“Awesome food!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Dear Friends,
Maguire's is the most tasteful meals that you will get on Fire Island. The food is always amazing and the prices are very fair. That being said, I don't know how often they have people of color at this establishment. I started coming to Fire Island a few years ago with my family. Summers are important to us because we are so busy all year long. ( I'm a school Assistant Superintendent)
I've noticed that when I first visited this restaurant, the staff wasn't very welcoming however it was apparent how others were treated. (much better)
A few weeks ago when I returned to Maguire's with my family, the staff was much better! Thank you for continuing to approve your service.
Sharon

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stopped here for some drinks before lunch. Staff as very friendly and attentive. Prices are fairly reasonable for fire island.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

You are on Fire Island. Eat outside on the deck. The food here is good, with many options for diverse palates. I was not as overwhelmed by the food as I was with the view. Our waiter was friendly and attentive and knew the menu well. They also had some prix fixe options that made ordering easier. Also, the prices are higher ( it is FI), but the portions are generous and you are on vacation.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stopped in for lunch and drinks after spending some time at the beach and strolling through the village. The Bloody Mary's from the bar were great. They can make them extra spicy if you like it hot. Lunch was great and island priced ($$$). The fish and trips were as good as I have had in London and made with fresh fish (Haddock not Cod). The server was friendly and responsive. Sit outside on the deck along the waterfront for the best experience.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I thought the view of the bay was the best part of our meal. The service was a bit lacking as it took a bit too much time get our drinks; about 30 minutes, We spent over 3 hours from the start of our arrival to when we actually finished our dinner.

The food quality and taste wasn't that much better. The sliders weren't very good. The buns were a bit stale and the pork was too fatty and drenched in barbeque sauce.

The soup was starchy and my Drukin' Pork Chop was dry as a bone smothered in mashed yams. Nothing good and if I were offered more options, I think I would go elsewhere. Unfortunately there are not that many options on Fire Island, especially in Ocean Beach.

1  Thank Insbro