“Good value”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Nyack
Hong Kong
“Good value”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Got off the highway and first went to the Best Western which cost more than we wanted to pay. Then went to Super 8 - which proved to be clean, comfortable and just what we needed. OK-ish continental breakfast included. Drove off in the morning feeling rested and good.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 August 2012

There are about 4 hotels in and right outside Nyack on Route 59. My get-away weekend was to stay inn (pun intended) a hotel near Main Street, Nyack. From the parking lot of one of these hotels, I used my Samsung Galaxy to search and call all the hotels. The prices were $169, $149, and $119. One of them did not have a discounted AAA rate, because, as the receptionist said: the hotel is booked. But there was a room available to me. But without a AAA discount. Who needs a wordy run-around? Super 8 was the cheapest at $89, plus 10% AAA discount. As I drove into the parking lot, I almost turned around. The parking lot and the vestibule have a seedy appearance. But the room, shower head pressure, cleanliness, free breakfast, free internet, were all excellent. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank gimmieshelter
Hedgesville, West Virginia
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I have been traveling between MD/WV and MA for 6 years and this Super 8 is a favorite, economical place to stay when I'm tired of driving. West Nyack also has some great restaurants. The motel is close to the Interstate, the rooms are continually being renovated, the place is clean and quiet.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We were travelling from North Carolina to New England, and did not know how far we would get.
I had checked reviews on a couple of motels near Nyack. This hotel was in the AAA book, with 2 stars. We called them from in front of another Super 8 about 15 miles away from Nyack that would not accept a coupon. They had a vacancy. The price was higher than I had remembered when I checked the Wyndham website; they said that was the online only price. My husband was tired of driving, so we went to the Super 8 in Nyack. It was behind a closed KFC building that had a blue roof, so it had been something else also. You have to be careful to get the correct driveway. Our room looked out onto a neighboring two story residence. If we didn't keep the blinds closed they could see into our room. So we had to keep the blinds closed And they had a barking dog. Luckily the noise from the air conditioner drowned it out most of the time. But the a/c was very noisy so we had to keep it off at night. The breakfast was sparse. I would call it non-existent. We went to a local IHOP and spent more than we would at an IHOP near home. When we drove back to the hotel I noticed how run down the surrounding area is. The driveway and parking lot had chunks out of it, and the front doors were squeaking and seemed to be almost off the hinges. I actually felt unsafe. There seemed to be very few rooms occupied. I was glad we were only there one night and were leaving early in the morning. The proprietor insisted we give a review on Trip Advisor, so I am. My husband noticed that later on the trip, 2 nights in Richmond, Virginia were only $20 more than one night at this Super 8. If we make the trip up North again, we will make sure we either travel before or after Nyack before we are ready to stop for the night.

Room Tip: Try to not get a room facing the back, where there are houses. The front rooms would look out onto...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Nyack hotels

Yaphank, New York
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I was in town visiting friends. I stayed Sat. and Sun. eve the end of July. I wanted cheap, no frills, and that is what I got. The attendees were friendly, and even offered to open an outside door closer to my room. I am 55 and have trouble walking. The breakfast was cold cereal, a few yogurts, Eggo waffle, packaged cinnamon buns, white and whole wheat bread, butter, jelly and syrup. There was also orange and apple juice, milk, coffee and tea. There was a microwave and toaster. Off the hallway, was a room with vending machines and an ice machine. My room had two full size beds, 2 chairs and a desk. It was clean and suited my needs. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2012

My family and myself spent our Victoria weekend at New York and we stayed at Super 8 Nyack and then proceeded to NY. Our experience at Super 8 Nyack was extremely wonderful. The staff (Kamlesh, Joshi, Barry, etc. with whom I dealt was super cooperative). The breakfast for the price is truly a super deal. Very clean rooms. We shall be frequent visitors there for sure.
Thank you.

Room Tip: Exception Breakfast for the price.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Mexico, NY
Reviewed 9 March 2012

The front desk was helpful and friendly, however the hotel is old and run-down. Would probably have been bearable, but at the moment someone is being arrested in the hall outside our room.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nyack
West Gate Inn Nyack
Candlewood Suites - Nanuet
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Spring Valley

Been to Super 8 Nyack NY? Share your experiences!