“it's fine. it's a Super 8.”
Review of Super 8 Nyack NY

Super 8 Nyack NY
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Nyack
Reviewed 23 December 2013

If you need to overnight it in Nyack your options are limited.
Super 8 or Best Western. The Super 8 is a couple hundred feet farther away from "downtown Main Street" than the Best Western but still very walk-able, and cheaper.
You won't get the Four Seasons, but it is what it is - it was fine. The room was clean, the staff was very nice, and I didn't feel "icky" sleeping in the bed (and I'm one to opt for a more expensive room if it means I don't have to stay in a motel).
Also, on Saturday nights, the Best Western has a DJ. I have no idea what this means, but I don't like much about that scenario.
The walls in the Super 8 are paper thin though. I was unhappy to be awoken at 3am to the sounds of our neighbors' bed hitting the wall rhythmically, so going forward if possible, I'd request a room away from other occupants.
We had a mini-fridge and microwave though, so that was cool.

Room Tip: north side faces a highway. dunkin donuts nearby. also bring sugar packets. The in room coffee fi...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank plowed

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Simple but very satisfactory. Excellent buy for visits to New York or as a stop from New England to points south. Rooms are spacious. Price/value rate is unbeatable.

Good handicapped accommodations.

Good local transportation and great shopping nearby.

Room Tip: Set back from the road, so either back or front is fine.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Super 8 Nyack NY located in a good location near Pelisades shopping center.
Rooms are clean and spruced and beds are comfortable but no in room microwave (as promised in reservation),no refrigerator,dining room without chairs(?!) but breakfast is pretty good.
Did I mentioned moderate Super 8 ?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed in this motel from Oct. 3 to Oct.6 2013. Our stay was very pleasant. The room was clean and a nice size. The people at the desk were very friendly and helpful. The location was great for visiting the other towns. It was also very quiet. The only negative would be the breakfast. I can say that it was okay for me, but my husband thought that there should be more. They are in the process of upgrading their bathrooms which will make it even nicer. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

After we checked in and went to our room the key did not work. After we got the door opened we were greeted with the stench of cigarette smoke. We immediately went back to request a non smoking room. We were told there were no more rooms, and with only one car in the lot, I found that to be peculiar. My wife is a cancer survivor and we needed another room. We were told to open the window. We paid cash and did not want to loose the money on the room so my wife said we should stay. So I went to open the window, we were on the first floor, and the screen was broken half hanging out of the track. That made me feel unsafe. So that option was out. I turned on the AC to get the stuffiness out of the room. I put it on 66. Well guess what? It did not cool off the room. The good news is there was a brand new refrigerator and microwave in the room. The bad news. We couldn't use them because there was no place to plug them in. I think they were just for decoration. Upon checkout the same clerk was back and said, "goodbye." Not, I hope your stay was good or, have a safe trip home, nothing personable at all.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 27 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nyack
West Gate Inn Nyack
#1 of 2 in Spring Valley
Courtyard by Marriott Tarrytown Westchester County
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nanuet

Been to Super 8 Nyack NY? Share your experiences!