“One day getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rosario, Argentina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“One day getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I was staying at the city of Albany and I spend here the day but if you can stay more time, you won´t regret.
You can enjoy trails for skiers or just walk around with snow shoes.
I was in winter, the landscape was wonderfull, snow and pines, small river, frozen lake.
And a warm place when you finish your walk.

Visited December 2013

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Relaxing and fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Technology is not needed; how I love those fleeting days at Lapland. This is our second year in the fall and we absolutely loved the peace and quiet. Quiet lake, great trails. We had as much fun leaf peeping as we did searching for unusual fungi and shrooms. Loved seeing Olavi and Ann and all their 'family,' including their furry kids.

Visited October 2013
Albany, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Old school getaway with Finnish touch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

My family and I have frequented Olavi and Ann's cross country facility a number of times during the winter. In the early morning the place is magical. There seems to be more snow there, better snow. Our most recent trip to Lapland was in August and, naturally, the vista was emerald green rather than sparkling white. There is a quiet lake with a charming beach area at the far end of the trail loop. The cabins, called "tupas," are quaint, clean, and comfortable. Although they appear to be from the 1950’s era, they are surprisingly accommodating- cool in the summer and cozy in the winter. The lodge offers a friendly environment, rental equipment, and a sauna with shower. There is also a tupa that serves as a sort of restaurant. We highly recommend Lapland. Its old school, Finnish charm seems to harken back to a simpler, more wholesome experience. We look forward to returning soon.

Visited August 2013
DC
“Almost Heaven on XC Skiis at Lapland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

Ya know, "Almost Heaven," was the tourist theme for West Virginia on the late 70's, when ski trails was any place there was snow on the ground and what passed for haute cuisine in Davis WVA was Heinz beans out of a can. Well, Lapland created their version of "Heaven on Snow"about the same time thru a lot of hard work and it is still as close to perfect today for XC Skiing as is possible on this earth (ie no cellphone service). I made a XC-Ski ABout last winter in the Cascades (Bend & Three Sisters), Vermont including Trapp Lodge XC, WhiteGrass WVA and one of the oldest Garnet Hill in North River NY. No one, but no one had the natural beauty of Arnold Palmer like hand-crafted trails and no..body but nobody maintains them, daily. like Ole at Lapland. And no one can hold a candle to their hospitality as Ann and Ole the owners. My only regret was that I never made it to Lapland to ski with my uncle before he passed away. But as Ann the co-owner said to me, he was with you in spirit. Just maybe! Treat yourself for a day or multi-day visit and stay at one of the housekeeping camps (they also deliver wonderful food to your cabin). I did and loved every minute of it including a night ski under the lights with light snow falling to their very own frozen lake. It doesn't get any better than that.

Visited March 2013
laplandlake, Manager at Lapland Lake Cross Country Ski Center, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Here we sit in the lovely Adirondacks in beautiful springtime, looking forward to welcoming our summer season guests and to enjoying long, lazy summer days...and your review has made us pine for the winter! You have painted such a perfect picture, and we are beyond pleased that you loved your stay with us. Your experience is precisely why we do what we do. Thank you for sharing.
Fulton County
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderfull”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Great place for a getaway. Nice cabins, great hosts, peaceful quiet and relaxing. Leave the noise behind and stay here