurants in Greece and is awarded with Torque d’Or every year. The dinning hall impresses with its elegant Art Deco style. It exudes a baroque essence. From the terrace guests enjoy amazing vistas of the Santorini volcano and the impressive caldera. Nikos Pouliasis is famous for his artistry with food and his ability to reinvent himself. He invites fine dining lovers on extraordinary gastronomic journeys. He is a fun of creativity, change, spontaneity but also perfectionism and precision. His food is evolutionary and he always finds numerous ways to explore flavors and ingredients so as to create exciting, highly original, dishes.
“Nice place”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent view, perfect setting and very friendly staff. Some of the plates were amazing, like the burgers or the soup. Some others were a bit indifferent like the risotto and the rib eye... Not impressed in general

• Greek first
Leuven, Belgium
“Not as expected”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I made reservations weeks in advance to make sure we had a spot there to celebrate my birthday with my boyfriend. When we arrived, we were treated very well. Everything service wise was perfect. But when we got the food we ordered, it was somehow dissapointing. Very weird combinations that didn't all work very well. Seems like they try and really want to be gastronomical and special but somehow just can't deliver.
They did offer me a candle and stuff on my dessert so as an example of service. But I just didn't enjoy it the way I expected I would.

1 Thank Marliesje77
Athens
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The first course ( i.e. Duck burgers with fois gras and truffle) was excellent! Then we had an - allegedly black cod with risotto! I doubt that it was a black cod and I wonder why they had to melt the risotto and present it as soup!!!
And then, we tried my wife's choice: RIB EYE! WE COULD NOT CHEW IT! It was full of fat !
We told the waitress and they just offered us a mousse chocolate with olive pate and persian salt? Are they crazy?
And for one first course and two main dishes with one glass of wine 120 euro?
The worst culinary experience in Santorini!!!

2 Thank Terasti0s
Athens, Greece
“Koukoumavlos Best in Class Once Again on Santorini”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Year after year, Chef Nikos Pouliasis creates and presents the finest gourmet dining on Santorini in the capital of Fira...and in my humble opinion, the best dining experience on the Island.

I've been excited to explore the menu at this historic restaurant for many years now and am always incredibly delighted to see the menu evolve each year to present truly dramatic and delicious plates catered for the gourmand, at reasonable prices.

This year's new menu items include an amazing Spaghetti with cherries, coconut milk, lime, vanilla and cashews.

Another new mouth-watering and astonishing plate is the Salmon Fillet marinated in maple syrup, ginger and soya sauce accompanied with cauliflower mousse line.

Another new and dramatic plate features Santorinian tomato ball soufflé, beef fillet carpaccio
slightly smoked with organic hay, spicy local
Chloro cheese sauce, summer truffle and cherry
tomato confit.

But I expect the new Mini Duck Burgers with grilled foie gras, truffle mustard and strawberry candies and Loukoumi will win Chef Nikos more awards, as it is award-worthy and absolutely memorable!

Niko's award-winning Scampi in white chocolate sauce remains a favourite for locals and tourists alike, with ginger, lime, golden herring caviar and green apple carpaccio and I was so pleased to devour this outstanding plate once again.

Along with the award-winning and amazingly creative plates is a location second to none on the Island.

Perched on the edge of the Santorini Caldera, the view from the Koukoumavlos balcony allows great views from every table of the world-famous Santorini sunsets.

To complete this unique and world-class dining experience is the warm, welcoming and professional service of the Koukoumavlos staff: Johanna, Daniela, Dimitrious and Anna, who take Greek hospitality to the next level and will make you feel that choosing to dine at Koukoumavlos was the best decision you made after deciding to travel to magnificent Santorini!

Athens, Greece
“Great place with very tasty food”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I went to the specific restaurant with my girlfriend last week and the experience was very good. the staff were perfect and the food was tasty and well presented. I would highly recommend it for a romantic dinner with your partner/friend if you are willing to spend a bit extra. would certainly go back