“great place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 2 Norwich B&B and Inns
Rochelle Park, New Jersey
“great place to stay”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I have stayed at Fred's Lodge many, many times. I find the accomodations to be spacious, clean and very comfortable. Love the fact that they have a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Theyalso have free WI-fi, coffee maker, ironing board & iron . Fred's Inn is one of my favorite places for dining. The food has always been consistantly good and the service has been impeccable. Lots to do and see in the area and it is my first choice when going to Norwich. Can't wait for my next visit.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Hackensack
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Staying at Fred's Inn was not only convenient for us but the room was clean, the staff were friendly and quite professional. The food in the restaurant was great and they were very accommodating to my diet. We will stay there again for sure. Thank you.

Room Tip: Just ask and they will help you.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Bogota, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I visit Fred's Inn frequently while visiting the area, and have never had a bad experience. The rooms are clean and comforable, maid service is excellent, and the restaurant is top-notch. The bar area is comfortable and casual, while the dining rooms are elegant, but not uptight. Service is friendly and efficient. It is always an enjoyable stay.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank RVT13
New Berlin, New York, United States
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We rented the Jacuzzi suite the tub was filthy there was trash under the bed overall it was nasty and over priced as well. We also had there buffet the only good thing on it was the tossed salad and the deserts the prime rib was so over cooked it was like eating shoe leather my over all experience was awful. I would defiantly not recamend this place at all you are better off at HO-JO'S up the road. I have never been so dissaponted with a place as I was with this place.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Luckybunny65

Travellers are raving about these Norwich hotels

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 15 September 2012

We stayed at Fred's when we visited my mother since my kids are allergic to my mother's cat. We got a two-bedroom unit that had a kitchen. The room was spacious but very dirty around the edges and lots of dead bugs in the corners. One of the two double beds was broken in some way and it caused the mattress to sag like a hammock. Needless to say, I did not sleep well. Maybe other rooms are better but the room we had was pretty bad. I would not stay in this room again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Lock-Man65
Wantagh, NY
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I stayed at Freds on during Hall of Fame Week at Cooperstown. The Reception area is in the bar as some have posted, but they assist you almost immediately when you walk through the door. Use the door along State Highway Twelve the other door from the parking lot takes a lot of turns to get where you need to be. Walk right up to the corner of the bar and someone will help you.

I had room 18 and when I walked in I expected something much less than what I was in. The room was clean, nicely sized and appointed well with above normal grade furniture than I expected from an upstate NY Motel. The room however did smell like men's cologne and i wondered if someone dropped cologne on the floor or if the Freds Staff was trying to cover something up. The AC was already on, relatively new and did not make a lot of noise. The bed was definately not new, but was comfortable and clean.

Noise was heard from other rooms, but not to the level that it kept me awake or was annoying in any way. I can see some people being bothered by it if they are light sleepers. Room Eight as someone has posted is right between the two stairs leading upstairs so that one probably has more noise than any other room. The bathoom was clean and the bathtub was relatively new.

The bar was good, they have Horse Racing and Keno hookups so that you can bet on the races or play Keno. It draws some local in who were very nice and friendly. I didn't eat any food here so I can't comment on that.

All in all Freds was above average, not great but certainly not bad. The one policy they had that I did not appreciate was that during Hall of Fame Induction week they charge $89 a room not refundable if you cancel. If I go to that area again I would stay there again and hope for a better rate.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank John S
Milford, New York
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We stayed here for 2 months and enjoyed our stay. We had several rooms for our crews. They got to know us personally and treated us like family. The rooms were perfect for our needs and they kept them clean.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Pete J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwich
Hampton Inn Oneonta
Pillow and Pantry B&B
Pillow and Pantry B&B
#1 of 2 in Sherburne
The 1810 Juliand House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Fred's Inn? Share your experiences!