“Best Hotel on the Island!!!!”

The Palms Hotel Fire Island
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ocean Beach
East Islip, New York
“Best Hotel on the Island!!!!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I had the ultimate pleasure to stay at the palm last year 2013. It was such wonderful experience the Hotel is Beautiful, the Staff is beyond AMAZING!!!!! I can't wait to come back May 22,2014
for a well needed pampering & a great meal & many cocktails. I can't thank the staff for changing my reservation a million times for me. See you all for Happy Hours!!!!! Thanks Again!

Room Tip: •"Rooms on the south side are quieter" •"Corner suites are large and sunny"...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank jmhgypsy3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Brentwood, New York
Reviewed 19 May 2014

On May 10th my daughter gave me and 6 of my friends a gift for a suite at The Palms Hotel - Ocean Beach - Fire Island. I am 75 years old and the ladies that went with me were in the same age group. We got off the ferry at 10:15 a.m. and was greated by the staff with RED WAGONS to take our luggage to the hotel. We marched throught the town like we were celebrities to our destination of the Chelsea Suite in the courtyard of the hotel. We were like little kids when we got inside running from room to room (each more beautiful then the last), placing claim on where we were going to sleep for the night. The staff was so accommodating with all of our needs (and there were many) from "Oh its cold in here can you put the heat on?", "does the TV work?", and "Are there handtowels for the bathroom?" Every wish we made was quickly handled. Thank you Kerri, Ken, Mike, Karly, Karen - and the list goes on.
For lunch we went to CJ's which The Palms Hotel owns and had a awesome lunch with the best fish and chips around (made that day with fresh Halibut that was delivered the day before). Again the staff at CJ's were attentive to all of our needs.
At night my daughter organized a cocktail party in the courtyard to take place at 5:00 p.m., but at about 4:00 p.m. mother nature had different plans and the skies opened up and the wind kicked up and the rain came down and the tents in the courtyard went airbound. Yet, by 5:30 p.m. the skies cleared, the courtyard had new tents put up and the furniture was wiped down and dried. This staff is just AMAZING....
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, you all made a group of ladies (who decided to call ourselves The Golden Girls) very happy to spend time on the Island and with such wonderful people in the best place on Fire Island. Thank you Laura and Chris xoxoxo

Room Tip: Suites in the courtyard on Cottage were awesome, your in the center of the town
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dianesmom
Ronkonkoma, New York
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My wife, daughter, and I stayed at The Palms in July 2013, love it! The Staff was very friendly and made our vacation fantastic. Called today to make a reservation for July 2014, Carly at the Front Desk who made our reservation LY remembered me, now that Customer Service! Look forward to another great week at The Palms with the family!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Ronny S
Wantagh, New York
Reviewed 5 April 2014

It is with great pleasure to write a review for the Palms Hotel. My husband and I were married at the Palms Bay Beach September 14, 2013. Laura and Karly were fantastic throughout the entire process! Staying at the Palms Hotel was perfect! It is by far, the best place to stay in Ocean Beach! Fabian, Alex and Ken at the front desk were very helpful. We had our rehearsal dinner at the Palms Bay Courtyard. Laura and Alex (the head Chef at CJ's) worked with us to ensure we would have it the way we imagined! Our ceremony took place at the Palms Bay Beach! I wasn't one of those girls who grew up dreaming of her wedding day but as it was all coming together I realized this was it!! Everything looked so beautiful!! Laura suggested I use Deborah from the Gallery to have her do our flowers. Deborah was an absolute pleasure to work with! Laura and Karly were always steering us in the right direction and we were so thankful as we didnt have a wedding planner! Everyone really payed attention to detail. Karly (The Events Coordinator at the Palms) was my "go to girl!" Any time I had a question or concern she was on it! She helped us a great deal and is a wonderful person! We enjoyed hanging out at CJ's too. Emily, Joe, Diane and Matt quickly became our friends! We ended up bringing our guests to CJ's after our reception and Laura put out complimentary appetizers! It was perfect! Everyone had so much fun! If you are thinking of having a beach wedding this is the place to have it! My husband and I started planning our wedding with the Palms Staff and during the process we gained many friends! We cant say enough about the Palms Hotel and it's staff. It just made it a bit harder to say goodbye. We will be back this summer to hang with the crew for sure :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Patricia D
Hauppauge, New York
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We can't say enough about the quality of the service and accommodations that the Palms provides. We've been visiting for several years now and each year, they seem to improve upon, and add to, this place. We've stayed at virtually every type of room that they have to offer from the smaller rooms to the luxurious cottages and suites, and each have been perfectly maintained. The service that they provide is beyond what one would expect at a typical Ocean Beach hotel. The staff are incredibly eager to help with whatever your needs may be. Although I really enjoy staying in the Bay side, we occasionally require the larger Cottages to accommodate the family, so we stay in the main hotel area. Each area has its own advantages, but fortunately, if you're staying in one area, you can take advantage of the others without a problem. We were really happy that the Palms group took over control of the restaurant/bar CJ's last season and have enjoyed dining there. In all the years that we've been staying, we've never had any issues. The owners, Laura, and her husband, Chris, I think, are always very welcoming and treat us like friends each time we visit. We're counting the days for the season to start back up until we can get back over to see what new treat they have in store for us.

Room Tip: Bay rooms are great with fantastic views. The cottages and suites at the main hotel are incredibly...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Meadowlark2014
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Myself and a few girlfriends went to Fire Island for the weekend. We booked one of those cottages they have- to say the least it was AMAZING. The staff helped with everything, and we were right near the main hotel so the staff renting beach chairs and wagons was always there! There was some sand on the floor in the room well more like apartment- what do you expect it's a beach hotel. I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know I will be back this summer

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Ladybee23
East Hampton, New York
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We love Fire Island, it is our quick family getaway from our home just 50 miles away. The cliché about Fire Island is something like it is a vacation in your back yard (certainly for Long Islanders and Tri-Staters). If you have not been, GO! Beautiful beaches, unpretentious "villages" (think Walnut Grove and Ma and Pa) and NO driving! Ocean Beach is great for families and the partying set alike--somehow they seem to coexist well in Ocean Beach. If you go, I say go to Ocean Beach. If you go to Ocean Beach "you're probably going to want a hotel to go with it".

The Palms is the place. It is clean, chic (as far as Ocean Beach goes) and well-appointed. When you check-in there is a great little outdoor lounge area where it seems everyone is mixing cocktails out of their little red wagon. Stick with clear liquor and mixer in a water bottle if you plan to bring it to the Ocean or the beach Gestapo will bust you.

We stayed in the building adjacent to the bay. They have an awesome bay-front sitting area with couches, umbrellas and tables (the comfortable swanky kind)--great for breakfast or a drink late-night.

Everyone on staff was extremely helpful. It is a bit pricey but worth it if you want to have a clean experience free of the smell of mold and last weekend's revelers.

• Stayed August 2013
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Residence Inn Long Island Islip/Courthouse Complex
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport

Been to The Palms Hotel Fire Island? Share your experiences!