“Adirondack Gateway Campground and Lodge”
Review of Adirondack Park

Adirondack Park
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest park in the lower 48 states offers year-round outdoor and indoor environmental activities for all ages.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here, address Cold Brook, NY, and had upgraded to a cabin as it was extremely soggy when we got there. They were very welcoming and the scenery was spectacular! We got up early to continue our journey from Arkansas to New Hampshire and the whole experience of driving through the Adirondack mountains was a beautiful experience. I would love to come back and explore the area more thoroughly. The American Legion in Poland, NY was very friendly with excellent Fish Fry on Friday. Thank you so much

2  Thank KareenTurner72
"mountain"
"land"
"beauty"

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Most people have heard about the Adirondacks but few have been there. Imagine over 6.5 millions acres of protected land with smart development in small towns throughout the park.It is a great combination of protected lands with access to homes and businesses in the small towns spread throughout the park. There are so many activities to do here that you could spend a lifetime here and never exhaust them. From hiking, biking, boating, fishing, water skiing, mountain biking, zipling, swimming, to downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, skating, snowshoeing, ice fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, and many, many other activities. This a truly a year round place that can keep you occupied all the time and is also a hidden gem.

2  Thank JohnCChar
Reviewed 31 January 2014

While I was stationed in NY last year, I made several trips to the Adirondacks to hike some of the 46ers. The trails range from driving to the top of Whitehead, to a full day of mostly bush-whacking. There's so much green everywhere, and the park has no admission!
I thoroughly enjoyed day hiking to the top of Mt. Marcy and back from the Garden Parking lot trailhead! There are also plenty of areas for camping there :)

I recommend staying at the Keene Valley Hostel, near the Roostercomb trailhead. I think it was only about $20-$25 a night, the hosts live across the yard and are incredibly nice and informative, you'll more than likely meet some wonderful people, and the common areas are excellent.

4  Thank David G
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I spent the day in the Adirondack Park yesterday, which it someplace I rarely visit in the winter months. The Adirondacks are just as pretty during the winter months as in the summer; stark mountains stabbing into a wonderfully blue sky, snow-covered spruce trees and magically-white snow-covered lakes. This entire area is huge, gorgeous, and thankfully underutilized. I'm almost glad that many people, even among New Yorkers, do not know of its raw beauty and grandeur. (That leaves more for us!) There are also lots of winters sports to be enjoyed here. I can't wait to come back up with my ice fishing rig!

1  Thank Larry W