“Good location, horrible smell”

Seasons Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocean Beach
Seasons Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Ocean Beach B&B and Inns
“Good location, horrible smell”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed in 2 rooms here in June 2014. When we showed up a woman yelled at us to check in at the blue waters hotel. The woman there was pretty helpful but the woman back at seasons didn't even show us where our rooms were. The rooms are small but sufficient. The location is amazing. But what we need to talk about is the smell. The entire place smells like cat pee. And the worst part is there are no cats. But honestly it's overwhelming and all-consuming. The bedrooms have a lot of air fresher pumping into them, but it's honestly hard
To walk through the hallways. If you need a convenient place to stay in fire island go for it I'm just writing this because I was mad that no one warned me so I'm warning you

• Stayed June 2014
7 Thank Ellen B

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Washington
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Seasons Bed and Breakfast is conveniently located just adjacent to the ferry dock. The rooms are simple but clean --no maid service--small but quite adequate (and very inexpensive) for Fire Island. There is an attractive deck for breakfast or simply for lounging after going to the beach. The staff is friendly and willing to give you advice on local history and excursions. If you want luxury, go elsewhere. If you want convenience try them.
Ask for a room facing the water--noisy but worth it for the view.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Wolfgang3002
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We walk in to our room on arrival to find someone else's stuff in there and the room dirty. No apologies, no offer for any money back. Not worth it. Dont do it. Even if this is the last place available, wait another weekend and book another place.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank TheGaussians22

Travellers are raving about these Ocean Beach hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 October 2012

It was really pleasant, and I shared one room with two beds with a friend of mine. So it was good value for the location, since this part of town gets pretty expensive during the season.
I was afraid I'd get a dumpy place for the price, but I was pleasantly surprised. Sure, the rooms are small, just enough to fit the beds, but the shared bathroom is very nice and when I was there it wasn't crowded. The whole bnb felt like home. The people working there were sweet too. I recommend it. I'd stay here again rather than the overpriced Palms.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Noora K
Reviewed 8 September 2012

....Sure am! This was my second stay at Seasons with my boyfriend. We found it online last summer and enjoyed our stay immensely. We returned again and were happy to see that the first time was not "luck". Remember this is a quaint B&B. Small room but clean and you are only there to sleep. Breakfast is awesome! Fresh blueberry pancakes, frittata, fresh and ripe fruit salad, crossiants, bagels, cream cheese, granola, other cereals, coffee, tea etc...if you can't find something to eat then YOU have a problem not the B&B. Shared bathrooms but its kept clean and I've never had to wait to use it. The location is very close to the ferry, shops, restaurants and offers a lovely scenic walk to the beach. And I really liked that Seasons provides complimentary use of beach chairs and beach towels. Plus they allow use of their fridge (which we use to store our wine and some snacks we brought with us).Is it overpriced for 2-person weekend getaway? Some might say yes. But I guess it's "supply and demand". It's not too high that I wouldn't go back next summer (as I plan to). My only tiny issue was they collect a cash gratuity for the maid service when you check in. But they never serviced our room (we were there for 3 nights). Soooo maybe it was for cleaning the shared bathrooms (?)

• Stayed August 2012
5 Thank LimonSue
NYC
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Anyone that bashes Harvey's hotels are delusional. If you want the real fire island experience, you should stay at the seasons bed and breakfast or the blue waters hotel. Although you do not have a private bathroom in the Seasons, the staff make you feel like you're staying in their very own home. Their Sat and Sun breakfasts are homemade, delicious and make me feel like i'm waking up in my own bed at home. If you compare the prices of the Seasons to any other hotel in Ocean Beach, The Seasons is actually cheaper. If you want fancy/upscale stay at the Palms or go to the Hamptons. If you want comfort, a smile and a wonderful staff that looks out for you, stay at The Seasons or Blue Waters hotel. Additionally, the location cant be beat. It's right in town, a hop skip and jump from the ferry and just a 10 min walk to the beach. They provide all the right amenities, clean rooms, beach and bath towels, bikes, beach chairs and beach umbrellas. It's the only hotel I will stay at when I'm in Fire Island, and i've been going for about seven years now. I'm a native new yorker and although I like the finer things in life, I know that when I go to fire island, i'm going for a laid back, relaxed, carefree weekend. If you want something fancy, go to the Hamptons and leave the rest of us alone.

Room Tip: If you want a private bathroom stay at the blue waters. If you don't mind sharing a bathroom, wh...