“nice for the price”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Nyack
Phila Pa
“nice for the price”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Spent 2 days and had no problems. The roof in the dining room was leaking from a heavy rain so hopefully they will take of that, but we had no major issues here. The rooms were affordable and looked nice. You should DEFINITELY check out the Palisades Center Mall a mile down the road. It's the 8th largest in the world and it was incredible. We just happened on it looking for a place to have dinner after a day in Sleepy Hollow. Tons of stores and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank coasterallday

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Udine, Italy
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Back again! The atmosphere was lovely as always, the staff at the hotel was very nice and helpful. The room was very comfortable, and the location was perfect.
The food at the restaurant was superb. You don't want to miss the desserts by Lisa, in particular.
Free newspaper was a nice touch!

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We highly recommend this hotel when you're traveling through, or visitng the Nyack/Hudson Valley area. We were looking for a place to spend the night at the midway point of our trip back home from Cape Cod, MA. when we hit a mid-week, evening rush traffic jam at the western end of the Tappan Zee bridge. I spotted the Best Western sign and quick got off the expressway. The lobby was bright and welcoming, as was the desk clerk. We requested and received a quiet room as we wanted to get a good night's rest before continuing or journey the next day. The price was reasonable, and we even got an AARP discount. The room was clean and roomy, and had all the standard amneities. After resting up a bit we went to the attached West Gate restuarant. The desk clerk had given us a 10% off coupon. I ordered a bowl of minestrone soup that really hit the spot. The Mrs. got the chicken rice soup and I heard no complaints. For the entrees, we each got a Strawberry Grilled Chicken Salad, which was loaded with tender, juicy chicken and a nice variety of mixed leafy greens. The waiter, a very nice young man with a sense of humor to match, told us they were out of the special strawberry dressing, but we ordered the salads anyway with one of the standard dressings. A few minutes later he comes back with a terrific raspberry/strawberry vinaigrette just like the one we use at home. During dinner, the desk clerk comes to our table and upgrades our breakfast vouchers from continental to full as part of a new policy - another surprise. Later we peeked into the lounge, and were greeted by one of the owners. He gave us a history of the hotel, as well as a special tour of the large, original oil murals lining the walls. They are unique, over-sized reproductions of famous works. Those with portraits use the faces of the founders and the rest of the family now running the enterprise. It was a very nice way to end our daylong drive across MA and CT.

Room Tip: There appear to be lots of quiet rooms, but ask specificqlly to make sure.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Two-Baby-Boomers
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the best western. We have heard about the west gate lounge famous for their Latin events. The entire weekend package consisted of hotel room, dinner, flowers, entrance to the lounge, VIP seating, dancing to an amazing live band. We both had a great time! The staff was very helpful and enthusiastic in letting us know when and what time everything was going to start. It apparently is a family run business. Our king size room was clean, with a nice size refrigerator, coffee maker, a microwave - and we loved the new flat screen TV. We were pleasantly surprised with all these room amenities! The next morning we went into the cafe for breakfast. It boasts a full menu with brewed coffee, eggs, real breakfast food cooked right there and fresh baked muffins. Needless to say for the price, the evening, lounge, dancing, and breakfast. this was the best value and a most enjoyable weekend. My wife was pleased!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank piclens
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 June 2012 via mobile

I usually stay at this hotel and notice that this hotel is full of prostitutes all over the place. I guess they had a guest by the name of Erica staying in the room i was in before me and a large male starting knocking at my door, i told him i wasnt her thru the window because i was to scared to open the door. He starting knocking harder and harder, i called the front told the girl to send someone to my room, she took 8 minutes to get someone over, by then this man almost broke the door. They never called the police. Then the next day they told me i was responsible to pay for the door, mind you they told me this only after i paid $120 and walked back to the new room that they switched me to and told me i had to check-out. They didnt give me a reason and they kept my money. A lady named Donna said that since it was cash i she wasnt allowed to refund me. All i know is that i will never go back and i will never recomend this hotel to anyone ever again, and BEWARE IF U STAY THERE BECAUSE THEY HAVE SOME SORT OF PROSTITUTION RING.. THEY PUT THEM ALL IN THE BACK BUILDING, AND THEY HAVE CAMERAS JUST FOR SHOW BECAUSE ONE OF THE WORKERS FROM THE KITCHEN SAID THEY DONT WORK. HORRIBLE HOTEL..

• Stayed June 2012
41 Thank happygolucky0101

Travellers are raving about these Nyack hotels

Glendale, California
Reviewed 1 June 2012

My family and I enjoyed our stay very much. Hotel management and staff were very friendly. Cozy, nice, clean hotel with a good affordable price. Restaurant and lounge have a great atmosphere. The restaurant serves good, homemade food with excellent live music. It was very close to the New York City Highway and TapanZee Bridge. I recommend this place to anyone who is traveling in the area. I will be staying here again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Laura D
Eastern U.S.
Reviewed 7 May 2012

On May 1, 2012, my co-worker found an adult bedbug on the bathroom floor in Room 158. (I was in room 157 and did not find any). We brought it up to the front desk and the housekeeping manager recognized it immediately and confirmed it was indeed a bedbug. She was puzzled because she stated, "Room 158? We never had bedbugs in THAT room before!".

What made the situation inexcusable was that the front desk clerk acknowledged it and went right back to work. No apology, no offer to change rooms, nothing. And then, when the housekeeping manager found out that it was found on the bathroom floor, she kept refuting our story stating that it's impossible to have been found on the bathroom floor. (We're biologists, we know that adult bedbugs migrate to new areas, crossing over any part of a house/hotel to get there...). It was like pulling teeth to have them get my co-worker another room, but we did get one. When I called the hotel later that morning to speak with the manager, he didn't pick up and so I left a very civil voice-mail message. No call back.

So, this hotel apparently has bedbugs and has had bedbugs in other rooms, they have a front desk staff that is completely untrained to deal with an issue like this, an arrogant housekeeping manager, and a hotel manager that just ignores their guests' concerns.

(As an aside, I found 5 condom wrappers and wads of tissues behind the nightstand in my room. We never stayed there another night despite the changed room, and switched to a different hotel in a different town).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
12 Thank AMECTraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nyack
The Time Nyack
Hampton Inn Nanuet
#2 of 5 in Nanuet
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh
Candlewood Suites - Nanuet

Been to West Gate Inn Nyack? Share your experiences!